Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
    It seems Armenian goverment have lots of cash to burn these days, they just sent 100,000$ to iraqi yazidiz who have no idea what armenia is or where it is. Meanwhile, People are stilll living in large tin cans after Spitak earthquake
    That money is the least our government could do for Yazidis in order to reward the loyalty of their population in Armenia, who participated in liberation of Artsakh among us and participate in every aspect of life in Armenia and especially serving in our army. At such a historic moment for Yazidis, that is full of sorrow and despair, our inaction in helping would be like a stab in the back.
    I wish that our government would have more means for larger assistence.
    We should do more and show to them that a loyalty to Armenians will allways bear similar return for them, especially in times of need.
    Last edited by Hakob; 09-11-2014, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
      That money is the least our government could do for Yazidis in order to reward the loyalty of their population in Armenia, who participated in liberation of Artsakh among us and participate in every aspect of life in Armenia and especially serving in our army. At such a historic moment for Yazidis, that is full of sorrow and despair, our inaction in helping would be like a stab in the back.
      I wish that our government would have more means for larger assistence.
      We should do more and show to them that a loyalty to Armenians will allways bear similar return for them, especially in times of need.
      Too bad we weren't able to send "peacekeepers" to help out the Kurds. Would have made good combat experience..Not that our boys dont already receive it from guarding the border all day long..
      Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Armenian-Russian joint military drills at Alagyaz range. 9.01-07.2014

Comment

Comment

Azerbaijani modernized BRDM-2
            9/11/14
            http://www.armyrecognition.com/adex_...dm-2_1109.html
            The layout of the vehicle was completely modified compared to the old BRDM-2, the small windows are removed and the front of the hull is fitted with new armour. The driver is seated at the front of the hull on the left with the vehicle commander to his right. The top of the hull is fitted with two roof hatches immediately behind the commander and driver.

One single door is available on each side of the hull. The single water-jet at the rear of the hull is removed, and the ZKDM is motorized with a new engine D-245.30E2 developing 150 hp to increase the maximum road speed of the vehicle to 100 km/h.

The ZKDM uses technology of V-hull to increase vehicle and crew survivability by deflecting an upward directed blast from a landmine (or Improvised Explosive Device) away from the vehicle. The body of the ZKDM provides protection level B-32 against armor-piercing incendiary full metal jacket round with a hardened steel core. Projectile weight is 64 g and muzzle velocity is 1006 m/s. Armour penetration at 500 m is 32 mm of RHA at 90 degrees.
            The round they are talking about is the B-32 14.5x114MM
            14.5x114
            The ZKDM has a total weight of 7,300 kg with a crew of three, including commander, driver and gunner.

The ZKDM is fitted with anew turret armed with a double-barrel, 23 mm GSh-23 cannon, one 7.62 mm PKT machine gun, one 30 mm AGS-17 grenade launchers, four 57 or 80 mm rocket launchers and two smoke grenade launchers mounted on each side of the vehicle.

The turret is remotely controlled by the gunner and fitted with fire control system. The weapons have an elevation of +15º, a depression of -30º and the turret can be traversed through a full 360º.

Standard equipment of the ZKDM includes BPK-2-42 day/night sight, a TV vision system with a maximum range of 1,000 m, and GPS navigation system GLONASS.

Comment

Comment

Good

YEREVAN, SEPTEMBER 12, ARMENPRESS: Armed Forces of Armenia will soon be replenished with new more ranged weapon, Defense Minister of Armenia Seyran Ohanyan said at a meeting with the teaching staff and students of the Yerevan State University of Economics.
                General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Օրերս Ռազմինֆոն այցելել էր ՀՀ ՊՆ ուսումնական զորամասերից մեկը։ Ներկայացնում ենք մեր հերոսին ու նրա պատմությունը։

Comment

Originally posted by gokorik View Post
                    Azerbaijani modernized BRDM-2
                    9/11/14
                    http://www.armyrecognition.com/adex_...dm-2_1109.html

The round they are talking about is the B-32 14.5x114MM
                    14.5x114

Hmmm, the vehicle is interesting. The reason why it even exists puzzles me. Basically a newly armored BRDM-2 with new, resistant tires, well armored hull, AGS-17 grenade launcher, 80mm rockets, Gsh 23mm cannon with day/night sights, etc. Is it problem? Probably not much of an issue. Although, it can act as a recon vehicle with ALOT of fire power. It would decimate troops with no AT/ATGMs, or support from friendly armor. What do we have that can take it out? Well, RPGs to start. Then ATGMs, Shturm on MTLBs, and grenade launchers like the AGS-30/17.

Would it last in a fight against a BMP-2? Yup, but it wouldn't survive. A couple of bursts from a BMP-2s 30mm would disable it, or maybe even destroy it. If the gunner decides to use his ATGM, forget it..That toy is gone. Although, it does have a very good chance of destroying our BMP-2s in combat, or even disabling it. The cannon on the Azeri BRDM2 would probably be able to pierce a BMP-2/1s side armor, possibly killing the crew. (Another reason why we need to dump the BMP-1. Its a death trap and it will only act as a metal cage of death for Armenian crews)

What can Armenia get that would be able to counter this? Firstly, start manufacturing our own stuff...but these are some of the vehicles that would easily take on and destroy this thing:

Gaz Tigr ATGM variant

BMP-3s

Upgraded BMP-2s

More ATGMs

BTR-82A, something Azerbaijan already has

CAS fighters perhaps?

I wonder what system they are talking about...

Hmmm, I was looking at these two. I guess we have 110 BMP-2s, on top of what we had in the past. My guess would be...130 BMP-2s.

We have already 70 BTR 70/80s including command variants. So its most likely BMP-2s.

I dont know if I am reading this incorrectly, but one says we acquired 35 tanks, the other says 24, in 2013. Are these valid?

Last edited by Chubs; 09-12-2014, 07:40 PM.
                    Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Originally posted by Chubs View Post
                      Hmmm, the vehicle is interesting. The reason why it even exists puzzles me. Basically a newly armored BRDM-2 with new, resistant tires, well armored hull, AGS-17 grenade launcher, 80mm rockets, Gsh 23mm cannon with day/night sights, etc. Is it problem? Probably not much of an issue. Although, it can act as a recon vehicle with ALOT of fire power. It would decimate troops with no AT/ATGMs, or support from friendly armor. What do we have that can take it out? Well, RPGs to start. Then ATGMs, Shturm on MTLBs, and grenade launchers like the AGS-30/17.

Would it last in a fight against a BMP-2? Yup, but it wouldn't survive. A couple of bursts from a BMP-2s 30mm would disable it, or maybe even destroy it. If the gunner decides to use his ATGM, forget it..That toy is gone. Although, it does have a very good chance of destroying our BMP-2s in combat, or even disabling it. The cannon on the Azeri BRDM2 would probably be able to pierce a BMP-2/1s side armor, possibly killing the crew. (Another reason why we need to dump the BMP-1. Its a death trap and it will only act as a metal cage of death for Armenian crews)

What can Armenia get that would be able to counter this? Firstly, start manufacturing our own stuff...but these are some of the vehicles that would easily take on and destroy this thing:

Gaz Tigr ATGM variant

BMP-3s

Upgraded BMP-2s

More ATGMs

BTR-82A, something Azerbaijan already has

CAS fighters perhaps?

I wonder what system they are talking about...

Hmmm, I was looking at these two. I guess we have 110 BMP-2s, on top of what we had in the past. My guess would be...130 BMP-2s.

We have already 70 BTR 70/80s including command variants. So its most likely BMP-2s.

I dont know if I am reading this incorrectly, but one says we acquired 35 tanks, the other says 24, in 2013. Are these valid?

http://i.imgur.com/BYpTYtv.jpg
                      yes its possible that we got 35 new tanks, i can guess we purchased 35 but got 36 ( if u know what i mena )
                      Poland canceled contract on PT72U cuz we choose eurasian union instead of european, so probably we will get t72b3

Comment

Working...
                      X