Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Chubs View Post
    You mistake basic busniess for assistance. Azerbaijan isnt getting xxxx for free like Armenia, it buys it.

No one is helping Azerbaijan, Russia is helping Armenia. Azerbaijan is helping itself.
    You mean oil is helping Azerbaijan.

For as long as it will.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
      You guys have to read this article below. I realize it is in the wrong place but this is the most popular thread on the forum. The article related to BTC pipeline explosion in 2008 during the Russian/Georgian conflict. Seems the Kurds did not blow up the pipeline in Turkey, the Russians did…and you'll find out how they did it. Cannot help but admire them a bit.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...-cyberwar.html
      I read this to today, very interesting. Firstly because I didn't even know this piple was blown up in the past.

Can you imagine if the piple would get blown up presently. It would be the final blow to Azerbaijan's economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
        You guys have to read this article below. I realize it is in the wrong place but this is the most popular thread on the forum. The article related to BTC pipeline explosion in 2008 during the Russian/Georgian conflict. Seems the Kurds did not blow up the pipeline in Turkey, the Russians did…and you'll find out how they did it. Cannot help but admire them a bit.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...-cyberwar.html
        Joseph this is a very interesting article.

In fact when reading it I was in cloud seven on auto pilot almost living it .......

until I bumped my head to this paragraph and ........ I woke up.

Seriously lets read it carefully

U.S. intelligence agencies believe the Russian government was behind the Refahiye explosion, according to two of the people briefed on the investigation.
        The evidence is circumstantial, they said, based on the possible motive and the level of sophistication.
        So far so good, ... sort of

The attackers also left behind a tantalizing clue.

Infrared Camera
        Although as many as 60 hours of surveillance video were erased by the hackers, a single infrared camera not connected to the same network captured images of two men with laptop computers walking near the pipeline days before the explosion,
        Really, the hackers erased 60 hrs of video (2.5 days worth) from near the pipeline?

I though hacking is done remotely.

The pipeline is 1200 miles long where near, near the explosion?

according to one of the people, who has reviewed the video.

The men wore black military-style uniforms without insignias, similar to the garb worn by special forces troops.
        Really the special forces went to another country with their special forces uniforms in peacetime so everybody notices them?

and of coarse ......
        “Given Russia’s strategic interest, there will always be the question of whether the country had a hand in it,”
        I would describe it a very unsophisticated and amateurish anti Russian propaganda.
        Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
        Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
        Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

heres the best part of the article,does anyone know if that figure would be higher or lower today?considering the current prices economic sanctions

Some of the worst damage was felt by the State Oil Fund of the Republic of Azerbaijan, which lost $1 billion in export revenue while the line was shut down, according to Jamala Aliyeva, a spokeswoman for the fund.

Comment

Originally posted by argin View Post
            heres the best part of the article,does anyone know if that figure would be higher or lower today?considering the current prices economic sanctions

Some of the worst damage was felt by the State Oil Fund of the Republic of Azerbaijan, which lost $1 billion in export revenue while the line was shut down, according to Jamala Aliyeva, a spokeswoman for the fund.
            That's great.
            Even Armenia has threatened on numerous occasions to blow the pipeline including other facilities so the stoppage would be catastrophic for Azerbaijan.
            What’s more no interested party has said “don't you dare”.

My comment was, an old factual event was regurgitated in the form of clumsy propaganda.
            By the way the internet is flooded with such propaganda.

Our job here is, (in this forum) to put to the test through debate in good faith.
            That is all I was doing.

PS I still do not know who did it, but I am glad they did it.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
            Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
            Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
              Joseph this is a very interesting article.

In fact when reading it I was in cloud seven on auto pilot almost living it .......

until I bumped my head to this paragraph and ........ I woke up.

Seriously lets read it carefully

So far so good, ... sort of

Really, the hackers erased 60 hrs of video (2.5 days worth) from near the pipeline?

I though hacking is done remotely.

The pipeline is 1200 miles long where near, near the explosion?

Really the special forces went to another country with their special forces uniforms in peacetime so everybody notices them?

and of coarse ......

I would describe it a very unsophisticated and amateurish anti Russian propaganda.
              Originally posted by londontsi View Post
              That's great.
              Even Armenia has threatened on numerous occasions to blow the pipeline including other facilities so the stoppage would be catastrophic for Azerbaijan.
              What’s more no interested party has said “don't you dare”.

My comment was, an old factual event was regurgitated in the form of clumsy propaganda.
              By the way the internet is flooded with such propaganda.

Our job here is, (in this forum) to put to the test through debate in good faith.
              That is all I was doing.

PS I still do not know who did it, but I am glad they did it.

Pertainenent observations.
              I also don't know who did it. But if you read the article, it clearly states no one is able to tell who did this, and then it goes on to blame Russia.
              My problem is the USA & cronies are doing this very thing they purport to detest. Read the leaked info by Snowden and you see the USA et al doing this hacking on a scale that probably puts the other hackers to shame.
              I agree, sounds like the western propaganda machine in spades.

Comment

Armenia, Italy Sign Plan for Military Cooperation

YEREVAN (Mediamax)—On Wednesday and Thursday, talks were held in Yerevan on further military cooperation between Italy and Armenia.
                The event focused on issues related to current needs and prospects of development for Armenian-Italian military cooperation, the Armenian Defense Ministry reported.
                The meeting was concluded with the signing of an Armenian-Italian military cooperation plan for 2015 by Armenia’s Chief of Defense Policy Levon Ayvazyan and Head of the International Cooperation Office of the Defense General Staff of Italy, Colonel Roberto Vannacci.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
                  Armenia, Italy Sign Plan for Military Cooperation

YEREVAN (Mediamax)—On Wednesday and Thursday, talks were held in Yerevan on further military cooperation between Italy and Armenia.
                  The event focused on issues related to current needs and prospects of development for Armenian-Italian military cooperation, the Armenian Defense Ministry reported.
                  The meeting was concluded with the signing of an Armenian-Italian military cooperation plan for 2015 by Armenia’s Chief of Defense Policy Levon Ayvazyan and Head of the International Cooperation Office of the Defense General Staff of Italy, Colonel Roberto Vannacci.

http://asbarez.com/129781/armenia-it...y-cooperation/

Does anyone khow what these plans entail? I also read Armenia signed such a plan with Bulgaria a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsov View Post
                    Does anyone khow what these plans entail? I also read Armenia signed such a plan with Bulgaria a few days ago.
                    Idk, probably attempt to invade a port and get destroyed by 9 frenchmen. I believe that would probably be the most likely scenario in any exercise
                    Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Wiki says armenia uses soltam k6 mortars, is this true? Any proof?

Comment

Working...
                      X