Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian "terrorism"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenian "terrorism"

In the 1970s and 1980s, ASALA and JCAG (and its offshoot ARA) committed a number of activities against Turkish embassies or other targets around the world. Their goal was to make Turkey recognize the Armenian genocide and pay reparations. Do you think that it was a good idea back then to resort to terrorism in order to expose the Armenian cause to the world?

I show you here a clip of what had happened in the Turkish embassy in Ottawa in 1985.
    CBC archives - Canada's home for news, sports, lifestyle, comedy, arts, kids, music, original series & more.

Re: Armenian "terrorism"

I would describe them as visionaries. People with faith and courage way above the average, risking everything against all odds.

As for being called a terrorist, I have heard people calling us terrorists during 24th April march, in London.

Your friends will sympathize, your enemies will ostracize.
    Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
    Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
    Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by Homshetsi
      Do you think this is good idea??? this is humanity ??? I dont think so.... this is wildly,wrongful conduct ,unhumanity.....Turkish diplomats and their families what was the crime?

This act like Enver Pasha(according to you ) and this cannot indefensible ! you cant certain prove Armenian Genocide ..! I hope you will leave imperialism's slave and see a trues..!!!
      Diplomats were denying the killing of our people and they weren't innocent people. There is only one act I don't support that ASALA has committed and that's the act that ended the group.

And what about the state terror that Turkey till this day is committing against our people. I think it was two days ago Turkish Police men not allowing children to pray at Aghtamar.

You are an Armenian that follows Islam, how much faster you guys realize this how much better it will be for the rest of us.

Comment

I disagree with the killing of innocent civilians, but every politican today in Turkey is responsible for the Armenian genocide and it's denial, which is just as bad as genocide itself. The 20th century was different and especially those periods... these were brave heroes who we have to be thankful a lot!

Comment

Do you think this is good idea??? this is humanity ??? I dont think so.... this is wildly,wrongful conduct ,unhumanity.....Turkish diplomats and their families what was the crime?

This act like Enver Pasha(according to you ) and this cannot indefensible ! you cant certain prove Armenian Genocide ..! I hope you will leave imperialism's slave and see a trues..!!!

Is this humanity? I don't think so.

Comment

One persons terrorist is another persons freedom fighter although at that time I believe more Armenians would have moved to a place called western Armenia and today the numbers would be much less.
            What would have happen if there was a western Armenia during the time of a Soviet Armenia

Comment

So lame. Was that the best you could come up with?

Next!

Comment

These people were brave heroes because they dedicated their lives for the Armenian cause and in many cases, they paid dearly. Their acts were clearly a result of Turkey's non-conciliatory approach on the Armenian genocide issue.

Comment

I agree that it was wrong. Some Turks probably entered the diplomatic corps because it was a good job with travel prospects, not because they wanted to deny the Armenian genocide. The Turkish government denied (and still denies) the Armenian genocide. The correct answer to that was, and is, campaigning and lobbying. Terrorism also put thousands of Armenians in Turkey in difficulty even at risk. Did the people who sent young men to shoot (and sometimes to die) wish to be in the position of the Armenians in Turkey? Did they care about them?

US Congressmen and other foreign lawmakers, if anything, got a negative image about Armenians through terrorism. I can't see how it benefitted Armenians

Comment

Originally posted by lampron View Post
                    I agree that it was wrong. Some Turks probably entered the diplomatic corps because it was a good job with travel prospects, not because they wanted to deny the Armenian genocide. The Turkish government denied (and still denies) the Armenian genocide. The correct answer to that was, and is, campaigning and lobbying. Terrorism also put thousands of Armenians in Turkey in difficulty even at risk. Did the people who sent young men to shoot (and sometimes to die) wish to be in the position of the Armenians in Turkey? Did they care about them?

US Congressmen and other foreign lawmakers, if anything, got a negative image about Armenians through terrorism. I can't see how it benefitted Armenians
                    It was a successful attempt in awakening the world up to those events while Armenians were still shellshock with no representation or a country. Once innocent people were killed by accident Armenian people no longer supported those activities and it eventually collapsed. Those Diplomats were working directly in whitewashing the AG within other countries political systems per Ankara’s orders.

As far as I know Turkish government is the only one that has labeled ASALA as a terrorist organization.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                    X