Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by londontsi View Post

Ironically General Silikyan survived Sardarapat . Sadly he faced the firing squad during the Stalinian puges (1937 ).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movses_Silikyan
    Yes, my point --- exactly ---
    Thank you for clearly understanding.
    The irony in my opinion was not that he survived Sardarapat but rather that any and all capable leaders keep being murdered !!
    No hoards and the hominoid ain't shxt, and there weren't enough hoards to stop Movses.
    Remember SARDARAPAT
    Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Yerevanski92 View Post
      How is it bad when Russia itself is copying everything from Western style militaries? The Russian army in 2008 had an active personnel count of close to 1,000,000 while Georgia had less than 40,000, the 2008 War is a horrible example f you want to discredit modern day Western style militaries. The 1991 Gulf War, the 6 Day War, and the Invasion Phase of the 2003 Iraq war are also examples of how a modern day Western style military can perform on the battlefield conventionally.
      no, let me just say my opinion, yeh i agree, i see also that russia changes to western style, but he doing it to his special force not army,
      in 2008 russians had about 26k and georgians 20-21k at that time, they also had modernised t72s which got beaten by t62s and t72b's
      i know many things to say,but its gonna be bored to read all thing why western soldiers sux against soviet style war. And yeh arabs never could fight, they can only throw stones ( no racism)

Comment

Originally posted by Yerevanski92 View Post
        How is it bad when Russia itself is copying everything from Western style militaries? The Russian army in 2008 had an active personnel count of close to 1,000,000 while Georgia had less than 40,000, the 2008 War is a horrible example f you want to discredit modern day Western style militaries. The 1991 Gulf War, the 6 Day War, and the Invasion Phase of the 2003 Iraq war are also examples of how a modern day Western style military can perform on the battlefield conventionally.
        Our Country should not blindly follow neither western nor Russian dogmas about it's future. Both have good and bad points for us. Russians don't pay enough attention to military personnel quality and have corruption issues among nationalistic problems. Nor can we copy western money sinker gold coated technology because we will never have that much money or be important enough with anything we've got so that somebody else pays it for us.
        We should strengthen and guarantee our military progress ourselfs.
        It is a diffrent matter that we can learn, evaluate and adapt anything from anybody we deem worthy of learning from. Russian military doctrine is for Russia. Western is for west. We must have our's, for which we have to work very hard and guarantee that it stays number one national priority, free of corruption and political influences. We can learn from anybody. Even the zulus if necessary, and it would be the smartest thing to do. With time, we will have our own military doctrine, equipment and styles. Be it bought or manufactured.
        Rusiia is our natural ally, has been and will be. It is the best available true alliayance available to us(considering what else is available) and we take it.

Comment

"All those who think 95 + years ago is a long, long, long, --- time ago, and we as a people's are not reeling in traumatic HORROR are in my opinion --- phukin god damn stupid --- or turks.
          We'll be just fine and gather valuable knowledge by people who haven't had their leadership continually murdered."
          Now that’s my brother talking!

God bless you Artashes for pointing out facts! From the idiots in our midst to toorks! It is sad being an Armenian we don’t seem to have one amongst us who is not cursed with this dammed history. With all that said we are still here. I don’t think we would still be here if it was not for us! We pay so much attention to what others have, yet we still don’t give enough credit to ourselves. Despite all the hardships, despite all the pain and suffering, despite the blockades, despite the pogroms we are still here! Where is the Barsigs now? What happened to the mighty Persians? They got concord by Islam yet we are still here just like we always have been. And whom my I ask should we give credit for all this? Whom should we thank for liberating Artskh? I’m sure between the idiots and toorks they have someone else in mind.

Getze Hayastan!
          Last edited by Vahram; 11-28-2012, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Our Country should not blindly follow neither western nor Russian dogmas about it's future. Both have good and bad points for us. Russians don't pay enough attention to military personnel quality and have corruption issues among nationalistic problems. Nor can we copy western money sinker gold coated technology because we will never have that much money or be important enough with anything we've got so that somebody else pays it for us.
            We should strengthen and guarantee our military progress ourselfs.
            It is a diffrent matter that we can learn, evaluate and adapt anything from anybody we deem worthy of learning from. Russian military doctrine is for Russia. Western is for west. We must have our's, for which we have to work very hard and guarantee that it stays number one national priority, free of corruption and political influences. We can learn from anybody. Even the zulus if necessary, and it would be the smartest thing to do. With time, we will have our own military doctrine, equipment and styles. Be it bought or manufactured.
            Rusiia is our natural ally, has been and will be. It is the best available true alliayance available to us(considering what else is available) and we take it
            We have a terminal illness amongst the majority of our people. We have to understand our faults of this terminal negativity that permeates the vast majority of our people. We are still paralyzed by sad events and unable to see the light shining from within ourselves. This is our shame that we spend so much time with KFOR who did what exactly? Killed Christians for mafia Taliban Albanian drug dealers? We should be in Serbia for what reason known to man? Did any of this help get our lands back from anyone? Did kinky finger I mean KFOR do anything to help Artskh? Did we need them then? So why do we need them now?

We have been fighting for so long we are the natural warriors on this planet! This is a natural product of ourselves this is what is history, yet we are paralyzed. I can understand looking at other armies and seeing what they are doing, but help? Help for what? Help to teach us how to fight? Maybe the rest of the world should spend a little more time in asking us how to fight, they might learn something for a change! But with so many of us paralyzed how can we teach anyone anything, we can’t even seem to learn from our own history.

I agree with everything you have said Hagop, I’m simply venting I just want to share this so that you know what I mean, just in case someone misunderstands what I’m trying to say. Looking at mounting scopes is one thing, joining the Je w inspired crusade against Christians in the middle of Europe celebrating Armenians independency day is not my idea of fellowship, this to me is the height of stupidity. When they can’t even say the G word, yet they can yell at the top of their voices the L word. Lesbian Lesbian Lesbian, there I said it three times already, don’t you dare say Genocide once! Don't you dare say it but do join KFOR

I know we are supposed to only post things on topic, but the video below is from an Armo band called Empyray. I think it is important in this context.

undarpair achkair

Getze Hayastan!
            Last edited by Vahram; 11-28-2012, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
              ?????? wow

Is this Armenia's declared objective as well ?
              OR
              Americans wishful thinking / objective.

What does it actually mean weakening Armenia/Russia ties/treaty?

As far as I know londontsi Armenia and US military have been working together in such small scales for a while now so to me this is not new. They were helping us setup a better pilots training facilities and Armenian generals do travel to US in joint cooperation. Russia is aware of this and there are no problems.

Armenia seems to never turns down good training or new ways of warfare which we quickly mix (Armenianize) with our ancient fighting ways.....including modifications of weapons and equipment.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X