Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Chubs View Post
    That idiot says 1.5 million armos left in the last 10 years.
    Why are you picking out the only bit of truth in his rant? You should be pointing out the fact that a common element in a lot of the Azeri propaganda,and in this one, is the explicit connection they make between the Armenian genocide and current relations and conditions. This is a fundamental weakness in Azeri state ideology that is just asking to be exploited.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
      Why are you picking out the only bit of truth in his rant?
      Not even since 1991 have 1.5 million left Armenia. There was about zero net population change 2004-2008, and about 200K during the economic downturn. Armenia's real population is about 2.5-2.9 million today.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
        Not even since 1991 have 1.5 million left Armenia. There was about zero net population change 2004-2008, and about 200K during the economic downturn. Armenia's real population is about 2.5-2.9 million today.
        Nkr not included correct?
        Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Nkr not included correct?
          Correct. I don't have an accurate non govt figure for NKR

But as far as the Republic Armenia:
          Most of the emmigration happened in the first 10 years when it was the same story all across the former Soviet States. About 600,000 during the war years, and another 400,000 95-2001. The population situation had in large part stabilized prior to the economic downturn. About 80 percent of those who emigrated 2002-07 returned. It was really the economic downturn that made emigration a topic of discussion again and an imminent threat. We probably lost another 200,000 2008-2013, more so in 2008-10 when the economy was in free fall. Hopefully we see some optimism and improvement this year.
          Last edited by Mher; 02-24-2014, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
            The population of Armenia was about 3.5 million in 1989/1990 according to the official figures. And is probably about 2.5 million today (it is hard to believe a 3 million figure - there are sources that talk about this being an impossible figure based on election turnout % figures). So let's say it is one million less than 1990. However, there has also been a big number of Armenians arriving: from NK (100,000?) and also Azerbaijan (another 100,000? or more?) and lesser numbers from Syria, Georgia, etc. Say 250,000 arrivals. That makes an out migration of some 1.25 milllion people. Not the Azeri idiot's 1.5 million, but close enough to it.
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Why are you picking out the only bit of truth in his rant? You should be pointing out the fact that a common element in a lot of the Azeri propaganda,and in this one, is the explicit connection they make between the Armenian genocide and current relations and conditions. This is a fundamental weakness in Azeri state ideology that is just asking to be exploited.
              Whoosh......I'm afraid

Comment

The population of Armenia was about 3.5 million in 1989/1990 according to the official figures. And is probably about 2.5 million today (it is hard to believe a 3 million figure - there are sources that talk about this being an impossible figure based on election turnout % figures). So let's say it is one million less than 1990. However, there has also been a big number of Armenians arriving: from NK (100,000?) and also Azerbaijan (another 100,000? or more?) and lesser numbers from Syria, Georgia, etc. Say 250,000 arrivals. That makes an out migration of some 1.25 milllion people. Not the Azeri idiot's 1.5 million, but close enough to it.
                The official population is 2.9 million. Some people would include nkr which makes the population around 3.1 million. 140-150 thousand in NKR. Thats just what i hear. I think this is getting a little bit offtopic
                Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

The official population is 2.9 million. Some people would include nkr which makes the population around 3.1 million. 140-150 thousand in NKR. Thats just what i hear. I think this is getting a little bit offtopic
                  If you search for reports on the aftermath of the most recent elections in Armenia, there was analysis about the voting patterns and turnout percentages. Some commentators pointed out that they inadvertantly revealed that the actual number of voters was smaller than the turnout expected from a 2.9 million population.

NK is not part of ROA's territory so its population won't be included in ROA's official population figure - NK has its own official population statistics. It was 300,000 before the war it is said - and 100,000 Armenians and 50,000 Azeris later left. That 100,000 figure I gave for Armenians who left Azerbaijan proper (not including those who left NK) should probably be higher than that number.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

If you search for reports on the aftermath of the most recent elections in Armenia, there was analysis about the voting patterns and turnout percentages. Some commentators pointed out that they inadvertantly revealed that the actual number of voters was smaller than the turnout expected from a 2.9 million population.

NK is not part of ROA's territory so its population won't be included in ROA's official population figure - NK has its own official population statistics. It was 300,000 before the war it is said - and 100,000 Armenians and 50,000 Azeris later left. That 100,000 figure I gave for Armenians who left Azerbaijan proper (not including those who left NK) should probably be higher than that number.
                    According to the official 1989 Soviet Census, the population of Armenia was only 3.3 million, of which Armenians compromised only 3.08 million, or 93%. However today Armenia is about 98% Armenian, so a notable part of the decline was also non-Armenians leaving. I just learned this for the first time which gets me wondering why do people always start the conversation with: in 1990 the population of Armenia was 4 million.

Also, this leads me to another very important question I that I never thought about: How the hell is Azerbaijan's supposed population 9 million.
                    According to the official 1989 census, the population of the country was 7.02 million, of which 5.8 million were Azeris and 400k Armenian. How the hell did that figure grow to 9 million, especially considering 1991-1996 was worse for them than Armenia and their reproduction rate was the same as Armenia pre-independence. We'd heard of ex soviet states faking data to hide population loss, but you're gonna claim your population increased by 30 percent in your worst years? This really makes me even question our estimations of the 5.5-6.0 million actual current Azerbaijan population.

I would say 2.5 million a solid guess. but even that would only be 500,000 net loss, not 1,500,000. As far as the election numbers, I've wondered that too, but being in Armenia around the May 2012 election time, a lot of people I spoke to weren't voting because of apathy, assuming it would make no difference, and polls have shown this, so that might explain that

Comment

I have told you before Bells you don't belong in this thread (Turks and Azeris do but you don't)......and everytime you post here you try to take the thread off its subject with your false info.
                      GTFO
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X