Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
    Yes but Russia sees Turkey as a reliable ally who buys 58% of its gas from Russia.
    While she slaughters turks in Syria....I swear people are so retarded. Almost a century of no Turkish invasion thanks to Russian protection and idiots still do not understand xxxx. I want to see how this could have happened without Russia? No you have no answers, ever, never, but hey don't let that stop you from pissing on the only one who guards you. Yeh we have no real airforce now and without Russia you think we would? On what budget? How? ... I am sure logic and reason are far above your comprehension but do not worry USA will arm ISIS and they will surely protect all Armenians...
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
          While she slaughters turks in Syria....I swear people are so retarded. Almost a century of no Turkish invasion thanks to Russian protection and idiots still do not understand xxxx. I want to see how this could have happened without Russia? No you have no answers, ever, never, but hey don't let that stop you from pissing on the only one who guards you. Yeh we have no real airforce now and without Russia you think we would? On what budget? How? ... I am sure logic and reason are far above your comprehension but do not worry USA will arm ISIS and they will surely protect all Armenians...
          You mad bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            Oh..and where in my sentence did I talk about USA?

Comment

Originally posted by Armynia View Post
              Really! sounds like an vassal

When those two turkish military helicopters entered Armenian air space recently and stayed for three minutes while we did not respond. And you like regional air defense system is significant news. that is bull crap

Armenian air defense and air force has to function properly in the first place, and that is more significant to Armenian people.
              Those helicopters:
              1) Werent armed
              2) Transport Helis
              Even if they entered for 3 minutes ( Although they confirmed that it was due to the bad weather conditions) Can you imagine if we shot them down then what would it happen ?

We are not cowards. im more than sure that if those were attack helis and were armed it was downed after the second warning. but we do not need any tense situation with Turkey, At least now.
              Just know that any war plane to enter Armenia's air space is a matter of 3-4 minutes to be shot down.

Comment

Armenian Army
                Special forces

Comment

Originally posted by Armynia View Post
                  Really! sounds like an vassal

When those two turkish military helicopters entered Armenian air space recently and stayed for three minutes while we did not respond. And you like regional air defense system is significant news. that is bull crap

Armenian air defense and air force has to function properly in the first place, and that is more significant to Armenian people.
                  Many countries with Armenia's size and economy don't have and cannot even afford to have any air defense to put up against a NATO country.
                  Nowadays every viable air defense in world, especially even Europe can only accomplish defense as part of larger group.
                  Even countries like Poland are part of NATO system.
                  So unified air defense is not a bull crap ( if you keep your level of control).

Comment

I read all your comments, here are a few points i want to make:

1. As I read in the news when the turkish helis entered, russian MiG-29s were dispatched but the helis left our skies before they could reach them.

2. I know some Armenians are so enthusiastic in shooting down turkish helicopters but face it, you can't just shoot down turkish helis without a proper warning..some guys here remind me of John McCain, the invincible american who thinks he'll conquer Iran in 1 day. Turkey is a major power and we know that...those helis did not have any aggressive posture, they left quickly, the turks clarified that it was a weather issue...you just don't shoot every aircraft that enters your airspace. To be more detailed, it usually takes ground control a few minutes to identify an aircraft...some of u have the idea that there's an imaginary line which when something crosses our missiles would be fired to destroy it! It's not like that...you have to identify the aircraft 1st...what if they were civilian helicopters which lost their way and you shot them down? What then?...before we identified them they left the airspace...no harms done...keep calm and stop acting like rambo..

3. Russia's in a business relationship with azerbaijan and turkey...if you expect a country like Russia to stop its multibillion dollar deals so that some "over enthusiastic" armenians feel better...you're mistaken. Armenia is Russia's ally...and Russia's presence in Armenia has kept both azeris and turks at bay for the past 21 years...please tell me how were you planning to defend armenia against turkey and azerbaijan for the past 2 decades without Russia? Or how you plan to do it without Russia's support for the coming 40 years? How are you planning to build and maintain a multibillion dollar army that can fight against 1 million active turkish/azeri soldiers without proper supply lines? If you don't have a plan for that...zip your mouth and let our relationship with Armenia continue without you nonsense comments...

Finally, Armenians in general would live in a much better country if our people (both in Armenia and diaspora) understand that there are no "zero sum" games in politics. Russia can court azerbaijan but prevent it from attacking us at the same time...relationship between countries are based on interests, the sooner our people grasp it, the better life would be for all of us. And frankly said...despite the fact that i have major reservations towards the current leadership in Armenia in terms of economic strategies...i have to say politically speaking...what they're accomplishing in terms of balance between a rising "power hungry" russia (which is more like a regional bully), a europe which promises but doesn't deliver and a US that is doing it's best to fund internal strifes...in a neighborhood where we're surrounded by turks and georgians...i think they are doing a great job!
                    Last edited by ArmeniaSacra; 10-24-2015, 06:41 AM.

Comment

"...i have to say politically speaking...what they're accomplishing in terms of balance between a rising "power hungry" russia (which is more like a regional bully), a europe which promises but doesn't deliver and a US that is doing it's best to fund internal strifes...in a neighborhood where we're surrounded by turks and georgians...i think they are doing a great job! "
                      Well said!
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X