Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
    Why are they speaking Russian? This video doesn't look like it's from NKR
    Does it sound Russian? I don't speak Russian but I think it's Karabakh accent Armenian. Doesn't he say at in the begin motikanuma and at 0:30 trakets , dzen ekav ? Karabakh accent sounds totally different than Armenian ^^
    Anyway the one who posted the video on his channel has also many other army videos so I think its legit

Comment

Russian weapons. Therefore, use Russian technical term "Узкий луч" ("narrow beam")
      Last edited by burjuin; 04-16-2016, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
        This ASALA dude needs to take some chill pill...
        Bro your mate reckons I'm an Azeri troll. I find that rather insulting. If I'm a troll give me a call. End of story. Now back to the page.

Comment

Originally posted by argin View Post
          Buhahahahaha and yet I thought there wasn't such a thing called funny articles,gentlemen here's one enjoy

Defense Ministry: Azerbaijani Army controls all of liberated heights, holding at gunpoint Armenian military facilities

Baku. Hafiz Heydarov – APA. Armenian Defense Minister Seyran Ohanyan’s belated recognition of recent developments on the contact line is nothing but another unsuccessful attempt of the defeated “warlord” to justify himself, the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry said in a statement on Friday.
          The statement reads below:

Ohanyan’s statements, which do not reflect real events and situation, are cliché sentences copied from the past century’s combat charters.

If the Armenians claim that they did not make use of combat reserves and their tank crewmen fought “skillfully and valiantly,” why do they forget to admit that up to 30 Armenian tanks sent from the depth of defense, moving in colons, and tens of artillery pieces were destroyed?”, the statement said.

A couples days ago, the Armenian side claimed that Azerbaijan had launched a large-scale offensive with the participation of four military formations. Now Ohanyan, having forgotten the point, is trying to make his people believe that the clashes had taken place between platoons.

Ohanyan’s statements that the Armenian army allegedly has more powerful weaponry at its disposal are absurd. A question arises: if they had such weapons, who stopped him from using those weapons? We’re sure that if the Armenian invaders had any such weapons, they would not have hesitated to use them. Perhaps, Ohanyan was talking about the outdated weapons in military bases in Armenia, left from the Soviet period, or chemical weapons handmade by “Armenian masters”? If so, the enemy needs to keep in mind that in case they use this weapon or violates the ceasefire, threatening the civilians’ security, then our retaliation will be more precise, more decisive, and sterner.

Another issue is that Ohanyan’s claims that they have great mobilization resources, volunteers and a strong army failed on the very first day.

If they take into account the volunteers, who are starving in misery, do not have any support, not even receive a pension and gather “for a piece of bread’, and the despised executioners with blood-stained hands in the murder of civilians and the elderly, forcibly placed in trenches, maybe then they can claim that Armenia has mobilization resources. Ohanyan’s comparison of the Armenian army with our Armed Forces is his fantasy and dream that is impossible to be realized. The power of the Azerbaijan Army is already a reality and the recent events once again proved it.

As for Ohanyan’s claims on the positions on the frontline, the task assigned to our military units during the hostilities caused by the Armenian subversive acts is to ensure the safety of the people living along frontline. Our army, which took control of the strategic heights around these settlements, has fulfilled this task successfully.

Claims that the Armenian military units are controlled at a high level are ridiculous. From the very beginning, we have witnessed the primitiveness of this control system which they touted. The enemy army was paralyzed from the first strikes of the Azerbaijani military units. Military operations have shown that provision and supply of Armenian armed forces and involvement of additional forces are in chaotic state. These events once again proved in what a deplorable situation are Armenian soldiers.

Contrary to the pathetic statements, empty dreams and utopian claims of the Armenian military and political leadership, strikes of our military units were so unexpected and destroyed their ‘dreams of victory’. Because in the course of the counter-offensive, we have taken electronic warfare measures against the enemy and conducted aerial surveillance of the enemy positions. The strikes of the Azerbaijani side on enemy forces were so devastating that the opposite side has been able to respond to us only after two days. This was made possible only after a partial stability that emerged as a result of persistent requests of intermediaries on the cessation of hospitalities in response to Armenians’ pleas to the whole world.

We inform you that thanks to the unity of the army and the people, attention and care of the country’s leadership, as well as courage and heroism, Azerbaijani soldiers defeated the enemy forces and forced them to flee.

Azerbaijani Armed Forces control all of liberated heights, holding at gunpoint the military facilities deep inside the enemy lines. Azerbaijani Armed Forces are always ready to strike at enemy positions. Just this fact make the Armenians be in fear and panic.
          "Volunteers starving in misery. " ? Our volunteers were laughing and dancing. Is the Azerbaijan Defense Ministry smoking too much crack ?

Comment

Originally posted by ASALA2116 View Post
            Bro your mate reckons I'm an Azeri troll. I find that rather insulting. If I'm a troll give me a call. End of story. Now back to the page.
            Everything is cool. Just don't trust Azeri sources cz theyre liars.

Comment

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
              On the TV screen of the optical viewfinder can be seen the inscription JAMHAR DD
              It is SAM Osa-AKM modernized by Armenian company "JAMHAR DD"

Comment

Originally posted by haydavid View Post
                Does it sound Russian? I don't speak Russian but I think it's Karabakh accent Armenian. Doesn't he say at in the begin motikanuma and at 0:30 trakets , dzen ekav ? Karabakh accent sounds totally different than Armenian ^^
                Anyway the one who posted the video on his channel has also many other army videos so I think its legit
                Yes you're right

Comment

Let's discuss:

YEREVAN, APRIL 14, ARMENPRESS. Political aspects of the causes of the start of the April war will be discussed for a long time: many geopolitical, economic and other reasons will be propounded, but the fact is that Azerbaijan has calculated several things. Over the past years Azerbaijan has purchased a large number of new types of weapons and had confidence that this modern weaponry would provide an inevitable victory. At the same time they knew that the Armenian side started major acquisitions, the huge part of which is still underway. If we add the fact that the spending of the Azerbaijani armed forces have been drastically reduced, then it can be assumed that this was the right time for them to try make a “blitzkrieg”.
                  General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
                    I did found out their exact location, next village of Banchunistan.

=======
                    PS: I know you gave no information worth a dram.
                    Nevertheless we all must learn not to give any kind of info, of any sort, on any location.
                    Our MOD says so, so just respect discipline.
                    All of us, not you personally.
                    But you just gave the exact location LOL

Comment

Originally posted by burjuin View Post
                      On the TV screen of the optical viewfinder can be seen the inscription JAMHAR DD
                      It is SAM Osa-AKM modernized by Armenian company "JAMHAR DD"
                      "Now here is a Country that we don’t often hear much about, but it has a tale worth telling. Armenia is located in the deep southeast corner of the central European block of CIS and known to Russia as the Northern Caucasus District. For many years Russian has had a heavy air defence (AD) equipment presence around Yerevan, which is the capital City of Armenia and the location of the 102nd Military Base at Gyumri, where all radar is under Russian control, and little elsewhere, so it may not be too surprising that the Yerevan Scientific Research Institute of Communications has announced development of a trio of air defence radars much along the lines, it seems, to the Russian approach with it’s 55Zh6ME NEBO M Series; VHF-band RLM-M, D-band RLM-D and GHI-band RLM-S although the Armenian’s air defence system has not yet been linked to any specific weapons.

Whilst Armenia is known to have improved a couple of its imported radars from Russia, for example the 9K33 Osa-AK radars had their Russian UV-67 TWTs replaced with broad-band, solid-state, low-noise ShUVC-75 TWTs from the Armenian Company Jamhar-DD. This same Company also provided the ShUVC-15N upgrades to replace the original UV-15N in their SNR-125M LOW BLOW radars, but the Armenian’s reported trio of new radars is believed to be the Country’s first indigenous military products of their type.

The radars are identified as MShR-200, a probable A-band system that looks similar to P-18 SPOON REST; MON-3 and MON-5, possible E- and D-band systems respectively whose antennas are not too dissimilar to the South African UMKHONTO and the Chinese Type 305B respectively, although not to suggest that there might have been any input directly from those sources, but they do have attributes to commend them.

Based on available drawings, the MON-3 has a possible 6x10 phased array, which would be quite small for an E-band system, but there may have been financial constraints. Similarly so with the MON-5 that appears to have a folding AESA array of two 8x10 (total 160) transmit – receive modules (TRM). One leading question perhaps is where would Armenia have found the budget to develop such system, especially if it was from base zero. Guestimating, perhaps, with the recognition that it would lose some important military electronics production capability in the Ukraine, Russia has looked elsewhere for more ‘friendly’ solutions, and that might just be Armenia in the short term, although Russia has announced that it intends to offset its losses nearer to Moscow. We will have to wait and see."

Provides detailed radar information is support of electronic warfare research and development.

Comment

Working...
                      X