Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

I think our strategy is a good one and is new thus it will take some time to implement and bear fruit. Making it harder for the enemy to kill our soldiers and citizens by taking and holding strategic positions seems to be working. We can see it is working because of the fact that these new attacks are coming from newer places which are harder to infiltrate plus they are being caught/killed. This strategy will leave fewer avenues for attack and expose the attacker to much greater risks. The other factor is the use of technology which has been discussed in the form of motion sensors, night vision equipment.. I think the combination of factors like these will take care of this problem. As for war..i cannot say that i agree with Iondontsi that we are looking at a small to medium size war. I think the level of armnament on both sides is huge and the resumption of full blown hostilities will have devastating effects on both sides due to the fact that both sides are now much better at killing then they were in the previous war. Even if the conflict is intended to be a short/small war by either side- it has the potential and i would say is very likely to develop into a much larger battle then intended. Add to this the possible involvement of outside countries and this is some seriously dangerous stuff we are looking at. I think from the military perspective the status quo is good for Armenia because leads to strengthening of defensive positions and security of our people. What is not good about the status quo is the economic situation due to blockades and uncertainty. In addition to all this, the world is in the midths of great changes with new and old powers emerging and other declining, with the war between shia and suni, and xxxs.. these are all uncertainties bearing potential risks some of which cannot be foreseen nor mitigated. These attacks by the azeris do some damage because they kill some soldiers but the greater effect is that these actions are forcing Armenia and Artsagh to strengthen their defensive positions. Once the needed military adjustments are made at the border the azeris will no longer be able to apply this kind of pressure on us and will have to go to war against a strengthened defense or negotiate for peace or maintain status quo.. Of these options the status quo is probably the most likely one but again it is not in Armenia's interest economically. The uncertainty in the region is increasing and so are the risks.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Armenia President attends military academy anniversary events

16:52, 26.07.2014

YEREVAN. – President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan on Saturday participated in the 20th anniversary celebration of the Vazgen Sargsyan Military Institute, and graduation ceremony for the 2014 graduates of the country’s military-educational institutions.

At the event, which was held at the Armenian Genocide Memorial, the President greeted the participants of the ceremony and extended congratulatory messages.

In addition, Sargsyan handed military officers’ certificates and awarded nominal daggers to the top graduates.

After the procession by the honor guard, the President delivered an address.

Subsequently, Serzh Sargsyan visited the monument to the victims of the Armenian Genocide and placed flowers near the eternal flame.
      Sargsyan also visited the monument to the victims of the Armenian Genocide…

Comment

Armenia President attends military academy anniversary events

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
          I think our strategy is a good one and is new thus it will take some time to implement and bear fruit. Making it harder for the enemy to kill our soldiers and citizens by taking and holding strategic positions seems to be working. We can see it is working because of the fact that these new attacks are coming from newer places which are harder to infiltrate plus they are being caught/killed. This strategy will leave fewer avenues for attack and expose the attacker to much greater risks. The other factor is the use of technology which has been discussed in the form of motion sensors, night vision equipment.. I think the combination of factors like these will take care of this problem. As for war..i cannot say that i agree with Iondontsi that we are looking at a small to medium size war. I think the level of armnament on both sides is huge and the resumption of full blown hostilities will have devastating effects on both sides due to the fact that both sides are now much better at killing then they were in the previous war. Even if the conflict is intended to be a short/small war by either side- it has the potential and i would say is very likely to develop into a much larger battle then intended. Add to this the possible involvement of outside countries and this is some seriously dangerous stuff we are looking at. I think from the military perspective the status quo is good for Armenia because leads to strengthening of defensive positions and security of our people. What is not good about the status quo is the economic situation due to blockades and uncertainty. In addition to all this, the world is in the midths of great changes with new and old powers emerging and other declining, with the war between shia and suni, and xxxs.. these are all uncertainties bearing potential risks some of which cannot be foreseen nor mitigated. These attacks by the azeris do some damage because they kill some soldiers but the greater effect is that these actions are forcing Armenia and Artsagh to strengthen their defensive positions. Once the needed military adjustments are made at the border the azeris will no longer be able to apply this kind of pressure on us and will have to go to war against a strengthened defense or negotiate for peace or maintain status quo.. Of these options the status quo is probably the most likely one but again it is not in Armenia's interest economically. The uncertainty in the region is increasing and so are the risks.
          Hiding behind a wall will not make Aliev give up its search and kill policy.

Many fields go untended . You cannot create walls to protect villagers in the fields.

However if Aliev looses his vantage points his little project becomes impossible.

Possibility of a long term war also diminishes.

Please do not talk about blockade.
          All you have to do is look at the imported goods cars etc you will realise there is no problem importing goods
          How come we have problem exporting goods?

However we have to ask ourselves what has been done to make our economy adapt to the “restrictions” that are imposed on us?

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
          Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
          Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

two things:

1. the regime in Yerevan likes the status quo and doesn't have the stomach for a limited war to punish the azeris.
              2. World including Russia wont back us on it, and it could even backfire on us.

I'd rather continue mining the border with thousands of mines, and continue sniping and grenading the fsck out of them whenever possible.
              Also try to arrest more saboteurs if possible, torture the fsck out of them, to get info on their routines, and infiltration tactics.
              In the mean time, try to figure out how to fight Artsakh War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmeniaSacra View Post
                Guys since the beginning of the year, as most of you have noticed, Azerbaijan has basically changed its policy. They are utilizing the same strategy Hezbollah utilized against the Israelis. Years of border warfare with constant killing and targeting of Israeli soldiers and officers. The strategy of Azerbaijan is basically kill as much Armenians as possible, as frequently as they came. This serves 2 purposes:

1. Giving daily martyrs would soften up the position of the Armenian public towards the necessity of solving the Karabakh problem
                2. To make the Armenian military leadership as incapable of doing anything to stop these killings!

In addition to the political and Economic pressure...the turks have now turned up the heat militarily as well.

I would appreciate you opinions regarding this matter..but I think we should just sit by and take the hits...maybe it's time we took bolder steps (despite the fact that the political situation in the region may not be too much in our interest)...

What do you think?
                I am going to repeat what I think must be done.......everytime baboons pull this kind of sh1t or make sniper shots we take back more land in that direction (kms) away from our villages so they don't get the chance to butcher a kid with knives.
                We can control and set the line of contact for the safety of Artsakh citizens......loss of blood and land, especially land will stop this.

btw, does anyone know how effective Ohan S 150 is in de-fogging an airfield/runway?
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Be ready to welcome our Iskander missiles soon, i have 100% information, our side already payed for the system 6 month ago

Comment

Which one....M (400km) or E (280km) range. conventional warheads I presume?
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Hyefighter its not something new
                      Eddo Sure 400 cz we need to target baku
                      Btw I didnt get totally. Whats Ohan s150. What do u use it for? Defogging?

Comment

Working...
                      X