Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

December 17, 2012
    Azerbaijan nabs Iranian agents setting trap for Israel-made drone

Last week, the Azerbaijani police rounded up six Iranian agents who had infiltrated the country and were looking for the air bases where their government housed the drones purchased from Israel. The spies were found in possession of cash, fake passports, automatic pistols, advanced electronic equipment for tracking aircraft and electronic warfare devices for jamming flying vehicles and down them. Questioning the detainees uncovered an Iranian plot to capture one of the Israel-made UAVs as it flew over the Caspian Sea.

debka.com/article/22620/Azerbaijan-nabs-Iranian-agents-setting-trap-for-Israel-made-drone
    Last edited by gokorik; 12-17-2012, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Are they this stupid ?
      Azerbaijan and Turkish company to design Ejder armored personnel carrier
      Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry and the Turkish company “Nurol Makina ve Sanayi” are considering the opportunities of designing Ejder ("Dragon") armored personnel carrier (APC).

APA reports exclusively that one Ejder armored personnel carrier has already been brought to Baku. At present, the compatibility of this vehicle to local condition and production opportunities are being tested at the experimental-research factory of the Ministry of Defense Industry.

Ejder 6x6 wheeled armored personnel carrier differs from the other vehicles used in Azerbaijan, including the CIS armies for its ballistic protection and mainly protection against mines and improvised explosive devices. APC has the ability of amphibians.

Currently, APCs like Ejder are included into the inventory of the Turkish and Georgian Armed Forces. Georgia purchased about 100 Ejder armored personnel carriers from Turkey in 2006-2008.
      http://en.apa.az/upload/images/news/...b9bc345b08.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by haydavid View Post
        Are they this stupid ?

Not really.

They will be used as Baku Taxis.
        Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
        Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
        Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Are they this stupid ?
          On a more serious note this behaviour is a classic for somebody wants to do something but cannot ( is snookered) and his actions are irrational and do not have a logic, frequently contradicting himself.

He has the grand goal, has announced and had it for the past 5-10 years of retaking Karabagh.

He goes and buys multi billion dollars worth of arms from some of the best sources possible. So he should not be short of a few bullets.

Now instead of taking action as promised ..... more like thundered ! ..... decides to go to his garage to design and build some super-duper APC.
          If we ignore the possibility of him putting butter on both side of the bread for his clique and buying their loyalties it does not make sense.

Such a project would need a good 3-5 years of work in a fairly industrialised country, building plant and geared up with machinery etc..
          Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
          Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
          Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

If fighting does resume does anyone here have info on how to join diaspora groups who will take part in the fighting? I would like to participate if hostilities resume.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Defense Army of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                If fighting does resume does anyone here have info on how to join diaspora groups who will take part in the fighting? I would like to participate if hostilities resume.
                Really ? Courageous from you . Also it will not be that hard if you can speak Armenian . If you can't just go there and I am sure you will find someone who speaks english and could help you
                Also have you been to an army ? Do you have any experience?

Comment

What the hell is this ?
                  Armenian soldier wants to surrender to Azerbaijani Army
                  Aghdam. Teymur Zahidoghlu – APA. A soldier of Armenian army that has been occupying the territories of Azerbaijan wanted to pass from the occupied Bash Garvand village of Aghdam region to the area controlled by the Azerbaijani Army.

APA’s Karabakh bureau reports that the incident has occurred today.

The witnesses told APA that the serviceman was shot by the soldiers of Armenian army on the neutral position between the troops. It is unknown whether he was killed or wounded.

Similar attempts have been repeatedly made by the soldiers of Armenian army in the military units in Nagorno Karabakh.

Comment

Yeh of course i speak armenian a little bit of russian to. Im a great shot with a rifle and will not hesitate to use it in defense of my people and homeland. My biggest problem is that my stomache does not handle the water there well-i always get sick and must use lots of pepto bismal. Anyone have suggestions on how to deal with that issue?
                    Really ? Courageous from you . Also it will not be that hard if you can speak Armenian . If you can't just go there and I am sure you will find someone who speaks english and could help you
                    Also have you been to an army ? Do you have any experience?
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      Yeh of course i speak armenian a little bit of russian to. Im a great shot with a rifle and will not hesitate to use it in defense of my people and homeland. My biggest problem is that my stomache does not handle the water there well-i always get sick and must use lots of pepto bismal. Anyone have suggestions on how to deal with that issue?
                      You know , maybe its because the food you eat. If you go in Armenia , and if you go during war ( hope not) you will not eat that much and certainly not things you eat usually . Also you will move much more than you probably do now ,so your organism will work better, and your problem will maybe go .

And how will your family and friends react if you say that you will go to war ? Mine would never let me ...

Comment

Working...
                      X