Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Obama and the normalization of Armenia's relations with Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obama and the normalization of Armenia's relations with Turkey

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
    The first article KanadaHye posted sounds like bs. Neither Armenia nor Russia would allow turkish troops to enter Armenia under any pretenses, that is just absurd. I see some folks are trying to come up with new angles to attack the protocols since most of what they have been saying is unsubstantiated.
    I didn't find any statement insinuating that either, however if the two countries were to work together to combat "terrorism", I could see it happening.

The full text of the protocols can be read here:
    http://news.am/en/news/6260.html

A lot of emotion with no substance to the claims. Accusations should be proven.
    You know what they say.... time will tell
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      I didn't find any statement insinuating that either, however if the two countries were to work together to combat "terrorism", I could see it happening.

The full text of the protocols can be read here:
      http://news.am/en/news/6260.html
      I don't put much into what could happen under the pretenses of terrorism. In that case Armenia could go into turkey as well, but it is not likely. I just see this as another tactic to discredit the protocols but what it's really doing is showing the emptiness of some of the arguments presented against the protocols. I don't disagree that the protocols do hold some negatives for Armenia, yet I am trying to look at the bigger picture to see what is the goal of all this and so far it seems to be much bigger than just Armeno-turkish relations.
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

90% of the crap in this forum lately is "A lot of emotion with no substance to the claims. Accusations should be proven." Its getting boring as all hell in here lately.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
          90% of the crap in this forum lately is "A lot of emotion with no substance to the claims. Accusations should be proven." Its getting boring as all hell in here lately.
          Some will be eating crow... the question is who will that be.
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I don't put much into what could happen under the pretenses of terrorism. In that case Armenia could go into turkey as well, but it is not likely. I just see this as another tactic to discredit the protocols but what it's really doing is showing the emptiness of some of the arguments presented against the protocols. I don't disagree that the protocols do hold some negatives for Armenia, yet I am trying to look at the bigger picture to see what is the goal of all this and so far it seems to be much bigger than just Armeno-turkish relations.
            Some negatives for Armenia? Is that all Armanen? Do me a favor and re-read the protocols again and again please. See if those negativities don't add up to be a total hazard for our lands, for Artsakh's future, for our survival and of course for the Genocide recognition. We are dealing here with a mortal denialist government. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
              If it's getting boring Haykakan then perhaps you could go to another thread and entertain yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
                Some negatives for Armenia? Is that all Armanen? Do me a favor and re-read the protocols again and again please. See if those negativities don't add up to be a total hazard for our lands, for Artsakh's future, for our survival and of course for the Genocide recognition. We are dealing here with a mortal denialist government. Please.

Anoush jan, I pointed something out earlier. We have all these legal documents that we could use in our fight against turkey. We have had almost 20 years to do so, why haven't we? The Diaspora is so concerned about Genocide recognition, especially in the u.s., so I ask why didn't some of the money spent on getting the idiot in the whitehouse to say the word 'Genocide', not go toward bringing an international lawsuit against turkey?

Why aren't Armenians outraged about official Yerevan not suing turkey for the illegal blockade, not to mention the Sevres Treaty? Why is everyone bit*hing now when the status quo is likely to change and could actually put Armenia in a better position?

People like Ara Papyan and Hellektor were saying for years that Armenia should take turkey to court, but no one listened to them, now people are taking them seriously when it may be too late.
                For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

ARMENIA MAY BECOME ALTERNATIVE TRANSIT ENERGY ROUTE BETWEEN CASPIAN BASIN AND EUROPE

PanARMENIAN.Net
                  19.10.2009 19:06 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ As Europe now seeks to build new pipelines from the
                  Caspian, energy executives' eyes are turning to Armenia as a possible
                  alternative to more pipelines through Azerbaijan and Georgia, says an
                  article published in The Huffington Post. A pipeline across Armenia
                  to Europe would be much shorter (and hence cheaper) than existing
                  or prospective routes through Azerbaijan and Georgia. Since Armenia
                  also has better relations with Moscow, a pipeline across Armenia would
                  face less political risk. The EU and its US allies thus have a strong
                  geopolitical interest in a deal," author of the article believes.

"Despite these opportunities, Russia has more often been an obstacle
                  than a facilitator of reconciliation in the region. It remains
                  skeptical of Turkey's attempt to become a regional energy hub,
                  loathes the government of Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili,
                  and has long benefited from instability that prevents the US and EU
                  from building new pipelines," publication goes on saying.

At the end of article, the author refers to Obama Administration's
                  patient attitude, particularly, he states, "Obama's patient outreach to
                  Moscow, coupled with Secretary Clinton's intensive mediation between
                  the Turks and Armenians, were all necessary parts of the foundation
                  leading to last week's agreement, as they will be to any future accord
                  on Nagorno-Karabakh."
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

And from what country are the pipes going to go to "transit" Armenia - Azerbaijan, Georgia or Iran?

Comment

Could be all three actually.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X