Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
    I more-or-less agree with everything you said, especially the proposal for giving diasporan Armenians a chance to get military training in Armenia. However, besides the obvious cost obstacle for implementing such a program, such a program would potentially make the Armenian military vulnerable to infiltration by foreign agents. Importing diasporan Armenians into the structures of the Armenian armed forces poses a significant risk to the security of the Armenian Republic. I think many of us have a very romantic view of Armenians in the diaspora, or Armenians in general. Also, take into consideration that Armenians in general are not a warlike people. Before attempting any of your good suggestions we as a nation should first work on implementing a serious indoctrination program in Armenia that seeks to instill - nationalism - in the people. Nationalism/patriotism is fundamental to this particular discussion and to this general topic. A people that does not poses the fundamental tenets of nationalism is doomed to failure. Today, only a small core of Armenians in the Armenian diaspora and the Armenian nation can be considered nationalists. Let's work on creating nationalists first.
    I agree with one part, disagree with the other!

The part about Nationalism, and seeding nationalism in the new generations both in the homeland and diaspora...is positively 100% CORRECT!

The part i don't agree with is the part about letting "foreigners" into our army's structure! Well! i didn't mean it that way! maybe u misunderstood me!
    Diasporan Armenians shouldn't be allowed to actually "integrate" in the army! Diasporan men would be taken to a training camp somewhere in Armenia, where they would train for 2 months on simple processes!
    Learning to Drive a military truck, or to use a sniper weapon, or how to properly fire an AK-74 is hardly considered "giving out secrets"!
    Diasporians would simply learn to do these functions and get back home after 2 months without even being allowed to visit a single military base!
    Such a plan would be carried out in an isolated training ground away from military installations!
    All the army would provide is a couple of trainers & the ammunition for the guns! I'm not asking them to teach us how to launch a S-300 missile! I'm talking about small functions:
    1. Driving Trucks
    2. Sniper Weapons
    3. AK-47s, 74s
    4. RPGs

Let's be honest! Who in the diaspora would follow such a program? who would sacrifice 2 months of his summer to do this?
    I tell u who! The same people who are ready to go fight & die for Armenia whenever she needs us! The same ppl who would volunteer if God forbid a war started in Karabakh!
    These volunteers instead of going to Karabakh in case of need & dieing in vain just bcoz they didn't have time to properly learn how to aim their weapons..in this scenario would at least reach to the homeland's help as "trained men" not as humble souls who are ready to fight like lions but due to lack of training they loose their lives during the first combats!

There's nothing more powerful than the heart of a volunteer! unfortunately u can't fight with ur heart alone! U need to know how to use ur weapon!

Comment

Compare the Russian statement (1st link) with the american one.

For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

I don't understand why Armenia does not demand the immediate disqualification of Mathj3w Bryza on the terms that he has a conflict of interest. Few know that Bryza is married to a high-profile Turk named Zeyno Baran. They got married in Istanbul for Armenia's sake! The Hurriyet newspaper of Turkey even covered their wedding much to their joy that a man of his stature is now under their de facto control.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

I wonder that too. Also, why we didn't take turkey to court either, now one might say because we are in talks with them, but what about the last few years or the late 90s?

There are many things which we are no aware of but I think getting bryza kicked out would be possible. Can you imagine the azeri reaction if bryza had married an Armenian?
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

Military training can help instill a sense of patriotism especially for diaspora Armenians who are volunteers. Even if there is a possibility of some Armenians joining who have other agendas it would be wise to limit security access accross the board for any non-citizen Armenians who train for service.
            In the US military for example how many average soldiers have access to secret information that a foreign intelligence service would not be able to get on their own?

Comment

Presenting the latest in Armenian arms production: VAHAN

The main characteristics of VAHAN:

1 Caliber 5.45
              2 Bullet 5.45*39
              3 The initial speed of the bullet 1000 m/sec.
              4 The length of the barrel 415 mm
              5 The weight with the empty magazine and without the optics system 3.85 kg
              6 The loading capacity of the magazine 30/45
              7 Effective range with
              mechanical target 500 m
              optical target up to 1000 m
              8 Rate of fire 800 rounds per minute
              9 Type Automatic, self-loading
              10 Principle of the operation Closed-bolt with a built in firing pin
              11 Maximal length of the firearm 920 mm
              12 The length with the folded spade grip 725 mm
              13 Barrel Can be dismantled, NATO compatible cartridges are applicable
              14 Optics 4.5 times

Presentation of VAHAN (on YouTube) by inventor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7u-Z0LizWs

Official website: http://www.vahangun.com/home.html
              Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                Presenting the latest in Armenian arms production: VAHAN

The main characteristics of VAHAN:

1 Caliber 5.45
                2 Bullet 5.45*39
                3 The initial speed of the bullet 1000 m/sec.
                4 The length of the barrel 415 mm
                5 The weight with the empty magazine and without the optics system 3.85 kg
                6 The loading capacity of the magazine 30/45
                7 Effective range with
                mechanical target 500 m
                optical target up to 1000 m
                8 Rate of fire 800 rounds per minute
                9 Type Automatic, self-loading
                10 Principle of the operation Closed-bolt with a built in firing pin
                11 Maximal length of the firearm 920 mm
                12 The length with the folded spade grip 725 mm
                13 Barrel Can be dismantled, NATO compatible cartridges are applicable
                14 Optics 4.5 times

Presentation of VAHAN (on YouTube) by inventor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7u-Z0LizWs

Official website: http://www.vahangun.com/home.html
                that looks really great

Comment

I gotta get me a Vahan!

Comment

I thought Baran was Jewish (Sephardim)?

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                      that looks really great
                      It looks like the progeny of AK-47 and an M16.

It's overall design resembles and AK-47, but the calliber is more in line with an M-16. It looks like it could be a highly reliable and accurate weapon.

I like it.

Comment

Working...
                      X