Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

God forbid the war.
    I will not change a single Armenian boy's life with the rest of Azerbaijan.
    We got what we need in first war that we did not start but won.
    We don't need another.
    If azeris start one, that will be the stupidest thing they ever done.
    Once more, go back to ukraine, donbass. Ukr army has used everything, including iskanders. Exept making russian resolve harder, it did not acheive anything.
    The wars now are determined by resolve and intelligence.
    Look at Arabs. in all wars, except in 1973 war and 1991 desert storm, they could put up much more resistance to Israelis or americans and stop their own armie's collapses had they been organized and with high resolve. They had soviet block weapons but did not know how to properly use.
    In this next war it will not matter how many pieces of which who has.
    If 10 guys sit tight in rocks and don't want to retreat with their life, no weapon can get read of them without very many casualties to attacker.
    Thats how it was in first war and that's how it will be in next.
    You had a dosen fedayees sitting and wearing enemy down, then charging and making 50-100 azeris run for their lives.
    Our tanks and heavy equipment are for something else.
    Once you wear the enemy out in mountains and break their will, then it's time to unleash the armored collumns into their flatlands and uproot millions of them to flock to baku. that will be a catastropfy for them.
    If you try to prematurely use this armor by stupid incursions, then you run the risk of breaking the back or moral of your army, because they will run into enemie's fresh and equiped army.
    Weight for the moment when azery army looses the ability for quick responce as the fear and confusion sets in, after you inflict the attackers very heavy casualties.
    Last edited by Hakob; 06-05-2015, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubs View Post
      The Armenian Military is nowhere near ready or competent enough for full scale offensive operations. The current men in power rely on Soviet tactics and training in order to train their infantry and soldiers.

Armenia needs to follow the foot steps of Russia. Cut down on unnecessary personnel, armored vehicles, etc and turn your military into an elite, fast, and capable armed force with modern technology at the ready.

We are hording death trap vehicles just like the Soviets. Its not because Armenia cant afford new things, she can lol. (Even with the small budget she has, small acquisitions of modern technology over time would benefit the armed force greatly.)

The Russians in Ukraine, after the cut down, training reforms, etc have only lossed anywhere between 220-400 soldiers in a year long war. Compare that to the Ukrainian losses. (2,800-3,000 men + tens of thousands deserted)

The war isnt restarting anytime soon. Its mostly just Azerbaijani propaganda. They have no pretext. Armenia needs to wait for tensions to cool down, and then take that opporunity to truly modernize its armed forces

Of course, it would take billions of dollars to fully modernize the entire armed forces, so starting small is probably best and then building it up over time.

Armenian soldiers aren't very well trained compared to basic European countries. Compared to Azerbaijan, its much better but we are relying on tactics and training that are outdated.

It really depends on what war Armenia is fighting though. It could turn unconventional really fast.

Azerbaijan is adopting a model similar to Pakistan. The use of subversive groups for sabotage and infiltration. The main goal is to exhaust the enemy force. Pakistan uses Islamist militants in order to infiltrate Kashmir and conduct operations similar to insurgent activity. Azerbaijan is mainly secular, so they have adopted this model but with their special forces and recon groups.

Armenia needs a counter-terrorist or frontline counter-subversive group.

On the bright side, at least we are not Georgian retards. Copying the US in every single way they could possibly think of:

Comment

Here is a video of Saudi Arabia's American Patriot missile system allegedly intercepting a SCUD missile launched from Yemen today. I know the comparison is not exactly the same but we expect to launch SCUD missiles at Azerbaijan and with them having S-300s, this video may be interesting to see.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Well said Hacob

Listen Chuby, Armenia does not need to follow in footsteps of anyone.......we are doing just fine.

Your analysis of the weakness in Armenian army is Turkish/Azeri propaganda.
          Armenian soldiers are trained to highest standards of the whole area including Georgia.
          and the last Turkish mistake.......we are the Armenians and will never go away.
          Every war from last one Armenia will win.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Gevz View Post
            Oh no, you removed that nice message. Thats too bad. I was in the middle of reading it when I had to refresh my page. Im sure the other half was filled with just as much colorful language as the first half.

Listen Chuby, Armenia does not need to follow in footsteps of anyone.......we are doing just fine.

Armenian soldiers are trained to highest standards of the whole area including Georgia.
            and the last Turkish mistake.......we are the Armenians and will never go away.
            Every war from last one Armenia will win.
            Eddo, be objective for once. Stop with this nationalistic rhetoric and garbage.

Source? In what Turkish magazine does it say "Armenia still relies on Soviet tactics regarding maintenance of its vehicles and arms acquisition. It also relies on Soviet training for its infantry"

Armenian soldiers are trained to highest standards of the whole area including Georgia
            You do realize the Russians are in the Caucasus too..right?

Dont get me wrong, I have confidence in the Armenian Army when it comes to defending Armenian soil..but I cannot muster up enough confidence when we start talking about offensive military operations in Azerbaijan. I also suggest: Read what I actually typed. Armenia is not ready for *offensive* operations

Armenia's Armed Forces isnt prepared. For 20 years + the Armed Forces have been conditioned to defend, to sit in trenches in the mountains. To suddenly move that armed force into the lowlands in a German-style blitzkrieg would only result in thousands of dead Armenians and an Azerbaijani victory. Its stupid to jump out of your foxhole, charge the enemy, while at the same time knowing they were going to attack you in the first place. Why leave your defensive position?

Name one actual, real strategic and geopolitical benefit from attacking Azerbaijan? Name one. Just one. You know Armenia would lose very badly in that case, and be labeled as an aggressor.

I suggest you stop with this pre-emptive strike nonsense, its never going to happen. And if it did, Armenia would fail or not get very far.

Stick to what we know, defense. A pre-emptive strike on Azerbaijan would only anger Russia. We would see a great economic and possibly military backlash from our neighbor in the North.

Also, understand the war Armenia is fighting. Its not conventional anymore. We need counter-terrorist units on the border along modern tech (UAVs specifically)

The status quo is in Armenia's favor, dont change that with your Invasion-Of-Azerbaijan wetdream.
            Last edited by Chubs; 06-05-2015, 08:53 PM.
            Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Azeris will go down one way or another......you can have all the arms but determination with having nowhere to retreat you can bet that the Armenian soldiers will fight much harder than a Azeri soldier.

The pre-empt will come from the air produce complete confusion while our tanks advance with soldiers behind them. Don't worry about Russia, we are allies.

Turkey will sit everyday and do nothing while their Azeri brothers get pushed back....Turkey will be butt hurt.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                Azeris will go down one way or another......you can have all the arms but determination with having nowhere to retreat you can bet that the Armenian soldiers will fight much harder than a Azeri soldier.

The pre-empt will come from the air produce complete confusion while our tanks advance with soldiers behind them. Don't worry about Russia, we are allies.

Turkey will sit everyday and do nothing while their Azeri brothers get pushed back....Turkey will be butt hurt.
                That is only the case if Armenia is defending.

Thats not how warfare works.
                Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Originally posted by Chubs View Post
                  Oh no, you removed that nice message. Thats too bad. I was in the middle of reading it when I had to refresh my page. Im sure the other half was filled with just as much colorful language as the first half.

Eddo, be objective for once. Stop with this nationalistic rhetoric and garbage.

Source? In what Turkish magazine does it say "Armenia still relies on Soviet tactics regarding maintenance of its vehicles and arms acquisition. It also relies on Soviet training for its infantry"

You do realize the Russians are in the Caucasus too..right?

Dont get me wrong, I have confidence in the Armenian Army when it comes to defending Armenian soil..but I cannot muster up enough confidence when we start talking about offensive military operations in Azerbaijan. I also suggest: Read what I actually typed. Armenia is not ready for *offensive* operations

Armenia's Armed Forces isnt prepared. For 20 years + the Armed Forces have been conditioned to defend, to sit in trenches in the mountains. To suddenly move that armed force into the lowlands in a German-style blitzkrieg would only result in thousands of dead Armenians and an Azerbaijani victory. Its stupid to jump out of your foxhole, charge the enemy, while at the same time knowing they were going to attack you in the first place. Why leave your defensive position?

Name one actual, real strategic and geopolitical benefit from attacking Azerbaijan? Name one. Just one. You know Armenia would lose very badly in that case, and be labeled as an aggressor.

I suggest you stop with this pre-emptive strike nonsense, its never going to happen. And if it did, Armenia would fail or not get very far.

Stick to what we know, defense. A pre-emptive strike on Azerbaijan would only anger Russia. We would see a great economic and possibly military backlash from our neighbor in the North.

Also, understand the war Armenia is fighting. Its not conventional anymore. We need counter-terrorist units on the border along modern tech (UAVs specifically)

The status quo is in Armenia's favor, dont change that with your Invasion-Of-Azerbaijan wetdream.
                  1990s.

What has changed in the 20+ years?

A coward who ran away from the battlefield crying had a son who was born as another coward who is doing the same thing. CRYING.

20 years ago Armenia had little to no weapons while facing a coward that had a huge amount of weapons plus paid islamic fighters. What was the result? Armenia used the 'offensive weapons the cowards had' to decapitate and retake what was theres.

God forbid we go at it again you will lose all of azer land this time.

First target will be hit ganja and watch them flee.

'Armenia has no offensive weapons' are you the defense minster of Armenia or Artsakh?
                  Last edited by Gevz; 06-05-2015, 09:38 PM.

Comment

How come you are posing as an Armenian?

I remember in 1991 when my dad brang home an azeri ear. yes an ear. cut straight of an azer's head while he was alive. they put it in a matchbox and brang it. many new azeri kids don't realise what happened to there dads - we gave you a present it's called your martyr's lane.

Armenian soldiers are standing at the border know the exact reason why they are there. The Armenian soldiers has an identity has a history and is a RACE.

Azer has nothing like this, no race, pretend country, and a list of ethnic minorities who would love to get away from bakus spastic rule.
                    Last edited by Gevz; 06-05-2015, 09:47 PM.

Comment

It is a dilemma for Azerbaijan with oil declining and economy in shambles year by year.....and they know they can always start the war with Artsakh to remain in power however they are facing a well trained angry enemy determined and brave Armenians that it could backfire on them and coup Baku.

Even cowards must make a choice......my advise to Azeri soldiers (especially the minority) to not fight when the time comes and surrender, unless they want to get cut down by our SFs.

Turkey can't help you
                      Last edited by Eddo211; 06-05-2015, 09:50 PM.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X