Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Abortion

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sleuth
    Guys can u forget about wh88s for a sake of god? plz

Don'e even bring them here... i totally agree
    Uhhhh.....don't bring wh*res into a conversation about abortion? That's like saying don't bring up baklava in a conversation about best deserts. Observe (these were averages taken from several combined surveys, thus the reason they don't add up to an even 100%):

reason % of abortions

rape or incest 1 (0.4-1.3)

mother has health problems 3 (2.8)

possible fetal health problems 3 (3.3)

unready for responsibility (21)

is too immature or young to have child (12.2)

woman's parents want her to have abortion <0.5

has problems with relationship or wants to avoid single parenthood (14.1)

husband or partner wants her to have abortion (1)

has all the children she wanted or all children are grown (7.9)

can't afford baby now (21.3)

concerned about how having baby would change her life (16)

doesn't want others to know she had relations or is pregnant (1)

other (3)

Hmmmm......the damn chart thingy won't paste. I tried to break it up as cleanly as possible.

The reasons in red are the reasons you presented, Slueth. As you can see (and as I already knew), they don't account for much. The guy forceing the girl to do it is almost non existent, and the low percentage of women who have all the children they want already I pressume are married in "nice and decent families", so there goes that theory. The reasons in blue are the only ones that could possibly be up for consideration as "legit" or necessary. Most of us agreed that these would be acceptable exceptions. But unfortunately, as you can see (and I stated early on in this thread), they don't add up to much, either.

As I had roughly estimated early on, about 85% of abortions are due to the more....shall we say...selfish reasons? (I'm willing to bet the percentage is in all reality higher, but some of these girls would rather not admit to aborting due to their irresponsibility, and may make up excuses for it). Therefore, it is impossible to have a conversations about abortion without a large portion of it revolveing around the more promiscuous women. This isn't for the purpose of being derogatory. I'm just stating facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow
      Uhhhh.....don't bring wh*res into a conversation about abortion? That's like saying don't bring up baklava in a conversation about best deserts. Observe (these were averages taken from several combined surveys, thus the reason they don't add up to an even 100%):

reason % of abortions

rape or incest 1 (0.4-1.3)

mother has health problems 3 (2.8)

possible fetal health problems 3 (3.3)

unready for responsibility (21)

is too immature or young to have child (12.2)

woman's parents want her to have abortion <0.5

has problems with relationship or wants to avoid single parenthood (14.1)

husband or partner wants her to have abortion (1)

has all the children she wanted or all children are grown (7.9)

can't afford baby now (21.3)

concerned about how having baby would change her life (16)

doesn't want others to know she had relations or is pregnant (1)

other (3)

Hmmmm......the damn chart thingy won't paste. I tried to break it up as cleanly as possible.

The reasons in red are the reasons you presented, Slueth. As you can see (and as I already knew), they don't account for much. The guy forceing the girl to do it is almost non existent, and the low percentage of women who have all the children they want already I pressume are married in "nice and decent families", so there goes that theory. The reasons in blue are the only ones that could possibly be up for consideration as "legit" or necessary. Most of us agreed that these would be acceptable exceptions. But unfortunately, as you can see (and I stated early on in this thread), they don't add up to much, either.

As I had roughly estimated early on, about 85% of abortions are due to the more....shall we say...selfish reasons? (I'm willing to bet the percentage is in all reality higher, but some of these girls would rather not admit to aborting due to their irresponsibility, and may make up excuses for it). Therefore, it is impossible to have a conversations about abortion without a large portion of it revolveing around the more promiscuous women. This isn't for the purpose of being derogatory. I'm just stating facts.
      Thank you for validating my claim.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

are the moderators alive???? please kill this phuckin thread!!
        enuff's phuckin enuff!!

Comment

Okay .
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

No problem, Mouse. I figured that part wouldn't end till we threw out some numbers....but...I have to say...the stance you've taken on a personal level over the last few posts disturbs me. I mean, is it not being somewhat hypocritical that you (and I) say that control is the key, yet you're saying it's not your fault when you have sex with a girl who gives it up just because you're a guy? It does sound like you're tyring to let yourself off the hook by creating an exception. Just as we are blaming the women for knowing what men are, and allowing them to do what they want anyway, does the same not apply to men knowing what we are, and that women "blame us for everything", yet going through with/not fighting the act? And the whole "I don't care what anyone else says, if you disagree, you're wrong" tells me you may be feeling guilty about what you did. You know the counter arguement before it's even made, because your conscience has made it with you already.

I certainly haven't said anything I've said in this thread because I'm letting guys off the hook, or don't put any of the blame on them. I NEVER have sex with a girl who isn't on the pill, because the pill is slightly more effective than condems. You have to keep this balanced. If a guy is going to do a girl who is unprotected while he's unprotected, that's irresponsibility at its most obvious on the part of the guy, as well.

Comment

dont' be all smug! you're not a moderator.

Comment

Moderators are not online 24/7. Since a certain poster here has decided to ruin his own thread by posting nothing but profanity and yelling, it is closed.

This behavior will not be tolerated.

Comment

Working...
                X