Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Armenian Army

Comment

Originally posted by davidoga View Post

Either through Georgia or Azerbaijan, a border needs to be created. I prefer the former, though, because the population is at least Christian.
      They maybe Christian but they don't like us, which amounts to the same thing.

Don't see why Iran would have a problem with Armenian-controlled Nakhchivan. They tacitly recognize our claims, as there is an Armenian-dominated sector of Isfahan called "New Dzugha." But then again, Iran was against a possible Armenian takeover in '93....[
      Iran likes the current status quo, they don't want a war on their borders and refugees flooding.

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
        They maybe Christian but they don't like us, which amounts to the same thing.
        Still...Armenia is a Christian country and Georgians would be more tolerable then Azeris....

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
        Iran likes the current status quo, they don't want a war on their borders and refugees flooding.
        But that doesn't mean that they are prepared to do anything about it. Iran really doesn't need more enemies, especially since this would effect Russia. And since when does Iran pass up an oppurtunity to mess with Azerbaijan? Relations between them have changed for the worst in last 20 years.

Comment

Armenian Army

Comment

Originally posted by davidoga View Post
            Well yes...that's what I said. Russia will take the initiative by forcing its way through Georgia (at which point it would be relatively easy to convince them that a border is necessary).

Another interesting idea I have heard is to offer Russia a military base in NKR. I know it sounds far-fetched at this point, but I don't think that in the long-run Russia prioritizes anything over maintaining influence in the Caucasus. Even the mere gesture of such an offer would do much to help Armenia, coupled with the fact that Azerbaijan is becoming an annoyance to Russia with their Western tendencies and Gabala issue.
            I don't think this idea is that far fetched. It's actually really executable IMHO. I think this is what's going to happen eventually as a result of both possible scenarios in NK.

1. Azerbaijan attacks...Armenia repels the attack...Russia intervenes and Russian "Peacekeepers deploy in NKR"
            2. The peace process advances...Armenia starts asking for guarantees that Azerbaijan will not attack NK proper in case of possible Armenian withdrawal from certain regions...thus Russian "peacekeepers" will be deployed in NK proper

And if NK becomes a recognized republic as a result of any scenario, the Russian presence would be legitimized by intergovernmental agreements that would make Russia the guarantor of NKR independence

The questions are:

1. How will the battles on the ground end? and in what position will we be after the new war?
            2. In case of a possible peace process do we trust Russia enough to rely on it as a preventive force against an Azeri attack in return for our withdrawal from the regions?

Please do not give me that nationalistic views of "we're not withdrawing", "we will reach Baku", "we will capture Ankara"...this is politics, and unfortunately in politics there is no place for nationalism. Despite the fact that I myself would agree that we shouldn't give a grain of sand back because these are our historic lands...but not everything is as we want it in certain cases.

I think these are 2 very interesting questions that our leadership should be discussing right now...Cheers

Comment

Armenian peacekeepers leave for Afghanistan

August 02, 2012 | 11:52

YEREVAN.- A new unit of Armenian peacekeepers is leaving for Afghanistan on Thursday.

Commander of the unit, Major General Arthur Simonyan told Armenian News-NEWS.am that 61 peacekeepers will conduct operation not in Mazari Sharif, but in camp Mike Spann where they will defend the checkpoint and the neighboring area.

There are 122 Armenian peacekeepers in Afghanistan. Sixty-one of out of them are conducting peacekeeping mission in Konduz airport, another 61 were defending Mazari Sharif airport and the military bas. Now they are transported to Mike Spann. The Armenian troops are conducting mission under the German command.
              Armenian troops are conducting mission under the German command...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmeniaSacra View Post
                  I don't think this idea is that far fetched. It's actually really executable IMHO. I think this is what's going to happen eventually as a result of both possible scenarios in NK.

1. Azerbaijan attacks...Armenia repels the attack...Russia intervenes and Russian "Peacekeepers deploy in NKR"
                  2. The peace process advances...Armenia starts asking for guarantees that Azerbaijan will not attack NK proper in case of possible Armenian withdrawal from certain regions...thus Russian "peacekeepers" will be deployed in NK proper

And if NK becomes a recognized republic as a result of any scenario, the Russian presence would be legitimized by intergovernmental agreements that would make Russia the guarantor of NKR independence

The questions are:

1. How will the battles on the ground end? and in what position will we be after the new war?
                  2. In case of a possible peace process do we trust Russia enough to rely on it as a preventive force against an Azeri attack in return for our withdrawal from the regions?

Please do not give me that nationalistic views of "we're not withdrawing", "we will reach Baku", "we will capture Ankara"...this is politics, and unfortunately in politics there is no place for nationalism. Despite the fact that I myself would agree that we shouldn't give a grain of sand back because these are our historic lands...but not everything is as we want it in certain cases.

I think these are 2 very interesting questions that our leadership should be discussing right now...Cheers
                  Well, I think that because of OSCE, Russia can not make any unilateral decisions (meaning that Russia cannot just arbitrarily deploy peacekeepers). Although if there is an attack, it would be safe to say that extra peacekeeping measures will be taken. If this happens and Russians deploy peacekeepers, NKR will be safe from Azeri aggression forever.

TBH, the status quo is ideal for an independent Artsakh. Each time it has elections, the notion of democracy is strengthened.

Armenia has no choice but to trust Russia.

Comment

Azerbaijani soldier commits suicide

[ 02 Aug 2012 19:32 ]
                    Baku – APA. Azerbaijani Army lost one more soldier. According to APA, the incident took place at the Defense Ministry’s “N” military unit in Nakhchivan.

The soldier of the National Army Ismayil Rafig Ibayev, 19, killed himself shooting with his duty weapon in his head.

Press service of the Defense Ministry confirmed this fact to APA. The investigation is underway.

Ismayil Ibayev was drafted by the military commissariat of Jabrayil region.

Comment

What's happening in azerbaijan ? Everyone is killing himself :s

If this go on we don't need war , we just need to wait and they will all blow themself

Comment

Working...
                      X