Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signals

For men and women!

What sort of signals do you send to someone to show them that you are interested. I am curious. What do you women do to show a guy that he should approach you? Guys, what do you do?

Girls, what do you do when the guy is being totally clueless?

Guys, would you go to a girl who didnt show you any visible signs of affection?

When do any of you feel it is right to approach someone?

And for the fun part: How do you handle rejection?

I take rejection as a compliment as them saving me the trouble of having to get to know them.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Me. When I see a woman that I am interested in, I look at her face. If she looks up, I keep eye contact for a few seconds, not stalker style though. If she looks away right away, I figure she is not interested or she is too shy to keep a little 3 second gaze. Either way, if I am feeling it, I approach with something to say. My verbal approach is very custom though. I dont use the same thing over and over. That isnt fun. Most of the time, the people I approach are very receptive, however there have been some that totally not interested in even being in the same place as me. LOL. I am sure every guy has had that experience (if they are the approaching type). Its cool, it happens, and I will admit that I have been rejected. (It is part of being a guy) When that happens, I just brush it off like it never happened, forget about it, and move on. And besides, when you are drunk, you can laugh at it too!

I usually dont care if I get rejected. If I even think about that, I become nervous. I am pretty gung ho about it, and I think girls like the confidence. Its not a confidence really, its more like a "I dont care" type of attitude. Or maybe it is confidence. I dont know, and I dont care. As a guy, I figure "Out of 20 girls, at least one has to think I am some what cute" so I just go for it. Got nothing to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by surferarmo If she looks away right away, I figure she is not interested or she is too shy to keep a little 3 second gaze.
        Ever consider that maybe it was your pro-Bush t-shirt that turned her off?
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse Ever consider that maybe it was your pro-Bush t-shirt that turned her off?
          Ha ha. The like the bad liberatarian boys huh? The ones that want to over throw the govt. and start some anarchal revolution.

Well, if you are straight, you might like "bush" too!

Comment

Seriously though, how does everyone else do this type of thing? I am especially interested in the women's point of view. I just want to know what you do. I am not looking for a critique of what I do. I was just opening up.

Comment

the few second eye contact works for me as well.
              i just love it when it works.
              hehe
              I haven't really made any moves on guys I don't know though,
              so ummm
              I wouldn't know what feeling rejected is like.
              except for that, the beat of the music. lol
              okay this sounds cheesy, this has happened to me 3 times. basically, when you're at a place with loud music, and you're having fun with friends, taking a sip of your redbull vodka or whatever, and you're just feeling that music by sliiightly shaking your head (works best with house/trance music) and then you lock eyes with someone across the room, doing the SAME exact head movement. and then you smile and they smile back, hopefully lol, and then they do that head thing asking u WITHOUT saying a word if u wanna dance...
              i'm sure you know what i'm talkin about.
              I like NO TALK beginnings.
              they're spontaneous and fun.
              and once i'm on the dancefloor, if they ask what i'm doing later, I just walk away!

Comment

odd...odd... creature...

Comment

If there are a few guys together and I'm talking to them with my friends, I'll say something to one guy like, 'hey you look like (fill in the blanks: whatever I feel like he looks like at the moment)', then turn to my guy of choice and say 'and you look like the guy who's going to make my breakfast tomorrow morning'

hahaha just kidding...

I guess if a guy is goes so far as to come up to me if I show him I'm interested by holding his gaze, smiling, whatever, I'm not quick to become disinterested unless a. he sounds REALLY stupid, or b. he uses some xxxxty ass line and looks like he spent a week practicing that in the mirror (I like cute lines, or stupid jokey one's but sometimes guys are all to serious when using these things and they just become annoying). Give me a break.

If a guy is being completely clueless I'll probably just tell him I'm waiting for my boyfriend. That works like a charm...

As for rejection, hm, usually guys like it when girls are gutsy enough to approach them or be totally blunt, so I guess it's not something I'd worry about, if it's some random person I don't know, I wouldn't really care I guess, but if I was into someone who was a friend or someone I liked that would smart, but you get over it, move on, next!
                  The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

yeah I do this a lot but its just me.....I make it sooo obvious when I like someone its not even funny.....I usually stare at the person, or somehow I tell my friends that I like this or that guy, and the next day the guy knows about it.....the first time i did this when I was in HS in 7th grade and I liked a guy in 9th grade, and the 9th grader knew about it somehow the next freakin day...lol
                    its funny, Im not really good at secretly signaling stuff......
                    But I would tell if a guy likes me from his looks at me......there is a difference between the look that my guy friend gives me and the look that someone who likes me does.....so yeah its not that hard for me.....

Comment

Working...
                    X