Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!


2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.


- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.


8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

    I honestly don't understand our government.. we have an extremely high unemployment rate, the majority of our population is educated, and we have the lowest wages/labor costs in the world.. can someone explain why again we aren't manufacturing our own military equipment/supplies..etc? Clearly this would be a better alternative than borrowing millions to make other countries wealthier, this would probably solve a huge amount of problems domestically and possibly lead to an opportunity to export in the future..

    Comment


    • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

      Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
      I honestly don't understand our government.. we have an extremely high unemployment rate, the majority of our population is educated, and we have the lowest wages/labor costs in the world.. can someone explain why again we aren't manufacturing our own military equipment/supplies..etc? Clearly this would be a better alternative than borrowing millions to make other countries wealthier, this would probably solve a huge amount of problems domestically and possibly lead to an opportunity to export in the future..
      Can we manufacture helicopters, air defense systems, tanks, artillery, airplanes etc?
      Even if every working person had 4 jobs in 8 hrs each and was educated all the way up we still don't have enough population to do so.
      So instead of talking about "WEAPONS" in general, we should speak of each item that we actually can and take it from there.
      We can manufacture or repair some stuff. But we as public, have to educate our selfs about first of what exactly( realistically) and how.
      I like your idea of cutting unimployment with military industrial expenditure. It resembles Roosevelt's "public works" in cutting depression. But we have to learn of what and how and then demand or force our government.
      Last edited by Hakob; 04-29-2016, 10:05 AM.

      Comment


      • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

        Originally posted by Hakob View Post
        Can we manufacture helicopters, air defense systems, tanks, artillery, airplanes etc?
        Even if every working person had 4 jobs in 8 hrs each and was educated all the way up we still don't have enough population to do so.
        So instead of talking about "WEAPONS" in general, we should speak of each item that we actually can and take it from there.
        We can manufacture or repair some stuff. But we as public, have to educate our selfs about first of what exactly( realistically) and how.
        We can manufacture armors, uniforms, proper boots, bombs,rifles, guns, upgrade tanks, upgrade infantry armored vehicle , drones, robots. But we need an efficient government. No one is saying we should manufacture a plane, we are realist. I doubt North Korea is more advanced than us, they barely have internet, but they manufacture ballistic missiles. We don't want to be like them, but we can copy, create Joint companies with other nations, we can attract foreign companies like lubawa.

        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimr
        UAE manufactures a scaled down Gaz tigr ( Which we should receive some from Russia), its probably some workers from bangladesh or India ( Nothing against them, but we are definitely more educated) who assembled it, and they took the design from Russia.
        Last edited by Zeytun; 04-29-2016, 10:19 AM.

        Comment


        • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

          Forget helicopters, jets, tanks for now.
          We should at least manufacture the things that are used most; artillery ammo, grad missiles, hand grenades, mines, bullets.

          Comment


          • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

            Originally posted by Zeytun View Post
            We can manufacture armors, uniforms, proper boots, bombs,rifles, guns, upgrade tanks, upgrade infantry armored vehicle , drones, robots. But we need an efficient government. No one is saying we should manufacture a plane, we are realist. I doubt North Korea is more advanced than us, they barely have internet, but they manufacture ballistic missiles. We don't want to be like them, but we can copy, create Joint companies with other nations, we can attract foreign companies like lubawa.

            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimr
            UAE manufactures a scaled down Gaz tigr ( Which we should receive some from Russia), its probably some workers from bangladesh or India ( Nothing against them, but we are definitely more educated) who assembled it, and they took the design from Russia.
            For that you must be a subject and not an object.
            That's the whole point of the story.

            Lubawa is polish, it's arrival was a kind of good gesture/lure by Nato.
            It was ment, and did infuriate the master.

            Comment


            • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

              Originally posted by londontsi View Post


              "Syunik governor Suren Khachatryan, the son of appearing in scandals left frontline"

              Not sure if this is a PR exercise.

              When did he train to be sent to the front line.

              .
              He never went to frontlines, poor sugar baby murderer he is.
              He stayed a couple of hours in Stepanakert, and returned to Goris.
              This Shamshyan is so intricated by this corrupt militzia/oligarks, that he often mixes good work with this propaganda....
              Shame on us.
              Shame that no one can spit on their front, while they blatantly, and talentlessly spit on the blood of the fallen.

              Comment


              • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

                It makes perfect economic and common sense to make some of the military goods we use but other goods should be made regardless of economic reasoning. As some countries (including Russia) play politics by delaying delivery on orders or not delivering at all (France), it may make sense to self produce some of the critical hardware to make sure there will be no shortages when they are needed regardless of the status of our supplier countries. Protecting ourselves this way is a national security issue.
                Hayastan or Bust.

                Comment


                • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

                  Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
                  For that you must be a subject and not an object.
                  That's the whole point of the story.

                  Lubawa is polish, it's arrival was a kind of good gesture/lure by Nato.
                  It was ment, and did infuriate the master.
                  Did anything happen with tank modernisation? Was it even true or just rumor....

                  Comment


                  • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

                    Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
                    He never went to frontlines, poor sugar baby murderer he is.
                    He stayed a couple of hours in Stepanakert, and returned to Goris.
                    This Shamshyan is so intricated by this corrupt militzia/oligarks, that he often mixes good work with this propaganda....
                    Shame on us.
                    Shame that no one can spit on their front, while they blatantly, and talentlessly spit on the blood of the fallen.
                    Yep. While the poor kids go to their deaths to defend the country, the oligarchs and their families sit in their Mercedeses and mansions and behave like A-holes all day long to the common man.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

                      Armenia Reiterates Terms For Renewed Talks On Karabakh


                      Emil Danielyan եւ Artak Hambardzumian
                      Հրապարակված է՝ 29.04.2016

                      Armenia’s leadership has reaffirmed its three conditions for resuming peace talks with Azerbaijan following heavy fighting around Nagorno-Karabakh that put the two countries on the brink of a full-scale war.

                      “We want to receive guarantees that Azerbaijan will again not attempt to the resolve the [Karabakh] conflict by military means,” Vahram Baghdasarian, the parliamentary leader of the ruling Republican Party of Armenia (HHK), said on Friday.

                      “We are saying that a mechanism should be put in place for investigating armed incidents on the [Karabakh] Line of Contact so that we can determine who provoked them,” Baghdasarian told reporters. Armenia also wants international mediators to publicly hold Baku responsible for ceasefire violations in the conflict zone, he said, according to the Armenpress news agency.

                      Yerevan hardened its position following the April 2 Azerbaijani offensive in Karabakh that resulted in the worst clashes between Armenian and Azerbaijani forces in over two decades. The United States, Russia and France -- the three world powers trying to broker a solution to the dispute -- have urged the conflicting parties to restart peace talks as soon as possible in order to prevent another escalation.

                      President Serzh Sarkisian listed the three conditions in an interview with the Bloomberg news agency published on Monday. He said it is “unreasonable” for Yerevan to unconditionally negotiate with Baku because the latter can launch fresh offensive military operations “at any moment.”

                      The HHK reiterated this stance late on Thursday after a meeting of its governing body headed by Sarkisian. “We are committed to a solely political solution the conflict,” said the spokesman for Sarkisian’s party, Eduard Sharmazanov. “But in order to resume negotiations, we need to have confidence-building measures, targeted statements [by the mediating powers] and security guarantees from the international community.”

                      Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov criticized the Armenian preconditions. “You can’t solve the problem by setting conditions,” the APA news agency quoted him as saying.

                      “If they think in Yerevan that they can drag out the [peace] process with those conditions, it’s a primitive approach,” Mammadyarov told a news conference in Baku. “The process must move forward.”

                      The confidence-building measures demanded by the Armenian side have long been advocated by the U.S., Russian and French mediators. Baku has opposed them until now.

                      Visiting Armenia early week, France’s Secretary of State for European Affairs Harlem Desir said the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe should deploy observers and gunfire-locator systems along the Karabakh “line of contact” to minimize truce violations there. Desir discussed the matter with Mammadyarov and Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev when he proceeded to Baku from Yerevan.

                      It is not yet clear whether the French, Russian and U.S. co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group will try to organize Armenian-Azerbaijani talks in the coming weeks. Mammadyarov said on Friday that he may meet with the three diplomats in mid-May.

                      http://www.azatutyun.am/content/article/27706754.html

                      You can decide for yourself who won and lost the four day war. If Armenia wasn't the winner, you wouldn't hear talk like this. This shows me that our army is absolutely confident that it already saw the worst Azerbaijan could do, and doesn't have reason to even pretend to negotiate anymore
                      <<եթե զենք էլ չլինի' ես քարերով կկրվեմ>>

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X