Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia vs. Turkey Soccer September 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenia vs. Turkey Soccer September 6th

The National side has made some great strides under the last two coaches but they still have a long way to go. They are still not as fit as they should be and lack a offense punch {although they are not as defense oriented as they were a few years ago}. They still lack dynamic goal scorers and players that can be counted on up front. I think one of the reasons that the are still not playing at a higher level is that the domestic league is awfully weak. If the domestic league were stronger, it would attract more interest from well-know/competitive foreign clubs that might be willing to sign young Armenian players where in turn they could gain valuable experience on an exponentially higher level. This is going to take some more time, lots of money, as well as stability within the association; a tall order but not impossible. We've seen countries of comparable size {but often with much more pedigree and soccer/football tradition} perform well on the world stage such as Uruguay, Latvia, and Slovenia to name a few. The current coach has been doing a good job and they have played some great matches in the last couple of years against some very tough national sides.

Comment

Armenia got pwnt tonight
      Anyway I knew my country would win so it was no big surprise.
      There wasn't much of an atmosphere in the match, it was rather cold and lifeless but well, we won
      See ya in Istanbul.

Comment

Originally posted by Vigilante View Post
        Well, Armenia just lost.

2-0.

Why the xxxx would we even let them be in our soil? Do they even allow us to be on theirs?
        Yes. This sport, not a war. As much as Turks and Armenians may trade insults and/or cheer their teams on, the match is not so much country versus country, but 22 players who are focused on competing and winning. It sucks to lose but it also shows the Armenian teams weakness and what they must do to get better. They have a good future.

All nationalism, anger, hatred and enmity aside, Turks and Armenians should be able to compete against each other in sport as human beings. If India and Pakistan can do it, and Ireland and England, etc. So can we. We'll win some and we'll lose some but we need to show Armenia/Armenians are good sportsmen as well as competitive.

Comment

Let us also remember, some Turks as we have already seen may want to take the low road for various reasons and post insults. So be it.

Some things to consider:

Let us remind them that Armenia is country of 3MM and Turkey 70MM thus Turkey has a larger fan base thus larger revenues to support a domestic league as well as having a larger talent pool for players to choose from and certainly more experience at this level.

Armenia is still trying to build its domestic league and Armenian football is still developing. Despite the most recent setback and their current struggles they have and they are getting more competitive in recent years and things are starting to catch on.

Comment

The result was clear and there is no surprise.

I agree that match is not a war and especially I would like to congratulate all the players due to their gentlemen behaviors. I think that current match changed the climate a little well.For example, It is really strange that Terim smiled too much since his arrival to Armenia.We usually remember him with an angry face.

Also Turkish TV channels and newspapers made good news regarding Armenia and Armenians. We watched and read lots of nice interviews about people and city.

Hope that It will continue in the future and lift the prejudices step by step.

Comment

We should not be afraid of approaching Ankara with an open mind. There has been a serious/major geopolitical shift in the region and we as a nation need to adjust to it, lest we end up last in the line again. Had the recent warming in relations between Yerevan and Ankara been attempted before the recent crisis in the region, I would have been totally against it for reasons that I have previously outlined. The recent developments between Ankara and Yerevan would not have occurred had there not been a major crisis between the West and the Russian Federation and had Moscow not been able to crush the West's political agenda in Georgia. Let's make no mistake about it, this is the dawning of a new era in regional politics. As a result, Ankara is finally realizing that it needs better relations with Yerevan despite strong complaints from Turkish nationalists and Baku. Yerevan is also realizing that it has to at least be open to Ankara and seriously discuss issues at hand. None of this means that all issues are solved and there are no problems anymore. This is just an initial, or preliminary, trial stage. Moreover, and more importantly, none of this means that our Hai Dat or the status of Nagorno Karabagh will have to be compromised. There is no talk about abandoning Armenian Genocide recognition and there is no talk about pulling out of Nagorno Karabagh, and there won't be. I want to mention here that the Hai Dat, in particular, needs to be looked upon by all Armenians as a 'political tool' which we can use to the benefit of the Armenian Republic. Nonetheless, we need to better understand ourselves (better understand Armenia's strengths and weaknesses) as much as we need to better understand the enemy. Let's never underestimate the enemy and overestimate ourselves. Doing so, as we have experienced in the past, is suicidal. For small fledgling nations like us, there is a time to fight and there is a time to back down from a fight. We need to pick our fights in wisely. These are very complicated times in politics. We need to approach these matters in an unemotional manner, in a pragmatic manner and with Armenia's future in mind. I personally had a hard time watching the Turkish national anthem being sung in Yerevan, not to mention losing the game to them, but in the big geopolitical picture I am willing to swallow my pride (for Armenia's sake) and hope that our politicians in Yerevan don't screw this one up in the longterm.
              Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                We should not be afraid of ... and hope that our politicians in Yerevan don't screw this one up in the longterm.
                Hmmm you sure changed a lot since I left the forum, "Armenian". This is surprising, coming from you. So what happened to your beloved Russia?

Comment

No need to add same post second time. Nationalism started to work again.

Hey everybody listen to great nationalist and big patriot’s words. He shows the best way for you !?

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                  We should not be afraid of approaching Ankara with an open mind. There has been a serious/major geopolitical shift in the region and we as a nation need to adjust to it, lest we end up last in the line again. Had the recent warming in relations between Yerevan and Ankara been attempted before the recent crisis in the region, I would have been totally against it for reasons that I have previously outlined. The recent developments between Ankara and Yerevan would not have occurred had there not been a major crisis between the West and the Russian Federation and had Moscow not been able to crush the West's political agenda in Georgia. Let's make no mistake about it, this is the dawning of a new era in regional politics. As a result, Ankara is finally realizing that it needs better relations with Yerevan despite strong complaints from Turkish nationalists and Baku. Yerevan is also realizing that it has to at least be open to Ankara and seriously discuss issues at hand. None of this means that all issues are solved and there are no problems anymore. This is just an initial, or preliminary, trial stage. Moreover, and more importantly, none of this means that our Hai Dat or the status of Nagorno Karabagh will have to be compromised. There is no talk about abandoning Armenian Genocide recognition and there is no talk about pulling out of Nagorno Karabagh, and there won't be. I want to mention here that the Hai Dat, in particular, needs to be looked upon by all Armenians as a 'political tool' which we can use to the benefit of the Armenian Republic. Nonetheless, we need to better understand ourselves (better understand Armenia's strengths and weaknesses) as much as we need to better understand the enemy. Let's never underestimate the enemy and overestimate ourselves. Doing so, as we have experienced in the past, is suicidal. For small fledgling nations like us, there is a time to fight and there is a time to back down from a fight. We need to pick our fights in wisely. These are very complicated times in politics. We need to approach these matters in an unemotional manner, in a pragmatic manner and with Armenia's future in mind. I personally had a hard time watching the Turkish national anthem being sung in Yerevan, not to mention losing the game to them, but in the big geopolitical picture I am willing to swallow my pride (for Armenia's sake) and hope that our politicians in Yerevan don't screw this one up in the longterm.

Comment

Originally posted by Deniz2 View Post
                    Hmmm you sure changed a lot since I left the forum, "Armenian". This is surprising, coming from you. So what happened to your beloved Russia?
                    What happened to Russia? I would say they have shown they are not backing down, their power is growing, and they are no longer playing games with anyone. They control the chessboard. Essentially Russia have sent the message to the world that they will have final say in the region and what they consider their "near abroad" and actions that Russia views as attacking their interests will result in consequences. It does not matter who is for or against it, the message has been sent and the EU, NATO, US, etc. is not really in the position to do anything about it. Turkey might be able to take solace in the fact that the Neo-cons are on their way out in Washington.

If you were inferring that Armenian or any of us have changed or view vis-a-vis Russia, I think you are mistaken. We are pro-Russian.
                    Last edited by RSNATION; 09-06-2008, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deniz2 View Post
                      Did I see or hear wrong or it was your president who lately was and still is kissing Russia’s behind?

Comment

Working...
                      X