Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenians Gangsters Charged With Largest Medicare Scam Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenians Gangsters Charged With Largest Medicare Scam Ever

every ethnic group has its criminals, mafia, etc.

This incident doesn't give a right for people to start generalising about Armenians, and if they do xxxx them.

Really I could care less what some dumb American or Russian thinks about Armenians.

They did some fraud ok, look at some American criminals who rape and kill their own children. Or all the sadistic serial criminals that have been American. When it comes to crime, America has a much, much worse reputation hands down.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
      I already got that response (because of my stand on this issue) from my wife who came home from the hairdresser with her latest Armenian cut (Not too bad btw) telling me everybody says how embarrassed these criminals have made us Armenians.

I say togh koonen, just like an older friend that says the same thing......and he has lost big money to this system planting his investment in Armenia (Private schools) but still continues to do so.

Also I can’t believe the Armenian government is giving lip service over this. The US has actually lowered its aid to Armenia and most of it gets hung up in red tape anyway before it actually makes it to Armenia.

The civilized world is screwing us (yes the nice loyal Armenians who would never hurt a fly) more than we could ever screw them, think about it.
      So what? how's us screwing them back will make things better?
      Anyway, this will all blow over, but the Mafia phenomena will stay.

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
        So what? how's us screwing them back will make things better?
        Anyway, this will all blow over, but the Mafia phenomena will stay.
        This scheme didn't screw anyone over. They basically created a virtual network of healthcare with virtual transactions stealing virtual money (crap that the Federal Reserve prints which holds no value). It's pretty brilliant if you think about it.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
          This scheme didn't screw anyone over. They basically created a virtual network of healthcare with virtual transactions stealing virtual money (crap that the Federal Reserve prints which holds no value). It's pretty brilliant if you think about it.
          Apparently, they weren't that brilliant since they got caught.

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
            Apparently, they weren't that brilliant since they got caught.
            They probably crossed the wrong people. You can get away with any crime if you know the right people. Plus, they have only been charged, they still have to go to trial.

This is the thing about America... law abiding citizens pay for those that commit crimes and those that are irresponsible.
            Last edited by KanadaHye; 10-20-2010, 01:55 PM.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Unfortunately, I haven't read this thread yet as I have been short on time and do not know if this was posted here yet but I was sickened to my stomach.
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Media Unfairly Bashes All Armenians Because of Alleged Crimes of a Few

BY HARUT SASSOUNIAN

The first problem with the widely circulated reports that several Armenians have defrauded Medicare out of millions of dollars is that these individuals are innocent until proven guilty. Only after a court establishes their guilt, they can be labeled as crooks or criminals.

It is even more outrageous that the good name of all Armenians is being tarnished by sweeping media generalizations, bringing intense feelings of shame to millions of law-abiding Armenians who are overly sensitive about their reputation. Last week’s sensational headlines referring to an “Armenian crime syndicate” or “Armenian criminals” completely traumatized the Armenian-American community. Exploiting the media hype, all sorts of racists, Armenian-haters, and naturally, some Turks have come out of the woodwork to post vicious anti-Armenian comments on various internet sites.

One of the most insulting references to these arrests was made on the radio/internet show called “The Young Turks.” As if the name of the show was not offensive enough to Armenians, the co-hosts, Ana Kasparian, an Armenian-American, and Cenk Uygur, a Turkish American, last week repeatedly bashed the accused as well as all Armenians.

The fact that Kasparian is an Armenian makes her comments even more offensive. Trying to be funny or entertaining does not give her a license to hurl insults at individuals who have been merely accused, but not convicted of any crimes, and the community at large for the alleged crimes of a few! Here are excerpts of the co-hosts’ disgraceful remarks:

Kasparian: “Dozens of Armenians throughout the United States have recently got arrested for Medicare fraud. Now this is an age-old trick of Armenians. This is what Armenians do. OK. And that’s a gross generalization. And a large majority of these offenders lived in Glendale, California. I am not kidding. That’s a fact.

Uygur: That’s literally true! [Chuckling]. By the way, I am amused by the Armenian community Medicare fraud in Glendale. [Imitating an Armenian accent]: “You do Medical fraud? Of course. Who doesn’t do Medicare fraud? Come now!” Is that close to an Armenian accent?

Kasparian: It’s close. So, what these individuals would do is, they would steal the identities of doctors, identities of hundreds of thousands of individuals in the United States and they would make false claims. They would create these phantom health care clinics that don’t even really exist and then bill Medicare for treatments that never happened and then Medicare would send this money to these fake doctors or these doctors that have their identities stolen….

Uygur: Let me give you a little detail how it works. It’s kind of interesting. So, they steal a list of doctors’ names….

Kasparian: …There is shame on two different sides here. Shame on the Armenians and shame on the government for not realizing it until now — until these Armenians stole $163 million from Medicare [The correct figure is $35 million].

Uygur: You know what? That is a pretty good scam. You gotta give it up to them. They are working up in Glendale. [Chuckling].

Kasparian: And it wasn’t just in Glendale. These are Armenians throughout the country. Like, we got Armenians in New York City, we got Armenians in California, a couple in Ohio, some in New Mexico, some in Florida, all over the place. It’s a massive operation. They’re all connected. They all know what they’re doing. It’s insanity. In fact, officials equated this to the mafia. This is like the Armenian mafia operating in the United States. Part of me felt like I should be a little proud of that, because I am kind of a bad ass, but another part of me of course was humiliated. I feel so bad for the people that are victims of this. Because not only the government gets millions of dollars stolen from them, there are people who have their identity stolen. So these Armenians can sit at home, drive their Rolls Royces, and not do anything.

Uygur: I’m gonna take a little controversial view on this. Obviously, they couldn’t be more wrong — busted, go to jail, etc. We are not having any of that conversation. On the other hand, it is a little ingenious…. You know what happens! People get greedy. Once you got that scam going, and you haven’t got caught in a long time, you think let’s churn this thing out. Everyone wants a piece of the action. Next thing you know, everybody in Glendale knows, and they all want their cut in it. Of course, there is an ugly side to this. One of the guys I believe you saw in the picture was “vor.”

Kasparian: By the way, “vor” means “ass.” I’m wondering why all of the news articles refer to him as “vor.”

Uygur: The news articles claim that “vor” means “thief-in-law” which is a bizarre thing….

Violating all legal and journalistic norms, the co-hosts of the show never once use the words “alleged” or “accused” to describe the defendants. If the charges against some of these individuals are dropped, Kasparian and Uygur could be sued for libel.

So far tens of thousands of viewers have seen this particular episode on various internet sites. Thousands more have heard it on radio. Over 800 viewers have posted comments on YouTube alone. You can watch the show and post a comment by clicking on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUrFaecJOqE.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Kasparian!!! What the hell is she doin with a turk!!
                What is wrong with you people there in America !~~ Are you all tend to be such bastardized morons in oversized manner!!

Shame to Gasparian name shame to here family disgrace.And its not funny stupid woman.

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
                  What is wrong with you people there in America !~~ Are you all tend to be such bastardized morons in oversized manner!!

Shame to Gasparian name shame to here family disgrace.And its not funny stupid woman.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo8NvJq6ik8

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post

From what I hear she's a certified moron, and probably just another corrupted Armenian xxxxx, who loves Turks. I mean I think you know what the terms are when the turks hired her , and of course she would agree...
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---
                    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                      Unfortunately, I haven't read this thread yet as I have been short on time and do not know if this was posted here yet but I was sickened to my stomach.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUrFaecJOqE.

http://asbarez.com/87019/media-unfai...imes-of-a-few/
                      It seems that the video has been removed. It is good that Asbarez is covering this.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X