Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Improving the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving the Forum

It seems that lately the forum has not been very strong. Not only from the lack of activity, but also quality of content, after all the majority of posts it seems like have been regarding "Armenians being white" or Kim Kardashian, and God knows what else...

I feel first, the forum has to many sections given the amount of activity, and sections should be combined into one page (rather than 3). It seems the mods have been doing a good job by taking care of the trolls and spammers, keep it up as they infiltrate this forum often...

I hope we can restore this forum to a more intellectual one stage, like it used to be with Armenian, where the majority of content will be debate regarding Armenian or International politics and events rather than then BS threads. Maybe the more experienced posters can have some sort of distinction, maybe even their own section for debate?

In all, given the activity and position of this forum, I feel it would be better if it was made more compact and comprehensive. Stupid threads also in the process being limited. These are just some of my ideas, feel free to pitch in; I believe this forum has a lot of potential and believe we should all strengthen it. It's one of the two only Armenian forums, the other being akumb.am....
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Re: Improving the Forum

I agree. The Kim Kardashian, and Armenian White-type crap should be placed in another section called "Time Killing" or "Humerous" sections, or something along those lines. "General Armenian Talk" should be serious general Armenian stuff. I don't give a xxxx about Kardashian, and you're 100% right about it being stupid.

Although, I'm relatively new to the forum, and I don't really know how it was before.

Comment

Threads that debate the obvious such as "whether Armenians are white or not" or
      "Musegh Mamikonian was Chinese or not" should not be debatable issues
      no more than whether Armenian Genocide was real or not.
      They are only meant to denigrate Armenian Nation.

Equally important issue (for this forum it seems) as to whether Kardashian
      has a hairy ars.e or not should be discussed by those who have first hand experience in the matter.

Thankfully I do not qualify.
      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post

has a hairy ars.e or not should be discussed by those who have first hand experience in the matter.

Agree.
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

so anybody believe we should make the forum smaller and more compact: not have so many sections...?
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
            so anybody believe we should make the forum smaller and more compact: not have so many sections...?
            Mos thats completley up to the Admins.
            Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

I think alot of it also has to do with you, the posters. Many posters post different things in different forums. If posters do not respect the integrity of the forums then it cannot be expected the forum quality will improve. For example, there are often threads relating to Armenian politics, news or history that do not belong in "General Armenian Talk." The latter section is for silly threads, such as "What are some Armenian names you like to name your kids." Posters themselves often do not distinguish between the sub-forum categories to maintain the topical nature of the forum.

It seems that alot of the "historical" topics border on the genocide issue, and that is posted almost everywhere. Are we dealing with the historiography of the genocide itself or the genocide in contemporary news media and controversy? Which is it? Are they separate so that the news of some contemporary issue relating to the genocide goes in 'Armenian News' or does it go in the genocide section?

Also, if the Genocide forum is relegated only to the genocide, not much else seems to be discussed about Armenian history. It seems Armenians' obsession runs with the genocide and suddenly the rest of the 95% of Armenian history falls by the wayside. Which shall it be folks? Let's put things into perspective.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post

I am aghast and apaulled. What is the world coming to.

An Armenian forum is not a true Armenian forum without these topics occurring both regularly and prominently.

Hitler and what he said (or didn't say) about the Armenian Genocide
                Are Armenians white / European?
                Were the Mamikonians Chinese?
                Why do Armenian women like black men?
                Hair (in the wrong places) and noses (in the right place but too big).

Similarly, the long and noble tradition of issuing accusations of "denigrating the Armenian Nation" and of "being a Turk" should never be abandoned.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Time to ban anyone who dares to post anything about Kardashian.

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
                    Mos thats completley up to the Admins.
                    so who has the power to make such changes in the forum? Maybe all the active users should decide on a way to reform this forum. With the growing inactivity and lack of quality in discussions, I believe this is what we need.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---

Comment

Working...
                    X