Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Indigenous Armenian Culture

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Indigenous Armenian Culture

You're a WINNER!

Comment

Originally posted by Marina
      Quarteria, I never meant to offend you by asking if a full-Armenian or an American-Armenian could answer my question or give me advice. You gave me your pice of mind regardless. Thank you. Every little pice of advice people on this board have given me is helpful. I keep thinking about him because sometimes you just don't wanna perceive the obvious facts, especially when your emotions come into play. I think that's only human. You were right when you said that he would have called me if he was sure about our relationship and its outcome.
      Marina: My girl lived in Armenia, Yerevan. She was a successful business girl... Not so common in Armenia. If you look at my profile and read messages posted by me from around 2 years back you will see I asked all the same things. All here, on these forums, doubted we could ever have anything more than an internet relationship.

I have still not visited Armenia, but in Prague we met and fell madly in love. She came to the uk on holiday in July then returned on business in september. If you click the image link below you will see a picture of our baby girl, Ellie-Jean. She is the most beautiful creature ever to grace our planet. Born 10 days ago.

Now, after hostility at first, her family cannot wait to meet me. Go with your heart, as we did.

Good luck.x.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Obi,

How's the weather in england? not too cold, I hope. Thanks for your encouraging words! Congratulations on the little one. Adorable!

Comment

Marina, so glad to see you're back! What's the latest if it's not to personal a question?

Comment

Not at all!!! I thought you'd never ask, Quarteria. Me and my guy hung out last thursday. Needless to say that he did call me back after a week. He had a very good excuse and we do live kinda far away from each other. So yeah, we did hang out and it was wonderful. We're gonna hang out again this coming tuesday.

Many on this board suggested that I'd talk to him about our situation so I did. I told him all about my apprehensions and he hold me not to worry. He said he was a U.S. citizen not an Armenian citizen and that he was free to do anything he wanted with his life - it's his life, not his parents'. He told me this after I said that he'd probably honor his parents by marrying an armenian girl. He also said that he would never marry anyone he does not love and doesn't speak proper english. If his parents don't approve of his way of life, he will move out. He didn't sound too rebellious when he was saying all this, therefore, I think there is no reason for me to not believe him. After all, he is American and has long assimilated into the American culture.

Again, Quarteria, thanks for asking!

Comment

Originally posted by Marina
              Hello Obi,

How's the weather in england? not too cold, I hope. Thanks for your encouraging words! Congratulations on the little one. Adorable!

Why is it whenever I speak to ANYONE outside of the uk they ask about the weather being cold... or raining...

As it happens, it is rather cold today, and raining. However... They do say by thurday it might make the eighties... Fingers crossed...

I am glad you had a nice time with this person Marina. And don't forget to keep us posted...

Right... Baby is crying again.. ...but she is so beautiful.

Comment

I think obi is lying. He's probably one of those internet freaks.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

You thai now.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse

And i am of the belief that you are letting your new found forum powers go to your head.

Would you like to confirm my childs weight, place of birth, d-o-b...etc with English authorities???

Or was it something else you are accusing me of lying about??? If my country was in need of me, i would stand by it... Stay... How do you interperet that?

I am 37.... Please, for the records sake how old are you. You wish to accuse without the slightest foundation.
                    If you wish i can give you an English phone number now... ring us... Talk to my partner-in Armenian... Feel as stupid as you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                      BTW... The number sequence in your sig... What does it mean to you...? A code? What is the significance of it in your mind? An atrocity re: 108 or a stupid Lost tv show?

Comment

Working...
                      X