Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes / comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: notes / comments

Besides the fact that I don't recall insulting anyone...

Originally posted by jgk3
    I don't care if some other Armenians don't follow their heritage... I might ask them if they're interested in learning about it, and if they're not, then that's their choice... Can't change that. Perhaps later on, they'll become interested. It's never too late to be curious.
    They know too much already. That's why they leave. You would be right if you said that among Armenians, expecting change is like waiting for men to give birth.

Comment

I cannot agree with you.

Comment

I cannot agree with you.
        You don't need to.

Comment

What person who's learned the ancient history of our race would be ashamed of it?

We may not agree with contemporary Armenian mentality, but why give up awareness for the wealth of knowledge our ancestors have created? The Brits love their Stonehenge, why shouldn't we love our Carahunge(s)?

Comment

A note of my own that I feel can be applicable here:

"I guess when our sentiments aren't socially acceptable, we are forced to turn inwards, become introspective like this... When I write or speak about these things, I require an impartial reader or listener, otherwise my rejection will continue."

Do you feel the same way Ara?

Comment

What person who's learned the ancient history of our race would be ashamed of it?

We may not agree with contemporary Armenian mentality, but why give up awareness for the wealth of knowledge our ancestors have created? The Brits love their Stonehenge, why shouldn't we love our Carahunge(s)?
              What wealth? We were weak and insignificant then; we are weak and insignificant now.

Comment

So you're after power and fame? I see...

That's not what heritage is about tunot.

Comment

So you're after power and fame? I see...

That's not what heritage is about tunot.
                  Actually, I'm after a bit of stability. For people to stop talking of miscegenation because we are constantly under the threat of being on the verge of extinction. Is that too much to ask? Unless you want to continue belonging to a nation that is worthless through and through and better off extinct than surviving just for the sake of survival. When you hated being an Armenian, you knew much more of your heritage than you do now, since you've been blinded by our pathetic history, which our books like to embellish and which you now like to believe is god-sent truth. Try and remember why you hated being an Armenian so much and you may begin to understand what is ailing us as a nation and why we are still complaining about being on the verge of extinction.

Comment

Monday, June 26, 2006
                    Every ideology has its declared (as well as undeclared) agenda and propaganda line clearly discernible to others but not always to its adherents, especially not those who confuse ideology with theology.
                    When assessing yourself it’s useful to remember the meaning of the first syllable of the verb “to assess.”
                    To rely on your instinct in your judgments means to allow your human brain to become an instrument of your animal drives.
                    When dealing with dinosaurs a crocodile skin is no defense.
                    A charlatan is a dupe with a college education.
                    If you wouldn’t argue with Genghis Khan, why would you even consider arguing with someone to the right of him?
                    Jilly Cooper (b. 1937) British novelist and critic, in her review of THE HITE REPORT, on American women: “They certainly know how to rape the language. One girl said she was ‘devirginized’ at twenty-five, another found it hard to resist married men, ‘because all my friends are adulterizing.’ My favorite was the girl who described her private parts as ‘plain but with charisma’.”
                    #

Comment

Armenians should embrace themselves and cherish their heritage?
                      i would amend that: we should reject that which is weak and evil within us,and accept that which is good and constructive.

we should reject a culture of treason and subservience.
                      and develop self-reliance.

Comment

Working...
                      X