Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

I am Armenian and GAY. Not feminine, just masculine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I am Armenian and GAY. Not feminine, just masculine.

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
    Thank you! Apparently when a woman says "Hey, that doesn't describe me or the vast majority of women I know!" it is quickly dismissed here.

Be warned, when a man says something in that vein, he earns some snide comment about his level of estrogen. It's pretty shameful really...
    Are you entitled to judge the majority opinion?

I see in your opinion Londontsi's does not represent it, sorry, but I don't agree with you boss.

If you visit Armenia you'll find yourself in extreme minority, with your thoughts you expressed here, I assure you.

You may consider us illiterate (or not that developed, as you are) in terms of accepting homosexuals/sick/others "rights", but we think it is not a right, but rather a sin against the Bible/religion and/or universal human/animal moral values. Some people are willing to decriminalize allow and even promote everything that was not accepted historically in past, by not that "DEVELOPEd/naive" civilizations.
    Last edited by gegev; 07-08-2011, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
      Are you entitled to judge the majority opinion?

I see in your opinion Londontsi's does not represent it, sorry, but I don't agree with you boss.

If you visit Armenia you'll find yourself in extreme minority, with your thoughts you expressed here, I assure you.

You may consider us illiterate (or not that developed, as you are) in terms of accepting homosexuals/sick/others "rights", but we think it is not a right, but rather a sin against the Bible/religion and/or universal human/animal moral values. Some people are willing to decriminalize allow and even promote everything that was not accepted historically in past, by not that "DEVELOPEd/naive" civilizations.
      Even if you neglect to highlight the "I know" it doesn't change the fact that I said "the majority of women I KNOW", so yes, I am entitled to judge whether the majority of the women I know fit a particular description or not. If you're going to quote me and then reply, don't misrepresent what I said to meet your needs please. It's DISHONEST.

Frankly, I don't care about what you think based on religion. This is a LEGAL issue and an issue of human rights. I have never said that ANY church should permit gay marriage. They can do or not do whatever they want as long as it doesn't involve government. The bible permits having slaves; I wouldn't point to the bible as my unequivocal moral compass after really reading what it says. It's some hateful and heinous stuff... It advocates murder all over the place. It's message is one of segregation. I am saying we're all human beings and we should have the same basics rights under the law. That's a message of love and brotherhood that's more in line with what Christians think is the message of the bible.

I find myself to be an "extreme minority" in most places. It doesn't bother me; I am not going to change who I am or what I believe based on others. And what you know about the views of Armenian women are what views they express publicly. Give these women a chance to voice their opinions anonymously and I think you'd be surprised at the shift you'd observe.
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

The bible permits having slaves; I wouldn't point to the bible as my unequivocal moral compass after really reading what it says. It's some hateful and heinous stuff... It advocates murder all over the place. It's message is one of segregation. I am saying we're all human beings and we should have the same basics rights under the law. That's a message of love and brotherhood that's more in line with what Christians think is the message of the bible.
        The bible describes events that occurred regularly prior to civil laws, it doesn't advocate anything you state. Everything it describes is what people of the time were doing. Segregation is a natural human phenomenon. People will segregate themselves into social groups, it's part of their survival instincts. Children at a young age will choose friends which they find have common traits or characteristics.

Homosexuality won't reproduce so same sex marriages have no future. That means that many civil marital laws that were created by government for reasons of family can't be applied to same sex couples. The government would be in the right to take away any benefits given through marriage due to the increase of couples that give nothing back to the country.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

• Re: I am Azeri and GAY. Not sure if feminine or masculine.

...Give these women a chance to voice their opinions anonymously and I think you'd be surprised at the shift you'd observe.
          You think the propaganda you and alike conduct is fruitful.

May be it produces the results; in your close neighbourhood, but, thanks to God, fortunately it doesn't in Armenia and I'm proud of it.

It's unfertile; as Kanadahay mentioned; but you claim the opposite!!!
          Last edited by gegev; 07-08-2011, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Armenians are mostly agains homosexuality b/c asides the influences from the bible, they've been living under the influence of Russians and Muslims too long.

And yes I get that there can be negative aspects to gay and lesbian lifestyles and they don't want it to "infiltrate" our culture, but there are negative aspects of straight lifestyle too, and for every gay pedophile, sex offender, or whatever negative aspect that has been pointed out about being gay or lesbian, there's always at least 10 times the amount of it with heterosexuals, b/c statistically speaking since there's way more straight people, there'll be way more straight sex offenders. It's just that since the gay and lesbian communities are smaller whenever an offender turns up they are noticed more

but I think a lot Armenian's issue with gay's and lesbians has to do with the typical "if our kids are gay does that mean we won't have grand babies?" that many parents go through, but with Armenians it's turned up 110% b/c Armenians in the diaspora constantly worry about fading away and Armenians in Armenia constantly worry decreasing population, etc.

I'm not saying that makes it ok, but at least it's been decriminalized in the homeland and they don't execute them there or force them to get a sex change like our good ol'next door neighbors in Iran do(yes they really do both of those).

Also Armenians don't have as many notable gays or lesbians throughout most of history, even recently, to put a face to the name so people can see the majority of gays and lesbians are just normal people, and I think that probably that the homosexuality or lesbianism of any notable Armenian in history is "overlooked" and there aren't many notable Armenians in the present day in the homeland who are willing to come out so it makes the path to tolerance that much harder to find
            Last edited by ara87; 07-23-2011, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
              Also Armenians don't have as many notable gays or lesbians throughout most of history, even recently, to put a face to the name so people can see the majority of gays and lesbians are just normal people, and I think that probably that the homosexuality or lesbianism of any notable Armenian in history is "overlooked" and there aren't many notable Armenians in the present day in the homeland who are willing to come out so it makes the path to tolerance that much harder to find
              That's due to our culture. We raise men, not sissies. Western culture is the enemy of the people.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                That's due to our culture. We raise men, not sissies. Western culture is the enemy of the people.
                I didn't say there hadn't been gays and lesbians, just that there weren't many notable ones, which is to be expected since there's not that many notable armenians anyway due to our small numbers.

As far as not raising sissies go, being a sissy has nothing to do with being gay, there are sissys of all sexual orientations.

And as far as some manly warrior types for gay/bi men go, you have Alexander the Great, All but 5 of the emporers of Rome, Lord Byron whom Armenians so admire for fighting Turks. Yeghishe Charents and Sergei Parajanov were both bisexual just fyi.

And if you don't like gays and lesbians and want to view them as a problem you have the right to do so, but don't blame the "problem" on the West. there have been gays and lesbians throughout all cultures throughout all periods, even especially in Eastern cultures.

Comment

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
                  I didn't say there hadn't been gays and lesbians, just that there weren't many notable ones, which is to be expected since there's not that many notable armenians anyway due to our small numbers.

As far as not raising sissies go, being a sissy has nothing to do with being gay, there are sissys of all sexual orientations.

And as far as some manly warrior types for gay/bi men go, you have Alexander the Great, All but 5 of the emporers of Rome, Lord Byron whom Armenians so admire for fighting Turks. Yeghishe Charents and Sergei Parajanov were both bisexual just fyi.

And if you don't like gays and lesbians and want to view them as a problem you have the right to do so, but don't blame the "problem" on the West. there have been gays and lesbians throughout all cultures throughout all periods, even especially in Eastern cultures.
                  It's easy to say someone was gay after they are dead and can't defend themselves. Hollywood has a knack of twisting history and there is no proof of many of these "modern" claims. Although, it's notable that there are many gays among the J3ws.

Comment

It's easy to say someone was gay after they are dead and can't defend themselves. Hollywood has a knack of twisting history and there is no proof of many of these "modern" claims. Although, it's notable that there are many gays among the J3ws.
                    So you really think that gays and lesbians are part of some kind of big conspiracy?

Comment

Originally posted by Davo88 View Post
                      So you really think that gays and lesbians are part of some kind of big conspiracy?
                      No, more like part of a political agenda.

Comment

Working...
                      X