Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Theories of Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life-A comedy

Guys..heal...everything is comedy...dont be that serious.What a fine comedy this world would be if one did not play a part in it!so LET US ROCK'n ROLL!!
    Nice meeting all of you!
    we have one life to live,Remember that no man loses any other life than this which he now lives, nor lives any other than this which he now loses.
    VerTigO

Comment

like that saying wise

Comment

I don't understand the concept of controlling who you chose to fall in love with. If the statement is true then it is also true that you can condition yourself to fall in love as well. People seem to accept one theory without a consideration and acceptance of the other. Love is indeed an act of harboring ones selfishness by allowing the illusion of altruism . It is the idea of love that we fall in love with, not the person. The reason why you might fall in love or love someone is because in the essence that person makes you feel wonderful about yourself, the feeling that the person gives you, rather than just the need to compromise your interests with an absolute indifference to the self-gain, in which case it isn't love for every human action unconsciously seeks self gratification.

Love is not an empirical matter, it is one formula that cannot be explained or controlled. Our existence revolves around various definitions of love and if one would be able to control love then it would mean that it is no longer a necessity to function in which case it would invalidate our existence.

Comment

Originally posted by anileve I don't understand the concept of controlling who you chose to fall in love with. If the statement is true then it is also true that you can condition yourself to fall in love as well. People seem to accept one theory without a consideration and acceptance of the other. Love is indeed an act of harboring ones selfishness by allowing the illusion of altruism . It is the idea of love that we fall in love with, not the person. The reason why you might fall in love or love someone is because in the essence that person makes you feel wonderful about yourself, the feeling that the person gives you, rather than just the need to compromise your interests with an absolute indifference to the self-gain, in which case it isn't love for every human action unconsciously seeks self gratification.

Love is not an empirical matter, it is one formula that cannot be explained or controlled. Our existence revolves around various definitions of love and if one would be able to control love then it would mean that it is no longer a necessity to function in which case it would invalidate our existence.
          You see I have no dispute with the assertion that love is that which you described. It is indeed not empirical, nor can it mapped. It is intangible, ethereal, and it feels god damn good. Our existence does indeed revolve around forms of love, but I believe the discussion was pertaining to love for another person, i.e. what we commonly refer to as love, or "true love", etc.

With that in mind, the question arises, can it indeed be that what we refer to as 'love', is controllable? Love is unreason, no doubt, hence "love is blind", and hence it is powerful when one adheres to it. But do we simply just fall victim to love or can we control it? Obviously my answer is yes, but you may feel free to disagree, for I only speak of my own experiences.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Actually I was referring to love from every angle. Love is really one concept, but it's severed into different branches. Romantic love is really a platonic love with lust, in every instance of love the formula is the same and an extra element is simply added to make people to believe that it's an entirely different matter.

As for controlling who you fall in love with, perhaps by avoiding the person all together it is possible to achieve, but even in your case I am sure you have come across the situation when the feeling you felt for someone was ethically wrong due to certain factors, yet you couldn't help but feel something beyond your control. As I've said before, if the theory of “love control” you are protruding is possible, than it must be true that you can just as well condition yourself into loving just about anyone, and we both know it isn't so. Love wouldn't be such a mystery and encompass such attachment, emotion and value if we were able to control it. Something we can explain or control loses its essence and becomes a luxury item, in that retrospect we are far from reality, for a human being cannot survive without love, thus it's a necessity we must have to feel complete. Sort of like belief, something we all have but can't always control or explain precisely (especially due to your theory that faith begins where reason ends).

Comment

Originally posted by anileve
              As for controlling who you fall in love with, perhaps by avoiding the person all together it is possible to achieve, but even in your case I am sure you have come across the situation when the feeling you felt for someone was ethically wrong due to certain factors, yet you couldn't help but feel something beyond your control. As I've said before, if the theory of “love control” you are protruding is possible, than it must be true that you can just as well condition yourself into loving just about anyone, and we both know it isn't so.
              I would beg to differ madamme, for you are attempting to do exactly what you argued against in your previous post, to quantify and map love by trying to make an all encompassing definition applicable to all.

I have said repeatedly in my experiences that I have been able to control whom I fall in love with. Is this a surprise? The feelings that might be "beyond my control" are nothing but lust, and yet even that mind can control. It is a matter of self-conditioning of strenghtening thy mind over thy body. The "theory" is not only possible it is in use and in work, and I am not the only one here who agrees with this, but it is entirely possible to use self restraint in whom you fall for. To suggest that somehow this means we can condition ourself to "love anyone" is incorrect and has nothing to do with what I am talking about.

We can fall in love with anyone ( obviously from the pile of humans we are attracted to and have similarities with ), but it is ultimately up to us on whether or not we choose to fall.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Beeing pretend is like beeing baptized in water

Losers are already losers and i donno why they pretend....whatever!!! i enjoy the show!! well,I can repeat myself. Love is when you are faced with another who appreciates, acknowledges and confirms who you are, so in the end, you love yourself around that person. You don't love that person. But maybe this point of view is a little cynical, but bear with me, I try. Also it was mentioned that there are 3 types of love; maternal, romantic and Platonic. Did you know that with the rising of capitalism (industrial society, division of labor, and all things associated with it), came along the growth of romantic love? Many more people started writing in their diaries after WWII, and this proves to be self-reflection. When self-reflection is in the picture, the search for reassurance begins.

I also know that there is a thin line between love and hate. I think you can only possibly HATE someone if you LOVED them. Personally, nobody can hurt my feelings. Nobody can piss me off. The trick is to get someone I love, to do something really stupid and mean, and I'll give 'em hate, easy.

Good luck on your threads
                Love: a powerful chemical, realised at various time's at variable degrees causing various mood's.Thats love
                Attached Files
                VerTigO

Comment

Re: Beeing pretend is like beeing baptized in water

Originally posted by Wise Losers are already losers and i donno why they pretend....whatever!!! i enjoy the show!! well,I can repeat myself. Love is when you are faced with another who appreciates, acknowledges and confirms who you are, so in the end, you love yourself around that person. You don't love that person. But maybe this point of view is a little cynical, but bear with me, I try. Also it was mentioned that there are 3 types of love; maternal, romantic and Platonic. Did you know that with the rising of capitalism (industrial society, division of labor, and all things associated with it), came along the growth of romantic love? Many more people started writing in their diaries after WWII, and this proves to be self-reflection. When self-reflection is in the picture, the search for reassurance begins.

I also know that there is a thin line between love and hate. I think you can only possibly HATE someone if you LOVED them. Personally, nobody can hurt my feelings. Nobody can piss me off. The trick is to get someone I love, to do something really stupid and mean, and I'll give 'em hate, easy.

Good luck on your threads
                  Love: a powerful chemical, realised at various time's at variable degrees causing various mood's.Thats love
                  Such wisdom. Maybe you should write a book?
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

thank you for the declaration and acknowledgement

Thank you dear! i am really proud!
                    VerTigO

Comment

True Love !

True Love

Never underestimate the power of love.
                      This is one of my philosophies that I will always stay true to.
                      I could never change how I thought about this one.
                      I have been underestimated before.
                      I have also underestimated the power of love.
                      That is something I will never ever be able to do again.
                      I almost underestimated it recently.
                      But then I realized if her and I weren’t meant to be it would have been ended already.
                      Trouble is something that is a second sense to me in a relationship.
                      I have had good ones and bad ones.
                      I recently had to look at my life and figure out what kind of relationship I needed.
                      I have seen many different forms of love and feelings.
                      There is teen love, puppy love, fools love, and true love.
                      I am a lucky person in the fact that I have been able to encounter and make through all the different.

Love is something that comes and goes but when you find the right one it seems like forever before you can experiance it

Butterfly--- No matter how times you get mad at your love, REMEMBER, there is always a reason for madness.
                      l
                      loving someone will not always guarantee to be loved back, but it's a guarantee of hapiness for not being afraid to show how you really feel...
                      Jenny-Love just doesn't fade away in one day...

I have a Wise question and i would like to have a good answer not sarcastic one

They say you have two heart's one in ur chest and the other in your stomach....does the one in your stomach get broken to???
                      I am really Mad to have an answer specially from Miss Butterfly
                      Attached Files
                      VerTigO

Comment

Working...
                      X