Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Prostitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dusken
    "Legal" means it is allowed to be, ass. Stop getting so emotional about it. In order for it to "just be" at this point, it has to be legalized; in other words, permitted by law. It either is permitted or it is not. Holy shyt.
    No you nerfbrain, if it is "legalized" it is going to be nothing more than another tentacle of the State to meddle in to, "Legal" here meaning something that is a statute of the State, not something that "just is".
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymouse
      No you nerfbrain, if it is "legalized" it is going to be nothing more than another tentacle of the State to meddle in to, "Legal" here meaning something that is a statute of the State, not something that "just is".
      And his point was, it can't "be" if it isn't a statue of the State. Becoming a statue of the State is the only way anything can "be". Like it or not, things have to have permission to "be". If the State doesn't have it's bourgeois ways with it, and can't stick it's nose in the profits, they will make sure to not let it "just be".

Comment

• Reasons presented so far that I remember:

1) Prostitution bad because many girls are forced into it.
        2) Prostitution bad because it degrades the prostitute.
        3) Prostitution bad because it destroys marriages.
        4) Prostitution bad because it spreads disease.

My answers to these:

1) Being forced is irrelevant to whether it's legal or not.
        Ok. What is the law? LAW is based on human rights. If we say that we think its wrong to degrade onself and to get so low inlife that you have to sell your body than how will it make things better if we make a law that sais its ok to prostutute onself, isn't that to have dubbel-standards?

If we legalize it will mean more prostitutes.
        Last edited by Tres Bien; 05-08-2004, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• The government has absolutely no business telling any person what he/she can or cannot do with his/her own body. End of story.

Society isn't going to collapse if prostitution is legalized. That is idiotic. Sex can be very special if shared with someone you love. It can also be a cheap thrill with a one-night stand, and in some instances a very expensive thrill with a paid professional. I don't see what right all of you screaming that sex should always be sacred have to enforce that belief on the rest of us that don't feel the same way.

Comment

• Ok but i have in mind those girls who are forced into prostitution hey please read of what is happening in teh world before you say well whyu not legalize. this isnt about the sex in the first place, prostitution today has very large negative impact and consequence for the girls. Rape, aids, and they are forced to become prostututes. with legalizition it we will make it worse for these girls and the number of them would increase beacuse of the prostution industry/buissness will get more benefit and will increase in its buissness.
            Last edited by Tres Bien; 05-08-2004, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• You're reasoning doesn't make any sense. People are forced into illegal industries; they aren't forced into legal ones. No one is forcing girls in Nevada or Holland to prostitute themselves. Before you cry about it, think about why this is happening. The only reason prostitution is so profitable right now is because it is illegal. Did you even read the stat I posted about the cost of illegal drugs vs. the cost of legal drugs? Criminalizing any product lowers supply and increases the cost in terms of risk, driving the prices sky high. If the industry was legal, it would be regulated, and no one could be forced into a regulated industry with public oversight. Furthermore, you would remove much of the danger (basically, it would be no more dangerous than free sex).

Comment

• Originally posted by loseyourname
                You're reasoning doesn't make any sense. People are forced into illegal industries; they aren't forced into legal ones. No one is forcing girls in Nevada or Holland to prostitute themselves. Before you cry about it, think about why this is happening. The only reason prostitution is so profitable right now is because it is illegal. Did you even read the stat I posted about the cost of illegal drugs vs. the cost of legal drugs? Criminalizing any product lowers supply and increases the cost in terms of risk, driving the prices sky high. If the industry was legal, it would be regulated, and no one could be forced into a regulated industry with public oversight. Furthermore, you would remove much of the danger (basically, it would be no more dangerous than free sex).
                That was total non sense. As safe as free sex? Does the averege woman have over a hundred partners? You happen to like the idea of paying for sex, which is why you're arguing this way. Making up ridiculous arugments along the way to get what you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by patlajan
                  That was total non sense. As safe as free sex? Does the averege woman have over a hundred partners? You happen to like the idea of paying for sex, which is why you're arguing this way. Making up ridiculous arugments along the way to get what you want.
                  When the industry is regulated and testing is regular, it is safer than free sex. Again, look no further than Nevada and Holland. Neither has any issue with disease. I'm not making up anything, and I would never pay for sex. I try my best to pay for nothing. Danger isn't the issue here, anyway. You have almost a 100% chance of contracting a terminal disease from smoking, yet we don't outlaw cigarettes. The government has no right to tell people what risks they can or cannot take.

Comment

• By the way: Total nonsense? Do you have any knowledge whatsoever about the operation of free markets? I thought you had a degree in business.

Comment

• Originally posted by loseyourname
                      No one is forcing girls in Nevada or Holland to prostitute themselves.
                      Don't know about Nevada, but I know that illegal prostitution is widespread in Holland. International networks that lure girls into the illegal European market also have roots in Holland. Also pimps who lure girls and force them into legal or illegal prostitution are still very common. The difference lies in the fact that there is a much easier way out for the legal prostitute. From that perspective, legalization only benefits legal prostitutes. But I think that this is better than nothing. Prostitutes will exist whether we like it or not. And if they are going to exist, we might as well ensure their rights in the same way that we ensure the rights of the "regular" citizens.

Comment

Working...
                      X