Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Need some help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help...

Well ill get started right away with a short and simple explination, and by short and simple i mean exactly that... I met a 19 year old Armenian girl, time passes, we fall in deeply in love, she visits me, my family welcomes her with open arms, and now it is time for me to visit her family.. I know, your wondering well.. what is the problem? Theres a big problem, I am not Armenian... i am an American. Her family knows that i am not Armenian and they dont approve of our relations, but at the same time they arnt against it (well not totally)... they are really strict on preserving the Armenian culture and race and would love to see her in love with an Armenian guy. They consider what her and I have to be a "phase" or a "lesson". In the beginning they were totally against me going to their home but after they saw the endless nights of their daughter crying and days spent on the phone with me, they finally made an exception. Her and I are also 5 hours away, she came and visited me for a week acouple days ago while her parents still had no idea who i was.. so i believe they are letting me stay with them just to know who her daughter will be staying with in the future, maybe to ease their worries. I have been apart from her for only acouple days and already miss her like crazy, and she has been crying everyday shes away from me. So now, this monday, it is time for me to go visit her and her family. All my ideas and views of Armenian people have come from her family, mainly mom and dad, because they are the only older Armenians i know.. they don't support her in much of anything that she does, especially the love that her and I share. I am well aware that not all Armenians are this way, and there are parents this way in every race and culture... but i was just curious if anyone had some help on what i should/could do to get accepted by her family or just to make a good impression...

Please only post comments of support, rather then any others..

William

Do you have a hot sister?

Comment

Frickin' Hogg, always making me spit out my drink.

Look, William, I have no idea what it is that the two of you have shared. I will say, however, that this doesn't strike me as particularly healthy. If the two of you cry after several days of separation, you've got a little more than love going on there. You have pathology. All of this chaos that the relationship has been through must be a strain on both of you, and there will come a time - assuming it hasn't already come - when of you comes to resent the other a bit. When that time does come, I think it's important to realize that neither of you is at fault, and the fact that you have a negative feeling doesn't mean you need to split up right away. Weather the bad times, because it's only when you think you hate each other, then find out you are wrong, that you can be sure you really love each other.

The situation with the parents doesn't sound good, but at least they are giving you a chance. Just be a good guy. Hopefully you already are, because it won't do you much good to pretend. If you genuinely care about their daughter and you are a capable man who has something to add to her life, they should eventually succumb to reason and realize that she has it a lot better than most girls her age, regardless of your ethnicity. If they don't, all I can say is f*ck 'em. My mothers parents took away her car and nearly disowned her for marrying my father, who is not of the same race as her. Still, they got over it and they're still together 25 years later. To be honest, I think she made the wrong decision, leaving a relatively affluent family to marry an unambitious, uneducated plumber, but hey, they love each other. Supposedly that's what counts.

Comment

I think this thread is made up. But it was funny how Loser acted as Dr. KnowItAll.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

They'll get over it.. sooner or later, that is.. I don't know when that would be, and if it would be too late in your situation, as I don't know the parents and hence I don't know the degree to which they are "traditional." Unless you are totally not the type of guy they had in mind (regardless of your ethnicity/nationality), I'm sure they won't stand in the way, and if they do, she can always move in with you after you get married, can't she? Unless you guys wanna live with her parents.

And as racist as this may sound, I hope you're not black. If you are black, then I must say that I sympathize with the parents. If not, then I wish you all the best of luck.

Comment

Yeah, I dont know about crying about being apart for a few days.

Her parents will have to deal with whatever decision she makes. You're with her and if you two ever decide to get married, you'd be marrying her and not her family.
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie
              Yeah, I dont know about crying about being apart for a few days.

Her parents will have to deal with whatever decision she makes. You're with her and if you two ever decide to get married, you'd be marrying her and not her family.
              Do you really believe that Siggie? Do you just marry the guy or do you also "marry" the family also? I was having this discussion with a girl friend of mine Friday night. We pretty much agreed that you're not just marrying the person, you're also "marrying" the family.

Comment

Not if you move to another state and never see the family.

Comment

LOL, if one of the parties (guy or girl) in the whole business is Armenian, that does it...

Comment

Originally posted by Darorinag
                    And as racist as this may sound, I hope you're not black. If you are black, then I must say that I sympathize with the parents. If not, then I wish you all the best of luck.

just when i think i've read it all...omg...this is just too funny..i mean i see what your'e saying..but the lack of finesse and the raw manner of expression is beyond words...thanks dan i needed that laugh ayayayayyyyyyy

Comment

Working...
                    X