Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ՊԲ-ն պատրաստ է իրավիճակից ելնելով ձեռնարկել հարձակողական գործողություններ. նախարար
    Հուլիսի 12-ին Արցախի Հանրապետության պաշտպանության նախարար, ՊԲ հրամանատար, գեներալ-լեյտենանտ Լևոն Մնացականյանն ընդունել է աշխատանքային այցով Արցախում գտնվող ՀՀ ազգային ժողովի մի խումբ պատգամավորների:

ԱՀ ՊՆ մամուլի ծառայության հաղրդմամբ՝ հանդիպման մեկնարկին ողջունելով բարձրաստիճան հյուրերին, բանակի հրամանատարը վերջիններիս խնդրանքով անդրադարձել է նախորդ տարվա ապրիլյան ռազմագործողություններին՝ դրանք որակելով Արցախի Հանրապետության դեմ Ադրբեջանի ձեռնարկած զանգվածային հարձակում՝ հաշվի առնելով հակառակորդի կողմից գործողության մեջ դրված հատուկ նշանակության ուժերը, մեծ քանակությամբ զրահատանկային ստորաբաժանումները, համազարկային, հրթիռային և հրետանային միջոցները, արդի տեխնոլոգիաներ պարունակող զինատեսակներն ու ընտրված հարվածային ուղղությունները:

Այնուհետև Լևոն Մնացականյանը ներկայացրել է հետապրիլյան աշխատանքները՝ նշելով, որ կատարվել են համակողմանի վերլուծություններ, ներկայացրել տեղ գտած բացթողումների ու թերացումների վերացման ուղղությամբ կատարված և կատարվելիք գործընթացների համալիրը: Ներկայումս առաջնագծում տիրող իրադրությունը որակելով որպես կայուն վերահսկվող՝ Արցախի ռազմական գերատեսչության ղեկավարը վստահեցրել է, որ պաշտպանության բանակն ի վիճակի է համարժեք պատասխանելու հակառակորդի սադրանքներին և պատրաստ է իրավիճակից ելնելով ձեռնարկել նաև հարձակողական գործողություններ:

Վերջում բանակի հրամանատարը պատասխանել է Հայաստանի Հանրապետության օրենսդիր մարմնի ներկայացուցիչների հարցերին, որոնք վերաբերում էին առաջնագծում ինժեներական կահավորման, մարտական հերթապահությունն էլ ավելի անվտանգ դարձնելու ուղղությամբ կատարված աշխատանքներին, բանակում կիրառվող նորարարություններին, տեսադիտարկման համակարգերի հնարավորություններին ու արդյունավետությանը:

Հուլիսի 12-ին Արցախի Հանրապետության պաշտպանության նախարար, ՊԲ հրամանատար, գեներալ-լեյտենանտ Լևոն Մնացականյանն ընդունել է աշխատանքային այցով Արցախում գտնվող ՀՀ ազգային ժողովի մի խումբ պատգամավորների:

Comment

• Thanks Sukhoi. I have no doubt Armenian forces are better equipped, prepared and vigilant after the the April war last year, as said above, lessons were learn and shortcomings being remedied-and being good the good soldiers the Armenians are, they certainly have a number of strategies, attacks, and counterattacks planned and on standby as needed. I think we all agree, a small, well planned, well executed, operation that hits the Azeris both hard and swiftly would be a game changer and perhaps encourage the Azeris to rethink their current mindset. One thing very apparent about the Azeris is when they lose, they lose big, and they give up very easily; they are easily broken, they are not brave. On the flip side, they'll make even the most minor victory out to be DDay.
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

• Armenian Army

Comment

• Originally posted by Sukhoi22 View Post
          According to one analyst who was on Azatutyun, currently we are monitoring the Azerbaijani territories up to 30-40km in daytime and 15km in night time.
          I wonder if we will make pre-emptive strikes if we see a threat.
          The absence of such strikes led to the April war.
          our weak political leadership and current geopolitics is what lead to april war. I fear nothing has changed though. Expect more of the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post

our weak political leadership and current geopolitics is what lead to april war. I fear nothing has changed though. Expect more of the same.
            Political leadership is very weak, but we did not have such monitoring when the April war happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sukhoi22 View Post

Political leadership is very weak, but we did not have such monitoring when the April war happened.
              The above interview by Artsakh MOD about our army having capabilities to attack is probably intended to stave off what looks like growing azeri threat. And mentioning here about weak leadership does not look convincing for our part.
              Monitoring 30-40 km deep does not mean rendering azeri threat ineffective. There is allways ways to get around and surprise us. And let's not overstate this capability to more than what it is. It's monitoring, nothing more. It will make surprise diversion harder but cannot stop the enemy or change military equilibrium drastically or whatever we need. Azeri threat is still there.
              i don't see a convincing evidence that our government is prepared to hand over Baku a crashing responce. All is about heavy losses.
              But Baku looks like is growing over that with boldness and self assuring armaments.
              we have to see our side do large scale military exercises and preparations of not just throwing back advancing enemy and restoring frontline but advancing deep into enemy territory and taking over large population centers.
              Azeris have to see that we are getting ready for the same they getting ready too.

Comment

• I think following the attrition phase of activity on the front line there will be a peace agreement or a war.

Seeing the polarization of the positions I feel a war is a more likely outcome.

After a decisive war, the sides may be forced to a peace agreement.

Considering that there is a fair bit of let's say aspiration for a Kur-Araxian hayastan, it could be our last chance to achieve this.

This would, of course, provide us with a more secure homeland both security wise as well as economy wise.

The point I was making the structure of the potential force.

I still think without war we are not going to conclude meaningful peace or Kur-Arax borders.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

• Nothing major is going to happen in the short term. We might see some attacks like in the past that will result in some minor adjustments of the borders in one direction or the other.
                  It is going to take a generation for their demands to dissipate. Major shift of policy and demands will change if oil prices will stay under $50 for two more years. Most likely it will result in toppling the dictator and them focusing on their economy and well being (good luck!).

Comment

• Like was said, even if you can see 30km into their zone, that only means we're going to defend and make it hard for them to surprise. But that's just one way.

If if we have the ability for 30km, we should be connecting that info to our tochka missiles. The second there is a critical gathering of troops, we launch the first attack.

That's how Israel won its biggest wars. They're the aggressor. That's why we need to be aggressive too.

2/3rd of our forces should be in defensive posture, 1/3 should be ready to go on the offense. That's how you win peace for artsakh, you make the Azeris sue for peace!

Comment

• Originally posted by Azad View Post
                      Nothing major is going to happen in the short term. We might see some attacks like in the past that will result in some minor adjustments of the borders in one direction or the other.
                      It is going to take a generation for their demands to dissipate. Major shift of policy and demands will change if oil prices will stay under $50 for two more years. Most likely it will result in toppling the dictator and them focusing on their economy and well being (good luck!).
                      I don't think it is right to pin our hopes on oil prices.
                      How about if azeris start something (what am I saying, azeris have never stoped. They just do war on diffrent levels and intensities depending what they can get away with) because of low oil prices? Because of imminent economic collapse?
                      Even if not major, but several small events can change the political atmosphere.
                      Every time azeris try something and get kicked in the balls the world goes "oh sure, Azerbaijan can never achieve military vicory".
                      But that is short lived like the world memory is and because of caviar and bribes. And then Azerbaijan trying to impress with arms purchase and bellicose rethoric plus acting on frontline like it is a winner. And then everybody acts as Baku needs? Including our weak diplomatic establishment.
                      I red a stupid article, I think Italian, that Azerbaijan has won the arms race. The article was written as if azeris won the war, not the other way around.
                      In short, today, our government and army has to get and be ready to deal a crashing defeat to azeris. Not just answering to azeri actions.
                      It is time to act decisively in ending this conflict. To stop this slow bleeding.

Comment

Working...
                      X