Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Indigenous Armenian Culture

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Indigenous Armenian Culture

To obi - this thread is supposed to be about my problem. Please stop fighting, please. It does not matter who started the fight. But if you must continue arguing, please go back to your thread or make a new one. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Marina
      ok. so in other words...an Armenian guy when he's still young (18-26 years) is supposed to be having fun a lot...i.e. fooling around. But as soon as he hits, lets say, 26, his parents will make sure that he will do his best to get into a relationship with an 100% Armenian girl and then eventually marry her. Even if he does not love that girl, he will make the "arrenged marriage" work. They'll have kids...and I believe that's when he starts going to strip clubs and having girlfriends on the side.

Am I correct? Maybe I'm wrong, but this is what I see happening if you don't marry the one that you LOVE.
      Here's how it works:

Ideally, the girl I take home would be Armenian, nice, sweet, able to raise kids, educated, good morals, etc etc, but at the end of the day, all an Armenian parent wants is for their child to have a happy, stress free life (filled with grandchildren), and they will not force a potentially disfunctional relationship just because the girl is Armenian.

If I take home an Armenian girl who my parents sense is not kind hearted and is not devoted to me, they will disapprove. If I take home a non-Armenian who is obviously devoted to me, sweet, good morals, etc etc., then they will welcome her with open arms.

Family is very important to Armenians, and with the high divorce rates in America, added with differing cultures, you can't really blaim the parents for wanting a girl as close to the 'ideal' girl for their son.

Preserving the bloodline is definitely important, but comes second to being happy and in love (personal experience with almost all Armenian families I know including my own). After all, we're all just humans making most of the hands we're dealt with.

Comment

Originally posted by ddd
        Here's how it works:

Ideally, the girl I take home would be Armenian, nice, sweet, able to raise kids, educated, good morals, etc etc, but at the end of the day, all an Armenian parent wants is for their child to have a happy, stress free life (filled with grandchildren), and they will not force a potentially disfunctional relationship just because the girl is Armenian.

If I take home an Armenian girl who my parents sense is not kind hearted and is not devoted to me, they will disapprove. If I take home a non-Armenian who is obviously devoted to me, sweet, good morals, etc etc., then they will welcome her with open arms.

Family is very important to Armenians, and with the high divorce rates in America, added with differing cultures, you can't really blaim the parents for wanting a girl as close to the 'ideal' girl for their son.

Preserving the bloodline is definitely important, but comes second to being happy and in love (personal experience with almost all Armenian families I know including my own). After all, we're all just humans making most of the hands we're dealt with.
        Thank you for the advice. I don't know if you've been reading all my posts, but I'm currently seeing an Armenian guy. He is very kind-hearted and caring. I know his father well, but have never met his mother. His father is nice, but I know that his mother is opposed to him dating a non-Armenian girl. Which I can or have to accept. I will continue seeing him and following my instincts and my heart. Again, thanks for the advice.

Comment

You have nothing to worry about, if it was meant to be, it'll be. Just be yourself......and let it be.

That wasn't intentional..

Comment

Originally posted by ddd
            I am, sometimes, for fun.

A little bit of advice, if you're young, take things lightly, and enjoy life
            Hey you,

I am enjoying life! I just wanna enjoy life with the right person who knows how to treat me right. But I do know what you meant by "enjoy life".

Oh, and I also wanted to keep you up to date about me and my guy. I saw him 2 days ago. We had dinner and afterwards we went to the movies. I told you that I've know his father for about as long as I've known him. Well, his father knows that I'm currently dating his son and he doesn't seem to mind. Yesterday, I wanted to verify if it was ok with him if I continued seeing his son. He said yes. Just to avoid confusion.....I work for my friend's father. I like working with him. He treats me like a friend and always with respect. I really appreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by ddd
              You have nothing to worry about, if it was meant to be, it'll be. Just be yourself......and let it be.

That wasn't intentional..
              True in most perspectives however fate does have alot to do and sometimes you just have to get in there and give it a hand.

Comment

Originally posted by sad_eyes
                True in most perspectives however fate does have alot to do and sometimes you just have to get in there and give it a hand.
                Or you create your own fate, believe it, and follow it

Comment

Hey ddd,

Did you notice my last post to you?

Hope you'll have a great weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Marina
                    Hey ddd,

Did you notice my last post to you?

Hope you'll have a great weekend.
                    I did, I hope it all works out.

And thanks, hope you have a good one too

Comment

Originally posted by ddd
                      Or you create your own fate, believe it, and follow it

I dont believe that is necessarily correct. Some aspects of that theory appear to be true in nature but I believe that we are all destined for something.

Comment

Working...
                      X