Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

To impress a woman, a man.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anonymouse
    To me a truly feminine woman renounces power and the ways of the masculine world ( which is characteristic of most women these days, at least the urban pop culture following career minded ones ). A woman in my world will rule by commanding the love of a man and will compliment instead of compete, will submit instead of dominate. That is the way it goes, and I cannot change it. Most modern men are too castrated to admit this since they have developed a sort of a subjugated effeminate role, dominated by the other sex, instead of themselves being the dominant ones.
    I've already touched on what I believe as the virtues of feminity, and that is what I abide by.
    To me, women like this are out of touch with their nature, but that's me, I could be wrong.
    The language you chose to use in these instances suggests to me that you feel there is a problem with society in general having men who submit to the "career woman." These instances suggest you feel that women in general are not as they should be. I suggested that gender roles are defined by relationships, more specifically the successful ones. Yes, you had mentioned that you like a specific type of woman but that does not mean you did not aim beyond your personal preferences.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname
      My wife better never stop criticizing me, and she better take my criticisms as well as I take hers. Of course, complaining gets old fast and she won't last two minutes if she engages in that crap.

I still say confidence is most important. If a girl is insecure, I almost instantly lose respect for her. (By the way, looks and brains are entailed in confidence. She must be confident for a reason.)
      With your ego you need all the criticism you can handle. In my personal opinion, a man is a man that has control and moderation in his life and values and doesn't allow the woman to get to that point where she shall criticize him incessantly, and when that happens you have an inverted relationship. His confidence gives him that masculinity. A man in control is a man sure of himself and knows himself. He is assertive and dominant. I can never marry or have a wife that is domineering or strives for control. I am very black and white old fashioned compared to some of the modern "enlightened" men out there. To me the nature of femininity is maternal. A woman nurtures and gives her husband and children unconditional love. Likewise the essence of a man is paternal direction giver. The sort of "God like figure" that gives purpose and security to his wife and family. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by dusken
        The language you chose to use in these instances suggests to me that you feel there is a problem with society in general having men who submit to the "career woman." These instances suggest you feel that women in general are not as they should be. I suggested that gender roles are defined by relationships, more specifically the successful ones. Yes, you had mentioned that you like a specific type of woman but that does not mean you did not aim beyond your personal preferences.
        I specifically said that was my opinion and I was speaking for myself. I don't see the point.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

I specifically said that was my opinion and I was speaking for myself. I don't see the point.
          Of course it is an opinion. Almost everything we say here is an opinion; that is a given. I was pointing out that you had an opinion about the state of universal gender roles that I disagreed with. That is all.

Comment

...I want to respect but not be disrespected...
            I would like to clarify what I mean by "respect" because what I said can be interepreted two ways. I would like to respect my partner as a human being and not as a woman and I would want to be respected as a human being and not as a man. That is respect beyond gender roles.

Comment

I would like to clarify what I mean by "respect" because what I said can be interepreted two ways. I would like to respect my partner as a human being and not as a woman and I would want to be respected as a human being and not as a man. That is respect beyond gender roles.
              i am a human being...and i want to be respected as a woman...did u get that???

what makes u think that women wants to be respected as human beings....WE ARE WOMEN!!!!
              I'm a monstrous mass of vile, foul & corrupted matter.

Comment

Of course it is an opinion. Almost everything we say here is an opinion; that is a given. I was pointing out that you had an opinion about the state of universal gender roles that I disagreed with. That is all.
                Well if you put it that way, then I'm gonna have to disagree as well. I don't believe "gender roles" are socially constructed. Men and women are different by nature. Each has its own spirit geared and tweaked in its own way, specific to that gender. There is nothing "socially constructed" about gender roles. I was aimlessly banging my head listening to my Marxist Professor on Historical Materialism telling the class how gender roles are "created". In my opinion men are gender specific, and are programmed for mastery of the external physical world, while women belong to the internal spiritual realm and home. Hence a woman yurns to experience power as love and man expresses his love for the female as power. These are not "stereotypes" contrary to how cultural relativists argue. A woman is created as an incubator of love and family and nurture.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by anileve
                  I completely fail to understand the above. Please explain.
                  I'm refering to the mindless search for happiness.

Comment

Well if you put it that way, then I'm gonna have to disagree as well. I don't believe "gender roles" are socially constructed. Men and women are different by nature. Each has its own spirit geared and tweaked in its own way, specific to that gender. There is nothing "socially constructed" about gender roles. I was aimlessly banging my head listening to my Marxist Professor on Historical Materialism telling the class how gender roles are "created". In my opinion men are gender specific, and are programmed for mastery of the external physical world, while women belong to the internal spiritual realm and home. Hence a woman yurns to experience power as love and man expresses his love for the female as power. These are not "stereotypes" contrary to how cultural relativists argue. A woman is created as an incubator of love and family and nurture.
                    I never said there was any conscious designation of roles. I believe roles possess the potential to evolve and change as the environment evolves and changes. That is not necessarily a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by sleuth
                      i am a human being...and i want to be respected as a woman...did u get that???

what makes u think that women wants to be respected as human beings....WE ARE WOMEN!!!!
                      Once again, you fail to understand what I am talking about. Or maybe you did understand and you disagree, in which I ask you to bake me a pie, iron my clothes, and then go into my bedroom and wait for me with your legs open.

Comment

Working...
                      X