Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    Alieve might be restarting the war as he sees his oil revenue dry up and needs to deflect attention away from the economic problems his people are going to be facing. The increase of violence has been rising over a sustained period of time with them testing and looking for weaknesses in our defense. Unless oil prices go back up I suspect we may have a war on our hands soon.

War costs more money than no war.

Where will the money come from, who will pay.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
    Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
    Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
      http://forum.hyeclub.com/showthread....468#post355468

War costs more money than no war.

Where will the money come from, who will pay.

The ruling family has more then enough money which they stole from their country. They already have the weapons and the fuel they need for war. If the family decides to stay in that country it will launch a war to create a scapegoat. If the war goes well then the ruler is a hero and his hold on power is not questionable..if the war goes badly then the ruler and his family can run away to any one of their palaces they have bought abroad. What makes this situation more complex is the involvement of powerful foreign powers in this region with conflicting interests.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Russian MiG-29s of the 3624th Air Base Erebuni, Yerevan, Armenia

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
          Alieve might be restarting the war as he sees his oil revenue dry up and needs to deflect attention away from the economic problems his people are going to be facing. The increase of violence has been rising over a sustained period of time with them testing and looking for weaknesses in our defense. Unless oil prices go back up I suspect we may have a war on our hands soon.
          Ya I mean first the attacks back in August and helicopter attacks and now them applying mortars on daily bases is just scary and worrisome,we would need a strong comeback at them when the timing is right but for now I guess we can't since Russia wouldnt be reliable ally at the moments since they are u suffocating under all the western sanctions

Comment

londontsi what I am saying is that cost is irrelevant here. Alieve has the money, the weapons, the manpower.. This is about staying in power. If there is no war and the situation deteriorates then he is to blame and his hold on power is at risk. If he starts a war he can blame everything on us and is much less likely to lose power.
            Argin the sanctions have zero effect on Russia's ability to wage war. The issue is that Russia does not want the azeris to be its enemies.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Though I agree they have the means for war, I don't think they are desperate enough yet to start it. They still have some funds in the sovereign wealth fund, whatever the amount, to stay afloat for a while with cheap oil. With that said, I can't understand what all these aggressive moves could mean if not an excuse to spark war. If war starts, I don't see them doing much given the terrain, our military hardware, and our preparedness. It can't lead to anything but a stalemate and a few hundred kids dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
                Though I agree they have the means for war, I don't think they are desperate enough yet to start it. They still have some funds in the sovereign wealth fund, whatever the amount, to stay afloat for a while with cheap oil. With that said, I can't understand what all these aggressive moves could mean if not an excuse to spark war. If war starts, I don't see them doing much given the terrain, our military hardware, and our preparedness. It can't lead to anything but a stalemate and a few hundred kids dead.
                Yes Mher I do not think that restarting a war will give them much territory but the azeris are in a very complicated situation and are being pulled in many different directions. Iran, Israel, Turkey, Russia, ISIS...all have levers here and interests. I do not believe Kharabag means as much to them as it does to us (a big reason why they wont win) and I believe their leader is simply using the conflict as a tool to stay in power. This tool gives him the reason he needs to muzzle independent media and opposition parties. It also gives him a useful scapegoat to hide mistakes, incompetence, theft.. Leaders often use war to justify or strengthen their hold on power and this situation is no different.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

We been talking about this for while......what you think, $45 Barrel will set him off?
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

When do you guys think the war is starting? I think 2015 is the year...

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
                      Azerbaijani actions are the result of external political pressure.
                      If you remember the warning by James Walrick that if Azerbaijani government(aliev's clan) did not implement political reforms to bring it to western stile democracy and human rights guarantees, a maidan like revolt could start in Baku. That is strong. Very strong. The western (US led) criticisms and pressure on aliev is mounting. Lately there is not a week passing without some kind of US official criticism of baku. This all and Kiev maidan prospects must be freaking baku.
                      The importence is not the end result of war, which is very doubtfull for baku, but the threats of possible war and ensuing chaos in caucasus that baku can excert on minsk group and influence US and Russian approach to aliev's regime in case it starts loosing controll. And it seems that aliev is feeling some slipping of controlls from his hands. There is public discontent that can be used by outside powers which is very dangerous.
                      Oil revenues could be only a factor in complicating things, but there is not a special price level that will prompt a war. With less money, ruling party feels less safe. But that is not the biggest factor.
                      The biggest factor is big power's struggles in caucasus and eastern Europe.
                      Russia is deep in crizis with west and baku needs a jolt to bring Moscow's attention to ruling clan's protection in baku.
                      War could be started if cyvil unrest starts and gets out of controll.
                      Otherwise, Aliev must be the biggest fool to start war now, when he still has most of power under controll.
                      One thing very important. Baku has full confidence that we will not start a war no matter how hot the frontline is, or how many ceasfire violations azeris commit. The most we might do is local positional grabs and generally will turn to Misnk mediators for restoring the peace. Our policies of avoiding full scale war do play into aliev's hand in giving him boldness in using war treats in bringing bigger political dividents from abroad.
                      I still cannot decide, why is US treating Baku so nagatively now? Could it be that it's a double game? By criticising aliev, Washington looks as if worried for democracy and peace, but actually pushes increasingly desperate aliev to more warmongering.
                      War in caucasus will damage Russia the most, next to Armenia and Azerbaijan, who will suffer the most.
                      It could also be that a war can be used to replace Aliev's clan with a more western oriented regime.
                      Last edited by Hakob; 01-07-2015, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X