Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Hye View Post
    hi Mr. davidoga our economic and political genius.
    your quote: "I am aware of Armenia's geographic position. It is not an excuse."
    although you are aware but somehow you don't factor that in in your agument you just blame everyting on corruption and I donno what president or leader. Being in such a condition is not an excuse but THE MAJOR FACTOR for our very slow economic progress. Morover I was actually merely indicating that the geopolitical factor in Armenia is the most important factor which all of you forgot about in your above dicussion. I don't know if you get it or not or you agree or not Im tired of talking to people like you that's why you don't see me posting left and right in this forum my time is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more important than wasting on people such as yourself WITH ALL DUE RESPECT SINCERELY.

your quote: "You are the typical apathetic, lazy Armenian that says "Oh, it's too hard let's give up. Better stay in Lebanon, Armenia does not need bums such as yourself.""
    thank you for the wonderful words from a wonderful person I take all your adjective like a man and I forgive you. you don't know what you are saying but I just want to say I didn't say "Oh, it's too hard let's give up." but I guess you understood me wrong I WONDER WHY??????? and thank you for your advise my good fellow but I rather take that decision myself thank you for caring anyway.

your quote: "The challenge itself is in circumventing geopolitical realities. Let me be clear, it has to be a challenge that Armenia is willing to face. Otherwise, Armenia will soon be void of Armenians, and Turkey will have its dream of Pan-Turanism."
    Exactly circumvent the geopolitical realities you have ideas go live in armenia and change it. don't shout this and that with no fairness about armenia without being there for more than 6 months. as for me I am just indicating a major factor that was omitted from the discussion nothing more nothing less but you as we see are an economic and political genius we need people like you in Armenia please I beg you go and change you seem really smart.

Moreover I live in Lebanon and you seem at least a fan of ARF. MY good friend before even talking a word about corruption look at your beloved party and ALL THE OTHER SO CALLED TRADITIONAL PARTIES IN OUR DIASPORA. to be fair I can talk about Lebanon and we are the LEAST PEOPLE who should talk about correption. If I start maybe the internet will overflow with sewage.

Bottom line I just want to point out one and only one thing through this discussion BE FAIR WITH OUR HOMLAND OUR PRESENT AND FUTURE.

Thank you for going back to the topic I appritiate and Im sure others as well and thank you for your contribution in this thread.
    Not blaming everything on corruption, but corruption is the only thing worth focusing on. Armenia's geopolitical realities cannot be changed without compromising values. And please don't insinuate that your time is more important than mine. Everyone in this forum is here to learn from each other.

I'm 18. I hope to live in Armenia as soon as I get the chance. Also, not a fan of the ARF. They are as rife with corruption as the other parties. And finally, being "fair with our homeland" will get Armenia nowhere. If Armenians keep making excuses there will be no progress. Your mentality is to do nothing. And guess what: nothing will happen. But pragmatic minded Armenians will not wait around for Armenia to collapse in order to say "I told you so" to apathetic Armenians such as yourself. They will do something.

PanARMENIAN.Net - Armenia’s Defense Ministry commented on the possibility for deployment of Russia’s S-400 missiles in Armenia.
    As Press TV reported citing the Turkish daily Hurriyet, Russia is installing an advanced anti-aircraft missile system in its southern military region in reaction to Turkey’s deployment of a NATO missile system.
    Considering the lack of Russia’s land frontier with Turkey, it cannot be ruled out that the missiles will be deployed in the territory of Armenia, where Russia’s 102nd military base is stationed.
    As the Ministry’s spokesman Artsrun Hovhannesyan told PanARMENIAN.Net “noting can be ruled out at the moment. With rearmament of the Russian military base in progress, renewal of anti-aircraft missile system might also be expected. However, we’re not sure as to the specific systems to be deployed.”
    This sounds like an excellent idea. But is there any substance behind it? Has Russia made such an offer?

Comment

Comment

More on "Strategic"

Putin flexes muscle in big test of Russia's nuclear arsenal
        By Steve Gutterman | Reuters – 10 hrs ago

MOSCOW (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin took a leading role in the latest tests of Russia's strategic nuclear arsenal, the most comprehensive since the 1991 Soviet collapse, the Kremlin said on Saturday.

The exercises, held mostly on Friday, featured prominently in news reports on state television which seemed aimed to show Russians and the world that Putin is the hands-on chief of a resurgent power.

Tests involving command systems and all three components of the nuclear "triad" - land and sea-launched long-range nuclear missiles and strategic bombers - were conducted "under the personal leadership of Vladimir Putin", the Kremlin said.

An RS-12M Topol Intercontinental Ballistic Missile was launched from the Plesetsk site in northern Russia, and a submarine test-launched another ICBM from the Sea of Okhotsk, the Defence Ministry said.

Long-range Tu-95 and Tu-160 bombers fired four guided missiles that hit their targets on a testing range in the northwestern Komi region, it said.

"Exercises of the strategic nuclear forces were conducted on such a scale for the first time in the modern history of Russia," the Kremlin statement said.

"Vladimir Putin gave a high evaluation to the combat units and crews and the work of the Armed Forces General Staff, which fulfilled the tasks before them and affirmed the reliability and effectiveness of Russia's nuclear forces."

The exercises included tests of communications systems and "new algorithms" for command and control, it said.

Russia says it is modernizing a nuclear arsenal that was largely created during the Cold War and will continue to use nuclear weapons as a key deterrent.

In the 2010 New START treaty, Russia and the United States set lower numerical ceilings on the weapons tested in the exercise.

But Putin has made clear further cuts depend, among other things, on Washington assuaging his concerns about anti-missile defenses it is deploying, including a European shield Russia says will make it more vulnerable.

Russian and American leaders say nuclear war between the Cold War rivals is now unthinkable.

But critics say Putin - in power since 2000 and back as military commander-in-chief since his return to the Kremlin in May after four years as prime minister - is exaggerating potential threats from the West to bolster support at home.

Comment

Armenian Army

Comment

It says we have 45 T80 have anyone info about if we really got T80 or no

Comment

Originally posted by HyeFighter2 View Post
              It says we have 45 T80 have anyone info about if we really got T80 or no

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-80_ta...t_of_operators
              Number is untrue. Jane's has reported 20 T-80 tanks with Armenia in the past. I don't remember any photographic evidence to this though.

Unrelated note: please move all economy discussions away from this thread folks. Thank you.
              Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

The CSTO Collective Rapid Reaction Force’s “Cooperation 2012” joint multinational military exercise in Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                  Number is untrue. Jane's has reported 20 T-80 tanks with Armenia in the past. I don't remember any photographic evidence to this though.

Unrelated note: please move all economy discussions away from this thread folks. Thank you.
                  so its 100% that we have 20 T80? but why we never saw them? or they are not modernised ones so we though it T72?

Comment

Originally posted by HyeFighter2 View Post
                    so its 100% that we have 20 T80? but why we never saw them? or they are not modernised ones so we though it T72?
                    if it's true, I hope it's atleast a T-80B. BTW, the deal with moldova, had 9k112 kobra missles in it, which according to wikipedia, can be used by T-64 and T-80 series. And since we don't seem to have any T-64s in service, it would be logical to deduce that we have T-80s in service.

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
                      if it's true, I hope it's atleast a T-80B. BTW, the deal with moldova, had 9k112 kobra missles in it, which according to wikipedia, can be used by T-64 and T-80 series. And since we don't seem to have any T-64s in service, it would be logical to deduce that we have T-80s in service.
                      wow col. hope we will show them in next parade, its in this year or we do ever 5th year?

Comment

Working...
                      X