Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!


2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.


- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.


8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

    Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Army




    Comment


    • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

      Originally posted by argin View Post
      I am not a military expert by long shot but looking at the past war,we were able to win because after defending and ensuring safety of Armenian people in artsakh by liberating shushi That helped us stop the bombing of Stepanakert we moved to offensive and liberated plenty of land that we posses today,we exhausted the enemy from defending their lands and took or destroyed their resources,which led them to backing off and signing the ceasefire.in one word only defensive might play the same role but against us this time.we can't only go defensive we should advance in order to ensure our lands from invasion and aim to cripple the enemy and draw new borders.correct me if I missed any important fact or have any irrelevant point thanks
      Shushi was a strategic city. The azeris were shelling Stepanakert from that location thus taking it was vital. The problem with going offensive is it is expensive in terms of lives and money. Another factor is that we have been building our forces to defend and we may be poorly equipped for offense. The last point I want to make is that we liberated a lot of lands already yet these lands are mostly sitting vacant after 20 years of incentives by the government to relocate people there. The only scenario where taking land makes any sense is if it gives us a border with Russia or the sea but here again it will be costly both in terms of lives and treasure.
      Hayastan or Bust.

      Comment


      • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

        Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        Shushi was a strategic city. The azeris were shelling Stepanakert from that location thus taking it was vital. The problem with going offensive is it is expensive in terms of lives and money. Another factor is that we have been building our forces to defend and we may be poorly equipped for offense. The last point I want to make is that we liberated a lot of lands already yet these lands are mostly sitting vacant after 20 years of incentives by the government to relocate people there. The only scenario where taking land makes any sense is if it gives us a border with Russia or the sea but here again it will be costly both in terms of lives and treasure.
        I agree we do not need anymore lands. I drove from Ararat village to Tigranakert last week and I can tell you most of the land is unoccupied both in Armenia and Artsakh. We need to defend what we have, and get whatever else we can towards the west with diplomacy. We need the international market to end this war for us, not risk our youth.

        I do have a question for those who are more familiar with the current situation there, can we offer Russia a military base in Agdam in exchange for them to ensure peace at the border?
        Last edited by Shant03; 07-01-2015, 08:41 AM.

        Comment


        • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

          Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
          I agree we do not need anymore lands. I drove from Ararat village to Tigranakert last week and I can tell you most of the land is unoccupied both in Armenia and Artsakh. We need to defend what we have, and get whatever else we can towards the west with diplomacy. We need the international market to end this war for us, not risk our youth.

          I do have a question for those who are more familiar with the current situation there, can we offer Russia a military base in Agdam in exchange for them to ensure peace at the border?
          There is no way a single russian to be within the borders of Artsakh.

          Comment


          • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

            Armenia and UK to develop cooperation on defense
            19:28, 01.07.2015
            Region:World News, Armenia
            Theme: Politics


            YEREVAN. – Armenian Defense Minister Seyran Ohanyan on Wednesday received director on defense policy at the UK Defense Ministry Nick Green accompanied by Ambassador Katherine Leach.

            The sides discussed Armenia-UK-NATO relations on defense, Armenian Ministry's press service reported.

            Minister Ohanyan presented his vision of the development of cooperation.

            The British side said they would continue cooperation with Armenia in bilateral and multilateral format within existing programs and new initiatives.

            The sides also touched upon regional security issues.
            Armenia News - NEWS.am
            http://news.am/eng/news/274884.html

            Comment


            • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

              Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
              I agree we do not need anymore lands. I drove from Ararat village to Tigranakert last week and I can tell you most of the land is unoccupied both in Armenia and Artsakh. We need to defend what we have, and get whatever else we can towards the west with diplomacy. We need the international market to end this war for us, not risk our youth.

              I do have a question for those who are more familiar with the current situation there, can we offer Russia a military base in Agdam in exchange for them to ensure peace at the border?
              Originally posted by Spetsnaz View Post
              There is no way a single russian to be within the borders of Artsakh.
              Spetsnaz above post is a standing fact. No SOVERIEGN does that unless compelled .
              Some say we have SOVERIEGNITY others disagree. I say we are in a tenuous position and we hang on to what we have.
              On the point about the unoccupied land equating to not needing to take more land if the fraudulent "oglu's" to our east start a WAR , I disagree completly.
              HARK

              Comment


              • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

                Liberty or Death
                with blood of many we become one nation.
                No Russian troops in Artsakh.
                B0zkurt Hunter

                Comment


                • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

                  Ժամանակ.Հայաստանը ՌԴ-ից կստանա Իսկանդեր Մ՝ ի սարսափ Ադրբեջանի
                  02.07.2015

                  Ժամանակ թերթը գրում է. Այսօր ԱԺ-ն, Գալուստ Սահակյանի որոշմամբ, կգումարի արտահերթ նիստ, որի ժամանակ պետք է քննարկվի ՌԴ եւ ՀՀ կառավարությունների միջեւ ստորագրված ՀՀ-ին ՌԴ կողմից 200 մլն դոլարի արտոնյալ վարկ տրամադրելու մասին համաձայնագիրը, որով ՌԴ-ն արդիական զենք է մատակարարելու ՀՀ ԶՈՒ-ին:

                  Ըստ ՀՀԿ-ին մոտ կանգնած մեր աղբյուրի՝ այս գումարի շրջանակներում ՀՀ-ն կարող է ստանալ հայտնի Իսկանդեր Մ օպերատիվ տակտիկական հրթիռային համակարգեր, որը համարվում է ռուսական հրթիռաշինության լավագույն մշակումներից մեկը եւ ունի բավական բարձր տեխնիկական բնութագրեր:

                  Թե ռուսների ինչի՞ն է պետք, որ ՀՀ-ն զինված լինի Իսկանդեր Մ համակարգերով՝ կարող է մի քանի բացատրություն ունենալ:

                  http://news.am/arm/news/274929.html

                  Comment


                  • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

                    Armenian Air Force





                    Comment


                    • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

                      Originally posted by Spetsnaz View Post
                      Ժամանակ.Հայաստանը ՌԴ-ից կստանա Իսկանդեր Մ՝ ի սարսափ Ադրբեջանի
                      02.07.2015

                      Ժամանակ թերթը գրում է. Այսօր ԱԺ-ն, Գալուստ Սահակյանի որոշմամբ, կգումարի արտահերթ նիստ, որի ժամանակ պետք է քննարկվի ՌԴ եւ ՀՀ կառավարությունների միջեւ ստորագրված ՀՀ-ին ՌԴ կողմից 200 մլն դոլարի արտոնյալ վարկ տրամադրելու մասին համաձայնագիրը, որով ՌԴ-ն արդիական զենք է մատակարարելու ՀՀ ԶՈՒ-ին:

                      Ըստ ՀՀԿ-ին մոտ կանգնած մեր աղբյուրի՝ այս գումարի շրջանակներում ՀՀ-ն կարող է ստանալ հայտնի Իսկանդեր Մ օպերատիվ տակտիկական հրթիռային համակարգեր, որը համարվում է ռուսական հրթիռաշինության լավագույն մշակումներից մեկը եւ ունի բավական բարձր տեխնիկական բնութագրեր:

                      Թե ռուսների ինչի՞ն է պետք, որ ՀՀ-ն զինված լինի Իսկանդեր Մ համակարգերով՝ կարող է մի քանի բացատրություն ունենալ:

                      http://news.am/arm/news/274929.html
                      This is fantastic

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X