Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
    My understanding is that decisions in the Eurasian Economic Union are taken unanimously.

Hopefully Armenia will not be intimidated and block Azerbaijan entering that union.

Honestly the EEU is hardly an actual organization. It's something to keep Russians and Putin feeling good about themselves, but in reality it has very little significance. It's a sinking ship, one which Armenia has very little in connection with outside of Russia. It's rules are hardly followed, as they are picked and chosen from, as it suits the members. I know the opponents to it made such a big deal about it, and how it was going to change things, but in reality it changed nothing. It's just an imaginary club to make Putin make himself feel better, just like the many that existed before it. It can't ever realistically function like a successful economic organization based on rules and regulations when rule of law is non existent in its members states, and the ruling elite in those places are so used to doing as they wish. Russian with its declining economy really can't force anyone to do much, at least not the Belarus and Kazakestan. Armenia joined it because of the gas, and the military assistance, the Armenian community there, and in general to keep Russia happy. However, the best thing it can do is stay as independent as possible, and I believe those in charge of Armenia are smart enough to know that. The idea of a common currency is a joke, considering the currency of the other members has collapsed and Armenia's is so stable. Armenia and Azerbaijan were in the CSTO together for five years, and this is gonna become less relevant than that, so why not.

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
    Azeri taxi driver tells that their dead are numbering thousands. He says that people call each other or relatives and find out.
    From one village 300 from another a couple hundred are "gone".
    But to be fair, if we were going to go with what Taxi drivers say, according to Armenian taxi drivers Armenia is worse than Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
      Honestly the EEU is hardly an actual organization. It's something to keep Russians and Putin feeling good about themselves, but in reality it has very little significance. It's a sinking ship, one which Armenia has very little in connection with outside of Russia. It's rules are hardly followed, as they are picked and chosen from, as it suits the members. I know the opponents to it made such a big deal about it, and how it was going to change things, but in reality it changed nothing. It's just an imaginary club to make Putin make himself feel better, just like the many that existed before it. It can't ever realistically function like a successful economic organization based on rules and regulations when rule of law is non existent in its members states, and the ruling elite in those places are so used to doing as they wish. Russian with its declining economy really can't force anyone to do much, at least not the Belarus and Kazakestan. Armenia joined it because of the gas, and the military assistance, the Armenian community there, and in general to keep Russia happy. However, the best thing it can do is stay as independent as possible, and I believe those in charge of Armenia are smart enough to know that. The idea of a common currency is a joke, considering the currency of the other members has collapsed and Armenia's is so stable. Armenia and Azerbaijan were in the CSTO together for five years, and this is gonna become less relevant than that, so why not.

But to be fair, if we were going to go with what Taxi drivers say, according to Armenian taxi drivers Armenia is worse than Afghanistan
      Very true. I had my fair share with taxi drivers. One guy wanted 5000 dram from Kentron to Avan near the Defense Ministry. I catch that ride everyday and its max 1400 dram. Secondly another told me to just give him 10000 dram so that he can celebrate his sons birthday. Watch out for him. He drives an ugly burgundy Opel and his name is Artyom. Always sits in front of Marriott.

Comment

Originally posted by ASALA2116 View Post
        Very true. I had my fair share with taxi drivers. One guy wanted 5000 dram from Kentron to Avan near the Defense Ministry. I catch that ride everyday and its max 1400 dram. Secondly another told me to just give him 10000 dram so that he can celebrate his sons birthday. Watch out for him. He drives an ugly burgundy Opel and his name is Artyom. Always sits in front of Marriott.
        There are plenty of Artyoms and I actually think I know who you're referring to

Comment

Originally posted by gokorik View Post
          The way I want to do it? To get recognition? Bro what are you talking about? All I'm saying is if someone were to try to send something they should talk to a lawyer and not assume they know everything...
          From USA its no problem and no laws that stops you from sending off the shelf items. The export/Import laws are subject to big corporations and businesses and its to stop secret items to be sold to foreign countries and off course TAX.

The recognition will be for your team with a name say (Free Artsakh)......a none profit organisation that sends equipments cleared by customs to Armenia. That it buddy.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
            From USA its no problem and no laws that stops you from sending off the shelf items. The export/Import laws are subject to big corporations and businesses and its to stop secret items to be sold to foreign countries and off course TAX.

The recognition will be for your team with a name say (Free Artsakh)......a none profit organisation that sends equipments cleared by customs to Armenia. That it buddy.
            I don't give a shxt about recognition. Write me from federal prison bud.

Comment

By getting recognition you will get more support. This is not about you, don't flatter yourself........this is for Artsakh.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by gokorik View Post
                I don't give a shxt about recognition. Write me from federal prison bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
                  How I see it sending items such as NVG'S to Armenia is a felony under US federal law.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                    By getting recognition you will get more support. This is not about you, don't flatter yourself........this is for Artsakh.
                    I'm not flattered just thought you were implying I was in it for the attention. I just don't want someone to read your post and do something that in my opinion is a felony here in the US.

Comment

Quick question, does anyone know how many S-300 systems Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh posses overall? Also, I've heard occasional rumors that we have a s-400 systems, any truth to this?

Comment

Working...
                      X