Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Recent Influx of Immigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by violette829 Of course there are people here who don't take every opportunity that comes their way, but that's mostly the spoiled "natives" who are in a state of comfort ...
    Unfortunately to many on the outside lookin in on this country, it seems as if life here is all about kicking back, consuming, spending the money that grows on trees, and basically like a shortcut to heaven.

What they don't realize is that although the opportunities for all that is DEFINITELY here, they are still going to have to work their asses off... maybe a lot more than they are used to back in their seemingly so "crappy" home countries.

Many outsiders simply don't realize how hard the Americans actually work ... relative to europeans for example. Of course there is exception to any general statement, but having lived and visited both US and several places in Europe, I feel comfortable in making that statement.

I have no doubt that the potential immigrant pool is going to contain some extremely bright, intelligent, and hardworking people, and some extremely useless garbage with the norms being somewhere in between. So now the difficult question is HOW to distinguish the good from the bad and I admit it is not very easy.
    this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by clubbin714 ... Immigrants and the children of immigrants are often hard-working, fluently English-speaking, money spending, county loving, tax paying citizens.
      Then how do you explain all the other crappy people here in the US? Don't tell me they are not immigrants or children of immigrants With any group, you are going to end up having all kinds of people ... some brilliant scientists, some expert craftsmen, and some that go and form organized crime families and turn crime into a prolific business.

And once in a while you'll have a couple of them pick up M16's and go shoot up a bank in North Hollywood.
      Last edited by Sip; 03-11-2004, 02:18 PM.
      this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Seapahn Unfortunately to many on the outside lookin in on this country, it seems as if life here is all about kicking back, consuming, spending the money that grows on trees, and basically like a shortcut to heaven.

What they don't realize is that although the opportunities for all that is DEFINITELY here, they are still going to have to work their asses off... maybe a lot more than they are used to back in their seemingly so "crappy" home countries.

Many outsiders simply don't realize how hard the Americans actually work ... relative to europeans for example. Of course there is exception to any general statement, but having lived and visited both US and several places in Europe, I feel comfortable in making that statement.

I have no doubt that the potential immigrant pool is going to contain some extremely bright, intelligent, and hardworking people, and some extremely useless garbage with the norms being somewhere in between. So now the difficult question is HOW to distinguish the good from the bad and I admit it is not very easy.
        I like this guy. We need more moderates on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan I like this guy. We need more moderates on this forum.
          Thanks for the vote of confidence but the mod team here is already pretty excellent. That was the reason I joined
          this post = teh win.

Comment

Perhaps we should change the name of the thread to "Recent Influx Of Immigrants"....
            Ehemmmmmmmmmmmmmm MODS!

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan I like this guy. We need more moderates on this forum.
              Good god, don't talk like that when you don't know the guy.................

Should we allow everyone to enter into this country
              definitely not.

but immigration is a hopeless case at this point. so move on, forget about the countries that have been flooded by immigrants....

on another note, 4 shootings during this last week in a small area called Scarborough. LOVELY, don't you agree?!!! Surely, those immigrants are very skilled and will get a job as soon as they come in, and not be involved in drug deals, gun smuggling, yada yada yada...... LOVELY!!!

Comment

So yah, I am all for "tough" selection criteria ... why should we allow any lazy bum with no prospects to be of any use to anyone to enter this country?
                Oh you mean the ones who get on welfare as soon as they set foot into the country? i love them, and the way they empty my pockets in taxes. so let's bring more of them in!!!! why do we need skilled workers anyway? let's bring farmers from a province in China, eh?

a) Moral View
                there is nothing immoral about selective immigration or anti-immigration for that matter. morality is an unrelated concept.

I don't think all human beings are "created equal".
                Vayyyy, how racist of you to say that!!!! How dare you!!!

Immigrants are the life blood of our nation.
                not long ago, they weren't, and there also weren't gun crimes on every street every single day... so indeed, they are the "blood" of our "nation(s)".

Immigrants and the children of immigrants are often hard-working, fluently English-speaking, money spending, county loving, tax paying citizens.
                You obviously live in a shell. But then again, I don't blame you. You probably don't take the bus, and you probably live in an area that is mainly houses rather than apartments, and you don't get to see the filthiest of the filthy....

Thanks for the vote of confidence but the mod team here is already pretty excellent. That was the reason I joined
                No no, that's not the reason you joined. the fact that you-know-who is on the mod team is the reason you joined.

Comment

RELAX people, Patlajan said 'moderates', not 'moderaTORS' Sheesh. Sit down, hush up. I agree with Seap. And with Patlajan.
                  The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Immigrants really suck ass.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug RELAX people, Patlajan said 'moderates', not 'moderaTORS' Sheesh. Sit down, hush up. I agree with Seap. And with Patlajan.
                      lol... phewwwww

Comment

Working...
                      X