Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Intuition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intuition

This was another thread I posted at another forum, but I thought I should reproduce it here.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Intuition is simply an expression of the cosmic mind in man through the attunement of the inner self with the universal cosmic mind. The mind itself has potential faculties that can enable it to hear, see, feel, taste, and smell without depending upon the sense of the faculties of the physical body. These higher faculties also transmit certain impressions. These impressions are different from our physical senses. These impressions are very much subtle and the average person ignroes them, because they are often vague, and indefinite as compared to the distinct and familiar impressions transmitted by the physical senses. Intuition is knowledge transmitted to our mind and not limited nor affected by the physical senses. Not only do time and space not limit intuition, but neither do any other physical measurements. Therefore it is obvious that intuition opens up a vast new fountain of knowledge.

I would say that it is entirely possible to develop our intuitive impressions to such clarity and strength that they speak impressively and with conviction. It has been said that women have intuition and are more inclined to trust those impressions than men are, hence "women are emotional" or how mothers "feel" something is wrong with their child. Any one can search their inner self for an answer to a problem and find definite information which might not be obtainable any other way.

To develop your intuition I suggest an exercise that I was recommended. To tell the time of day, hesitate a few moments before looking at your watch or at a clock, close your eyes and become passive for a few seconds and give your intuitive sense and consciousness an oppotunity to express itself. Concentrate a moment on the question "What is the correct time?". The answer may come to your mind as a slight impression of the figures represnting the actual time, or you may feel in some other way that its 2 minutes after 4 or 20 mins to 2 or something of this kind. It is important to register the first impression which comes to you. Do not allow a second, third, or fourth impression to modify it. Then look at your watch or clock and see how nearly correct your impression is.
    You might get a second or third impression when you ask the question but these are other impressions and are often the result of the minds analytical reasoning. For instance, your first impression may be that it is 16 minutes to 3, but imediately another impression will come to you that it cannot be that late becuse only a little while before it was 20 mins after 2, therefore, it cannot be more than 25 mins to 3.

In this way you'll notice at different times you will objectively tend to set aside the first impression from your intuitive sense. If the faculty of intuition is to be developed, it must be on the basis that the moment you ask a question of it you must give credence to its answer. You must not permit any reasoning or argument to take place and modify the first answer given. Of course ioull find that many of our first answers wrong at the beginning of this little exercise because the intuitive impression will not be vivid enough, and youll be getting an impression so vaguely from the intuitive sense that you will miss it and take the answer from the objective senses instead. Gradually though youll find that through proper concentration and poassivity for just a moment, youll permit your intuitive consciousness to express itself.
    Achkerov kute.

I've always been able to guess the time pretty accurately. There is no need to focus for a few moments.

Comment

It's for heightening your intuitive sense. Some people are not as intuitive as you perhaps.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

so let me get this straight..if I'm taking a multiple choice test and my intuitive senses tells me the answer is A, yet my reasoning says the answer is C, should I still go with my intuition and pick A??

Comment

You should first develop your intuition yes. Hence I was always told of the advice on multiple choice tests back in elementary, "always go with the first answer". More often than not it is true.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
            More often than not it is true.
            unfortunately in my case it isn't
            every time I go with my "intuition" I get the wrong answer, or it might happen the other way around and the one time I do decide to go with my reasoning it just happens to be the wrong answer, and my intuition was the correct answer...multiple choice test suckx

Comment

Intuition...where is intuition there is no logic...because logic proves,but intuition discovers.Its really hard to be connected to intuition,because reasoning is just there.

thats a great treasure we have inside of us,its a gift of nature,our 6th unknown sense which leads and helps us in many ways( personal develpoment,reliationships,learning...).

my case is a bit different...my intuition never failed but i always betray it by giving a chance for second thought or as anon stated second impression.Human nature :when we discover something,we have to prove it with our logic and logic is strongly connected with reasoning.And i agree with anon.. the best way to develop your intuition is practice otherwise its getting rusty...

Do you have enough power to develop and master intuition ?heheheheh...thats a whole philosophy
              I'm a monstrous mass of vile, foul & corrupted matter.

Comment

You either know the answer or you don't. I can't see any way that intuition is going to help you on a multiple choice test. Time of the day is one thing. People have thousands of hormonal and enzymal cycles they can hook into to tell them that. You aren't just going to pull the name of the inventor of the cotton gin out of the air. However, if you were there for the lecture, or if you read the book, the answer is in your memory somewhere. It may not be in the front of your consciousness, or even in your consciousness at all, but it's there. I suppose you can "intuitively" recall it without being conscious of the recollection.

Comment

Originally posted by Inna
                  unfortunately in my case it isn't
                  every time I go with my "intuition" I get the wrong answer, or it might happen the other way around and the one time I do decide to go with my reasoning it just happens to be the wrong answer, and my intuition was the correct answer...multiple choice test suckx
                  unforutantely intuition doesn't do math .its our inner voce and sixth sense that we can use for our personal development.for tests and exams rely on your analitycal mind and brain.If you don't know the answer u can rely on logic...but not on your intuition.Intuition is more spiritual leader...if we are spiritually attuned intuition is right there to tell us and lead us and help us to make right choice or decition..Don't tempt intuition with your tests where u need your logic or analitycal mind...very simple example....do we use legs to grab a food?? No ...we have hands... .Intuition is devout sense.
                  I'm a monstrous mass of vile, foul & corrupted matter.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname
                    You either know the answer or you don't. I can't see any way that intuition is going to help you on a multiple choice test. Time of the day is one thing. People have thousands of hormonal and enzymal cycles they can hook into to tell them that. You aren't just going to pull the name of the inventor of the cotton gin out of the air. However, if you were there for the lecture, or if you read the book, the answer is in your memory somewhere. It may not be in the front of your consciousness, or even in your consciousness at all, but it's there. I suppose you can "intuitively" recall it without being conscious of the recollection.
                    You apparently need to do some reading on intuition. This isn't just confined to tellin of the time. Even during business houres of the day or during social hours at home youre phone rings, instead of immediately answering the phone, hesitate for a moment and ask yourself who might be calling, or what is it about. Then wait for an intuitive immpression from your inner self. Its important that the first impression you get is the one you stick with and accept. If you get wrong answers the first 20 times, dont let it discourage you, keep trying until you discover that more and more the answers are becoming dependable. It's like anything else, it takes time to train and develop that "sixth sense" that we rarely rely on. You can put this exercise to use throughout the day in dozens of ways to heighten your sense.

Likewise, you shouldnt wait around sit down all day waiting for an answer to come gradually, if anything from intuition is to be developed it has to be instantaneous. It must reach the point where you ask what time of day it is, and you have an answer before you can complete the question.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                    X