Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and Dagestan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenia and Dagestan

I see. Well, maybe it makes sense then.

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
      U fail chechens never lived in armenian regions,empires are not build in 1 night,urartu is part of armenian culture, or assyrian but pls dont take it so far,there is no link to the chechens,can u tell me the real name of the chechens cause as far i know is russian word to describe them.
      What ever u like to say armenia is the only successor of Urartu,no other civilization is linked to it,u maid it up with ur chechen history.
      Chechens if they lived in the area would be probably isolated in the mountains.
      Who are you to tell me if I fail or pass? Let's be respectful towards each other, alright? I don't like this arguing, as it seem to me that none of us will prove anything to each other. I will try make this my last message. I am not here to argue after all.

Anyways. I see what you are saying too. It isn't good to mix history with "myths", but some of those myths is what Armenian history teaches us. For example that Armenians, Georgians, Chechens, some Dagestanie tribes and several other Caucasian people used to be one nation that later separated. Sorry if you don't like it, but that's what Armenian, as well as Georgian historians say. Who do I believe if not them?

Urartu was never fully Armenian you like it or not. Urartu is a union of several big nations, with many different tribes united. They even spoke different languages. What makes you so sure that, let's say, wainakh people were not one of the people of Urartu if they/Armenian/Georgian historians say they were?

My source? Yes, I have the source. No, I most likely can't give it to you =). Reason is I've been reading on history and saving lots of links to have sources, but I got lost with so many of them. If you really want it, I can try digging for them. If not then take my word for it, or don't take it...
      Last edited by ervand; 08-09-2009, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks,so Ingush and Chechens are related,i wonder in caucasus all of these people what consider each other as allies friends,a map will be helpful to be created.I know that Armenians are welcome in Ossetia Abxazia,Sotchie.
        That would be a very confusing map. For the most part most of the population are Muslim and consider each other allies, but all those nations have little problems with each other. You'll see many Chechens and Ingush say that they are brothers, and then you'll see many Chechens and Ingushs are having issues and fights with each other.

Out of all nations that are Muslim. I would say Dagestanies are mainly most friendly towards Armenians. That's why I created this topic.

Comment

I never said that we are the only descendents of Urartu just that we are the only 1 today that can claim them as our part.
          Use the myth as propaganda maybe that is the work of it,even a mistake of a historian,no other source indicates that,i believe DNA test guaranty that.

Even if they had a connection with us it is lost and corrupted due the natural development of there history,if there is a people that can say that we are part of urature is only Armenia cause we are more culturally related than others of the region,even the assyrians are more related to urartu than georgians wich they were totaly different.
          If we as people of nairi are awakened 3000 bc making 1 nation called Armenia,the Georgia did that allot of time later.they even don't have borders with urartu(with so many mini states in georgia is hard even to say that they had real borders with urartu).

Comment

I never said that we are the only descendents of Urartu just that we are the only 1 today that can claim them as our part.
            Don't get me wrong. I never said that someone else can claim them as their part! I just said that those people once been there, but then they migrated to Caucasus and as far as I know it took them several migration to completely move to Caucasus. Where Adygha people already lived.

i believe DNA test guaranty that.
            I am not really sure what you said about DNA test. Can you explain?

Even if they had a connection with us it is lost and corrupted due the natural development of there history
            Ofcource, I am not trying to make them closer to us then they are. It's been 45 centuries since people separated. We do have lots of similar traditions and some similarities here and there. As well as some genetically simulations, but they are not really close to us and I never said they were.

if there is a people that can say that we are part of urature is only Armenia cause we are more culturally related than others of the region
            True. And also Armenian language has some ties to the Urartian language. By the way, I was searching for what % of words is realated to known Urartian words and here is something interesting that I found. It fits well to what was discussed between us above.....

Currently, the number of known Urartian cuneiform inscriptions is more than 1000. They contain around 350-400 words, most of which are Urartian, while some are loan words from other languages. The greatest number of foreign loan words in Urartuan language is from Armenian—around 70 word-roots. [25] The greatest number of common words with Urartean is in Nakh-Daghestan langugae group (169 word-roots)
            Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urartu#cite_note-25
            If you decide to where from it came to Wikipedia you will find a pdf that talks about Huritto and Urartian languages, but it's in Russian.

Comment

Ervan stop with this Caucasian brother hood BS. Go and look at the borders of Nari and you will see that the borders of the Kingdom never reached the Norther Caucasus where Daghestani and Georgians lived. The Georgians didn't exist as people then, they were from different tribes liven much more to the north than now.

I don't know what you are trying to do here using Noah ad other myths as history to prove that us and the other people of the Caucasus are related. Because for the most part we aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                Ervan stop with this Caucasian brother hood BS. Go and look at the borders of Nari and you will see that the borders of the Kingdom never reached the Norther Caucasus where Daghestani and Georgians lived. The Georgians didn't exist as people then, they were from different tribes liven much more to the north than now.

I don't know what you are trying to do here using Noah ad other myths as history to prove that us and the other people of the Caucasus are related. Because for the most part we aren't.
                Just to correct you, Georgia are not Northern Caucasus but South.

It is defined by the Big Caucasus range, wich even puts parts of Azerbaijan into Northern Caucasus.

Comment

Originally posted by Aslanov View Post
                  Just to correct you, Georgia are not Northern Caucasus but South.

It is defined by the Big Caucasus range, wich even puts parts of Azerbaijan into Northern Caucasus.

Back then it was a little different than it is today

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post

What I am trying to do here is trying to see how we and Dagestanies gotten some similarities in our culture, since usually other N. Caucasians are very different. Brotherhood wasn't really my intent. Though I do think we are related and I don't want to talk about it with you as none of us will prove anything to each other.

Comment

Ervand im sorry from my behalf if i angry u,i really enjoy the debate and the different opinions we got in here,from them we can find the right path and understanding.

Lets move on and stick to the thread

My question is.
                      Are we the most ancient and rich in culture in the region,that managed to survive wile others got changed or destroyed.
                      I can't really find similarity with them in any way beside our soviet time.They are Muslims.
                      But i think u like to trace there's history and maybe find some roots leading to us.

Comment

Working...
                      X