Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Would you marry a person who isn't Armenian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inna
    replied
    Originally posted by Anonymouse I never said I'm not willing to accept you, I just don't like the fact that you don't speak Armenian and it is up to us as individuals to educate and learn ourselves. No non-Armenian is going to teach you your language. And lastly, if everyone in the world stopped speaking Armenian, do you for once think that we would actually still be "unique"? A people without a language is not much of a people. One or two may not speak, but we are lucky that most Armenians still speak the language, sadly the situation is changing rapidly.
    I agree, language is an important part of our culture, and i envy those who are able to speak it..i just don't think is fair for you to disregard someone just because they never got the opprotunity to learn the language

Leave a comment:

• chille
    replied
    Originally posted by Anonymouse I never said I'm not willing to accept you, I just don't like the fact that you don't speak Armenian and it is up to us as individuals to educate and learn ourselves. No non-Armenian is going to teach you your language. And lastly, if everyone in the world stopped speaking Armenian, do you for once think that we would actually still be "unique"? A people without a language is not much of a people. One or two may not speak, but we are lucky that most Armenians still speak the language, sadly the situation is changing rapidly.
    I am not saying that people should stop learning Armenian or stop speaking it! But you could be more repsectful of her rather than occusing her of not being a true Armenian. And besides you seem to think that I dont speak it either, guess what? You are wrong....

Leave a comment:

• Anonymouse
    replied
    Originally posted by chille I didnt want to get into your conversation with Inna but I felt that I had to say that.
    You are the most disrespectful guy I have ever heard of!!!! Instead of feeling pain for your people (yes, they are still your people, and it does not xxxxing matter whether they lived in Baku and dont speak Armenian!!!!!!!) You are dumb enough to say that a language makes you an ethnic group!!!!! So we speak English, does it make us Americans?? does it make us British?????
    or may be Australian???? Damn, I cannot believe that some people are so narrow-minded. They had to go through a lot of xxxx as the matter of fact! They had to prove to the whole republic they lived in, that they were equal to the rest of the Muslim population. Being around them did not make them Turkish or whoever, it made them better Armenians! They still kept their culture, values, and traditions. As the matter of fact I have heard about a lot of guys who would come from Erevan to marry Armenian from Baku.
    What you just said about her is actually one of the reasons why we have lost most of the territory and power we ever had! We are not willling to accept our own people..... We would rather kiss someone else's asses..... and then scream from the top of our lungs that WE ARE ARMENIANS
    I never said I'm not willing to accept you, I just don't like the fact that you don't speak Armenian and it is up to us as individuals to educate and learn ourselves. No non-Armenian is going to teach you your language. And lastly, if everyone in the world stopped speaking Armenian, do you for once think that we would actually still be "unique"? A people without a language is not much of a people. One or two may not speak, but we are lucky that most Armenians still speak the language, sadly the situation is changing rapidly.

Leave a comment:

• Anonymouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Shahumyan dont worry, hes xxxxed in the head, it stems from before he fled Armenia like a coward, when he was raped by a goat on a sari vra as he was eating hats oo panir, its left him scarred ever since
    I'm glad you know what "sari vra" and "hats oo panir" mean, since they are the only Armenian you will ever know, xxxx for brains.

Leave a comment:

• SagGal
    replied
    Originally posted by Inna I just wanted..........................who connect
    perfectly worded Inna. RIGHT ON.

Leave a comment:

• chille
    replied
    Originally posted by Inna I just wanted to say Thank You Chille for understanding me..and as for you Anonymouse....what you said about me not caring much for Armenians or Azeris, well i was 4 yrs old..i never thought i was any different then anyone else (not that i even socialized with anyone other then the people who lived on my street, who by the way were all Armenians)..the day an Azeri solider came to our home and told my mom, "you better leave or you'll be killed" was the day i realized we were different...frankly i'm glad that i was born outside of armenia..its made me become the person i am today and appreciate who i am, and not as narrow-minded as you...you should be grateful that Armenians around the world recognize the fact they are Armenian..not as a from of language but as a group of people who connect
    I am glad to do that any time

Leave a comment:

• Inna
    replied
    Originally posted by Anonymouse Listen numb nuts, what do you think "Armenian" is? It is a language spoken by those people which SETS THEM APART from other people becuase those OTHER PEOPLE speak ANOTHER LANGUAGE.

I bet you felt pretty comfortable and at home in front of the Caspian huh, and you didn't care much for "Armenianness" or "Azeriness" as long as you were comfortable, and you spoke Russian or Turkish, etc. etc.
    I just wanted to say Thank You Chille for understanding me..and as for you Anonymouse....what you said about me not caring much for Armenians or Azeris, well i was 4 yrs old..i never thought i was any different then anyone else (not that i even socialized with anyone other then the people who lived on my street, who by the way were all Armenians)..the day an Azeri solider came to our home and told my mom, "you better leave or you'll be killed" was the day i realized we were different...frankly i'm glad that i was born outside of armenia..its made me become the person i am today and appreciate who i am, and not as narrow-minded as you...you should be grateful that Armenians around the world recognize the fact they are Armenian..not as a from of language but as a group of people who connect

Leave a comment:

• Shahumyan
    Guest replied
    If a turk has learnt to speak Armenia, is he/she an armenian???

Leave a comment:

• Shahumyan
    Guest replied
    dont worry, hes xxxxed in the head, it stems from before he fled Armenia like a coward, when he was raped by a goat on a sari vra as he was eating hats oo panir, its left him scarred ever since

Leave a comment:

• chille
    replied
    Originally posted by Anonymouse Listen numb nuts, what do you think "Armenian" is? It is a language spoken by those people which SETS THEM APART from other people becuase those OTHER PEOPLE speak ANOTHER LANGUAGE.

I bet you felt pretty comfortable and at home in front of the Caspian huh, and you didn't care much for "Armenianness" or "Azeriness" as long as you were comfortable, and you spoke Russian or Turkish, etc. etc.
    I didnt want to get into your conversation with Inna but I felt that I had to say that.
    You are the most disrespectful guy I have ever heard of!!!! Instead of feeling pain for your people (yes, they are still your people, and it does not xxxxing matter whether they lived in Baku and dont speak Armenian!!!!!!!) You are dumb enough to say that a language makes you an ethnic group!!!!! So we speak English, does it make us Americans?? does it make us British?????
    or may be Australian???? Damn, I cannot believe that some people are so narrow-minded. They had to go through a lot of xxxx as the matter of fact! They had to prove to the whole republic they lived in, that they were equal to the rest of the Muslim population. Being around them did not make them Turkish or whoever, it made them better Armenians! They still kept their culture, values, and traditions. As the matter of fact I have heard about a lot of guys who would come from Erevan to marry Armenian from Baku.
    What you just said about her is actually one of the reasons why we have lost most of the territory and power we ever had! We are not willling to accept our own people..... We would rather kiss someone else's asses..... and then scream from the top of our lungs that WE ARE ARMENIANS

Leave a comment:

Working...
X