Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Intuition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To truly master the art of concetration and attunement requires practice, like sharpening your intuition, like playing baseball, like anything else. It is concentration that gives your self inspiration and fulfillment. What comes to you then, inspires you, what you think and whatever thoughts you receive and send are powerful for good or bad. After months of pratice you will see the mysteries of the universe open to you through this art of meditation.

People often think that this is some simply or easy thing that they can do on their own, sort of like flushing the toilet, but it is not. Those who practice physical and mental meditation, even then only a few get it down to a science and master it and reap its full results. People all try to concentrate, or meditate, whether its before games, or events, or a competition they have, or other things, people all, even if they fail, realize that they must reach to the kernel of inner truth and that is only within themselves. That's why there are thousands of self-help books and books dealing with meditation and such. It is a great help in all our daily affairs of life, for maintaining health, success, and creating happiness, and exuding that positivty.

The rules for concetrating are so simply yet so confusing. The first thing to have down if you want to seriously begin concentrating, is purpose. You have to ask yourself why you wish to concentrate. You must have a definite purpose in mind and it must be one single purpose, one reason for concetration, one thing, one subject, one idea, one cause, one result, one intention. You must focus your full mental powers on that one thing. You cannot have several desires or purposes in one act of concetration. That is the most serious mistake taht people make and believe that so long as they are about to devote an hour to silent concentration its feasbile to combine several purposes. But this very combination of different thoughts negates and prevents concetration and focus. There has to be only one thought in mind.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
      Skepticism is not the same as whining about evolution in a thread dealing with intuition. With that said, this is basically where I draw the line with you and Seapahn or any other person who buys into your explanations of reality. You adhere to the age old concept of treating man as a biological chemical entity, whereas I see him as a spiritual being. Therefore, I find it pointless to even discuss this with you since you have no idea where I am coming from nor where I am bringing this discussion from, nor where it is intended to go or how to be received, or how it might serve someone. If you want to contend that this has no evidence, you're right, you can't "map it" or put it in a nice algebraic equation, so stop asking stupid questions about "pet theories".
      Man, you just got up on the wrong side of the floorboard today, didn't you? I don't contend that there is no evidence for this. When did I ever do that? I said exactly what would constitute evidence. I don't see how it would be so difficult to find something suggesting that there is truth to your claim. My guess is you have nothing, but I'm sure there must be something out there. Do a little searching.

By the way, I don't why you are having so much trouble understanding why I've posted about pharyngeal gill slits and such. My point is only that, on the one hand, you will accept no evidence whatsoever for a theory that you find personally incredible. On the other hand, you will accept nothing more than your own intuition regarding the truth of your claims about intution. Surely you can see how that is question-begging.

I don't see why a dialogue between us should be so difficult. I have never rejected the possibility that man is a spiritual being, but if he be so, surely the truths regarding his spiritual nature must be communicable through some means other than platitudes.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname
        Man, you just got up on the wrong side of the floorboard today, didn't you? I don't contend that there is no evidence for this. When did I ever do that? I said exactly what would constitute evidence. I don't see how it would be so difficult to find something suggesting that there is truth to your claim. My guess is you have nothing, but I'm sure there must be something out there. Do a little searching.

By the way, I don't why you are having so much trouble understanding why I've posted about pharyngeal gill slits and such. My point is only that, on the one hand, you will accept no evidence whatsoever for a theory that you find personally incredible. On the other hand, you will accept nothing more than your own intuition regarding the truth of your claims about intution. Surely you can see how that is question-begging.

I don't see why a dialogue between us should be so difficult. I have never rejected the possibility that man is a spiritual being, but if he be so, surely the truths regarding his spiritual nature must be communicable through some means other than platitudes.
        You are confusing two things - the self, and some mechanistic equation of reality called evolution, one a spiritual worldview, the other a biological worldview. In the process of the above paragraphs you went on to mischaracterize my position, by carefully constructing sentences to form an argument to somehow show "question begging". I will only state that you are wrong, and that I will only go into this in the proper thread. Once again, remove this to the proper thread, are you not a moderator? Talk about integrity...
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

This is the proper thread! I'm asking for something to back up your claims about intuition. You give intuition. That is question-begging.

Comment

Now you change from the evolution aspect to "asking me to back up my claims" on intuition in order to justify ruining a thread. You're getting redundant. You do not buy into intuition, you might as well leave the thread since you are only taking up diskspace. I already said there is no way you can prove intuition per the biological/chemical/mechanistic worldview which you subscribe to. Therefore there is no question begging other than you saying so, which leaves me wondering why you're here in this thread. You are indeed ruining the vibes of the thread. It was meant to be spiritual/inspirational, and you are bringing your tired old rants that deal with the biological/chemical/mechanistic explanations which I already said don't coincide with the spiritual worldview.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

A second aspect for proper meditation and concentration is motive. One must consider the motive in seeking that upon which you wish to concentrate. Are you seeking something for "self" alone? If so then your purpose may fail, since this cannot be confined to selfish purposes only. Your motive therefore has to have benefits for others as well as yourself. Its not wrong to desire something of personal gain as long as you intend and expect to use that for the benefit of someone else. If you desire a new car, or some material asset, it's not improper if you allow others to share its pleasures with you. To desire that which only brings success to you, but something that may benefit your friends and family is what should be the focus.

Third one must consider whether the things you seek are deserved. Every child at one time believes those things which the parents held back from them, they deserved, and there is no happiness unless the child has that one thing. Then when we got it, after a week, or month, we forget that we ever wished for that thing which at one time the parents withheld from us. So it is with our lives that we long and wish for things which in the long run may work to our disadvantage, and it is important to consider that it is one concentrates and meditates on, to be something of a spiritual value for the long run.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Do you ever bother reading what is actually posted? I didn't ask for material evidence. I just said to demonstrate that people who use your technique have a tendency to be right.

Furthermore, I don't come in with any bias against the existence of intuition. If that was the case, I would not have cited the general reliability of my own. Think before you post, Mousy. Think.

Comment

Do you ever bother reading what is actually posted? I didn't ask for material evidence. I just said to demonstrate that people who use your technique have a tendency to be right.

Furthermore, I don't come in with any bias against the existence of intuition. If that was the case, I would not have cited the general reliability of my own. Think before you post, Mousy. Think.
                  You cannot prove intuition works in others. The only way you will know is if you seek in your inner self. The only testament to it working is yourself, and the only verification you have is you, for intuition is something that emanates from within your soul, not someone else, and the only person whos inner self you are connected to is your own. Before you ask silly questions, why not read what I wrote initially to understand how to develop it and practice it to see. Don't think, feel.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

All right, man, if you really think individual beings are that isolated from one another that they can never hope to have a meaningful dialogue about this. I still don't why there can't be any indication that people with well-honed intuition have a general tendency to be right. I'm not asking for anything on a physiological level here. I desire no explanation of how this works. I know they've done similar studies to what I'm looking for with clairvoyants and with people who claim the ability to perform astral projection. I have no idea how reliable they are, but I know the studies exist. This is how credibility is attained - through demonstration. If you just come in here making claims that aren't backed up by anything, what reason does anyone have to listen to? Why do you think you're made fun of so much and people don't like engaging in discussions with you? Look at this. I'm not even taking a view opposed to your own, and yet you immediately jump on me. It's like you don't even want a dialogue; it's your way or the highway. If that's the case, you'd be better off posting to an online journal rather than a forum.

Comment

All right, man, if you really think individual beings are that isolated from one another that they can never hope to have a meaningful dialogue about this. I still don't why there can't be any indication that people with well-honed intuition have a general tendency to be right. I'm not asking for anything on a physiological level here. I desire no explanation of how this works. I know they've done similar studies to what I'm looking for with clairvoyants and with people who claim the ability to perform astral projection. I have no idea how reliable they are, but I know the studies exist. This is how credibility is attained - through demonstration. If you just come in here making claims that aren't backed up by anything, what reason does anyone have to listen to? Why do you think you're made fun of so much and people don't like engaging in discussions with you? Look at this. I'm not even taking a view opposed to your own, and yet you immediately jump on me. It's like you don't even want a dialogue; it's your way or the highway. If that's the case, you'd be better off posting to an online journal rather than a forum.
                      If you had been an honest chap about this, read my thread, practiced on your intuition, you would see why it is right, why it can roughly guess the time of day, after practicing. With that said, that was only an example and it can be applied to daily things in life, it's called your 'first impression'. If you don't think it's "reliable" then don't bother. What makes you think "reason" and the "five senses" are reliable? They fail just as much. I'm frankly beginning to get tired of your regurgitated nonsense, and if I'm made fun of so much, by who I ask? I don't recall that. Perhaps people can't engage in a discussion with me even if they chose to, since some of the stuff might well exceed their mental capacity to comprehend.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X