Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Հայոց ճակատագիր

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Հայոց ճակատագիր

Originally posted by tunot
    If it makes our nation continue to exist as it is, then it's evil, because it is forcing us to be weak against our enemies, it is forcing us into a position which makes us vulnerable for another genocide, and it is forcing us to be under the constant threat of being on the verge of extinction.
    Could it be I just read the above statement from you? One would think you are me.
    Achkerov kute.

Re: notes / comments

Actually, I've been saying the same thing over and over again ever since you opened a thread on language.

Comment

Actually, I've been saying the same thing over and over again ever since you opened a thread on language.
      Actually, Nairi, you haven't and let's not go there and leave it at that.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
        Actually, Nairi, you haven't and let's not go there and leave it at that.
        Stop twisting my words around. I did. And very clearly so. What you are saying, however, is that our solution lies in pumping out more pups than we are pumping out now. Moreover, your solution is that we should stop mixing because that would be a detriment to our so-called blood. I keep repeating over and over again that that is NOT our problem. Our problem is much simpler than that: namely, that we have plenty of members, but that most of them prefer to assimilate. In other words: you can pump out as many pups as you like, but it won't make a lick of difference when the overwhelming majority of them will choose at some point or another to stop belonging to your breed. Capiche? Now try to find a solution for that. It can't be that hard, can it?

Comment

You say that no matter how pure or mixed you (diasporans) are, you'll be assimilated. Then when I say, "If they learn about their heritage, they'll feel more comfortable accepting their heritage and will support it (the good sides)", and you say, "They leave because they know more too much about their heritage"... There's no escape, Armenians are sentenced to extinction?

What kind of solution do you have in your mind for Armenians?

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3
            You say that no matter how pure or mixed you (diasporans) are, you'll be assimilated. Then when I say, "If they learn about their heritage, they'll feel more comfortable accepting their heritage and will support it (the good sides)", and you say, "They leave because they know more too much about their heritage"... There's no escape, Armenians are sentenced to extinction?

What kind of solution do you have in your mind for Armenians?
            I think Ara has given quite enough solutions in his long career of writing. Maybe it's time we followed up on it, instead of merely reading it and either liking it or disliking it.

Comment

Ara's solutions speak to us at the individual level, otherwise they would generate propaganda.

We must work on our selves, unit by unit, to generate an intelligent group of people.

When Ara criticizes Armenians, he doesn't really tell Armenians what the solution might be... Those "solutions" are "what if"s, they are merely designed to show an alternate path that can only be followed by one's own choice, and I stress the "one". If it's more than one person, it's a big bonus.

Perhaps asking for a solution for Armenians as a whole was a stupid question. We are human beings before Armenians. We should learn to grow as human beings before taking part in our heritage, otherwise we'll do nothing but harm it further.

Of course, our ideas of what it means to be human may differ, but I think it's important to ask this question before dealing with heritage.

Comment

Stop twisting my words around. I did. And very clearly so. What you are saying, however, is that our solution lies in pumping out more pups than we are pumping out now. Moreover, your solution is that we should stop mixing because that would be a detriment to our so-called blood. I keep repeating over and over again that that is NOT our problem. Our problem is much simpler than that: namely, that we have plenty of members, but that most of them prefer to assimilate. In other words: you can pump out as many pups as you like, but it won't make a lick of difference when the overwhelming majority of them will choose at some point or another to stop belonging to your breed. Capiche? Now try to find a solution for that. It can't be that hard, can it?
                I am not twisting anything. In the process it has actually been my words that have been twisted, for you see, what I advocate is only one part of the whole, for what I advocate cannot be or exist without what you advocate. It is, part and parcel, tied to each other, and I have more than once clarified this, only to have you ignore it.

We don't need otaramol Armenians who cannot speak Armenian and want to dilute themselves and dabble in all sorts of self-hating escapades, just like we don't Armenians who may be the best Armenian speakers, but when it actually comes to be Armenian, they too want to dabble with anything and everything except Armenians, just like we don't need those who are Armenian conscious or lost if they do nothing more than than pointing and indictment of other Armenians who are actually trying to do something.

And if you actually took into consideration Armenia's population implosion you would not speak so about "pumping out pups". You seem to forget that for any people to survive and grow, they need to at least have subsistence levels, to at least replace the current generation. The question you ask, who is there to carry the torch of the culture? Well? If size gradually shrinks, my guess is, less and less people will be there who will. The statistics of Armenia is what is more troubling than the fruitless diasporan jokers who are already headed toward oblivion and cannot even realize it for life is far easier to live with eyes closed. How many siblings did your grandparents have, and your parents in turn? And how many siblings did you or your sister/brother have? The comparisons will speak volumes. In my own family it does and those of my relatives and extended family. And while I do not expect uniformity in the answers to this, and there will be exceptions, but for the most part, by and large, the previous Armenian generation grew whereas this one barely sustains itself, and even that is a matter of debate.

Capiche?
                Last edited by Anonymouse; 06-28-2006, 04:29 PM.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3

Perhaps asking for a solution for Armenians as a whole was a stupid question. We are human beings before Armenians. We should learn to grow as human beings before taking part in our heritage, otherwise we'll do nothing but harm it further.
                  I think that is a given, and all we want is to usher in the man of tomorrow who will be the Armenian of tomorrow, not yesterday, nor today. That is the goal, and how we get there is a matter of individual efforts, families and education. There are no two ways about it.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

I agree.

Comment

Working...
                    X