Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes / comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: notes / comments

Originally posted by jgk3
    I don't think I'll ever tire of these short and eloquent notes... Anyone can understand them so long as they look inside of themselves and not at banners.

I cannot comprehend the level of your perceptiveness and your ability to put it into such simple phrases.
    speaking for myself, i cannot comprehend how can some readers misunderstand me, in view of the fact that i try to be as direct and as difficult to misunderstand as possible...

which is why whenever i read a kind word i feel like saying:

thanks for your understanding... / ara

Comment

no problem!

Comment

Sunday, June 25, 2006
        A chicken and egg question: Is it dupes who create bad leaders or bad leaders who create dupes?
        Hitler was a horrible human being. He behaved decently only once in his life -- when he committed suicide. If only he had done so at the beginning of his career rather than at the end. Even so, unlike some others, he at least made one good decision in his life.
        When it comes to the injuries inflicted on us by others, we have the memory of elephants; but when it comes to the injuries we inflict on others, we behave more like advanced cases of Alzheimer’s.
        Universal education has its drawbacks. After a semester of algebra, biology, chemistry, history of philosophy, a couple of novels by Dostoevsky, and a play by Shaw, I was convinced I knew everything I needed to know. This may explain why for every two writers today we may or may not have a reader, and the chances are that reader will assume he knows better.
        For every truth there are ten thousand lies because that truth pretends to be the whole truth, which is a lie.
        #

Comment

Speaking of Nietzsche: i will say this: he once stated that he was not a good German but he fully qualified as a good European.

As for tolerance: i see no reason why one should be tolerant of racism, one of the least tolerant of ideologies....
          least tolerant? make it, murderously intolerant.

How would i respond to war and massacre?
          i would probably be one of the first victims of bloodthirsy fanatics. But before that happens, i would try to explain to them that what they are advocating is madness. But i also know that explanations work only with fundamentally decent and sane men.

Am i wasting my time? Very probably, i am!

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian
            When it comes to the injuries inflicted on us by others, we have the memory of elephants; but when it comes to the injuries we inflict on others, we behave more like advanced cases of Alzheimer’s.
            which goes back to our passion for resentment...

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian
              How would i respond to war and massacre?
              i would probably be one of the first victims of bloodthirsy fanatics. But before that happens, i would try to explain to them that what they are advocating is madness. But i also know that explanations work only with fundamentally decent and sane men.

Am i wasting my time? Very probably, i am!
              Explanations aren't always enough for sane and decent men either, especially when they can be punished by an authority figure. War and massacre are very scary things, because even the sane aren't allowed to behave sanely and live when death is staring them in the eye. I guess those of us who choose sanity above all, will be silenced first and foremost in such events.

Comment

I used to be a self-hating Armenian and I'm full blood except for a Swiss great-grandmother. I stopped hating myself the more I learned about our people and about our past. There are disgraces, but we're only human.

Why be ashamed of our blunders, why not accept what we are and live as what we are?

Perhaps the reason so many Armenians you've encountered do hate their heritage, hate it because they're afraid of embracing themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3
                  I used to be a self-hating Armenian and I'm full blood except for a Swiss great-grandmother. I stopped hating myself the more I learned about our people and about our past. There are disgraces, but we're only human.

Why be ashamed of our blunders, why not accept what we are and live as what we are?

Perhaps the reason so many Armenians you've encountered do hate their heritage, hate it because they're afraid of embracing themselves.
                  You can blame it on them as much as you like. They still remain lost, which means that we have to continue living as a an insignificant and weak nation, constantly on the verge of extinction. Maybe they see something that we don't see. Maybe you also once saw something that you are now blinded by, covering your eyes with our so-called rich culture. What rich culture, when our best men and women were contributing to other cultures?

Comment

This thread has been significantly cleaned up. There will be no more insulting posts derailing the thread from any party, myself included. So much as one more nonsense post or accusation, and poof goes this thread. Let Baliozian keep posting his tract.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by tunot
                      You can blame it on them as much as you like. They still remain lost, which means that we have to continue living as a an insignificant and weak nation, constantly on the verge of extinction. Maybe they see something that we don't see. Maybe you also once saw something that you are now blinded by, covering your eyes with our so-called rich culture. What rich culture, when our best men and women were contributing to other cultures?
                      I don't care if some other Armenians don't follow their heritage... I might ask them if they're interested in learning about it, and if they're not, then that's their choice... Can't change that. Perhaps later on, they'll become interested. It's never too late to be curious.

It's your life afterall, do what you want with it. I want to learn about my heritage. It's a choice. Every choice has benefits and reprecussions we're not consciously aware of. If you want to escape "blindness", you'll probably have to stop thinking altogether!

If you asked me questions about how nationalistic I feel, I wouldn't know what to answer... This is confusing for me. Armenia is not my home, it's part of our ancient homeland. I would fight for my home if it was in grave danger, I don't know about ancient homeland. All I've known through experience is Canada... All I know about Armenia is what I've read from books, internet, what people have told me... I'd have to experience it myself before I can answer questions about nationalism. I intend to take a look some day, not to answer this question, but to see it for myself.

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                      This thread has been significantly cleaned up. There will be no more insulting posts derailing the thread from any party, myself included. So much as one more nonsense post or accusation, and poof goes this thread. Let Baliozian keep posting his tract.
                      sounds good
                      Last edited by jgk3; 06-25-2006, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X