Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
    Սերժ Սարգսյանն ազատել է բարձրաստիճան զինվորականների
    Lragir.am
    Ներքին կյանք - 26 Ապրիլի 2016

Սերժ Սարգսյանը ստորագրել է հրամանագրեր, ըստ որոնց.

Ալիկ ՄԻՐԶԱԲԵԿՅԱՆՆ ազատվել է Հայաստանի Հանրապետության պաշտպանության նախարարի տեղակալ-նյութատեխնիկական ապահովման դեպարտամենտի պետի պաշտոնից։
    Գեներալ-մայոր Արշակ ԿԱՐԱՊԵՏՅԱՆՆ ազատվել է Հայաստանի Հանրապետության զինված ուժերի գլխավոր շտաբի հետախուզության վարչության պետի պաշտոնից։
    Գեներալ-մայոր Կոմիտաս ՄՈՒՐԱԴՅԱՆՆ ազատվել է Հայաստանի Հանրապետության զինված ուժերի կապի զորքերի պետ–կապի և ավտոմատացված կառավարման համակարգերի վարչության պետի պաշտոնից։

Փաստորեն, աշխատանքից ազատվել են այն պաշտոնյաները, որոնք անմիջապես պատասխանատու են եղել կապի, հետախուզության ու բանակի մատակարարումների համար: Հենց այս ուղղությամբ են եղել ամենամեծ դժգոհությունները քառօրյա պատերազմից հետո:
    This is big. 3 high-ranking army officials thrown out..

Comment

Not my words, I have to agree.

"So far I have failed to see a single FLIR device in Armenian inventory, thermal sights basically."
      Last edited by armnuke; 04-26-2016, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Armenians of Russia transfer 16 “UAZ” vehicles to NKR Defense Army

YEREVAN, APRIL 26, ARMENPRESS. 16 “UAZ” vehicles were allocated to the NKR Defense Army by representatives of Armenian communities of Sochi, Adler, Khosta and Lazarevsk. The ceremony took place in Stepanakert’s Revival Square on April 25. The event was attended by Deputy PM of NKR Artur Aghabekyan and government officials; “Armenpress” was informed by the department of Information and Public Relations of the NKR government.

NKR PM Arayik Harutyunyan later received the delegations of the abovementioned Russian cities.

Harutyunyan expressed gratitude for their support.

“This unity, that has been formed during these days around Artsakh by Diaspora Armenians, once again proves the victorious Armenian spirit. On behalf of the people of Artsakh I express gratitude to Armenians of Sochi, Adler, Khosta and Lazarevsk, as well as all Armenians abroad, who are standing with Artsakh”, the PM said.

Comment

these xxxxers keep mentioning 'liberated' territory,they keep implying on various other articles that they posses heights around tallish,and sulsilan village,which I'm unsure of,i know supposed capture of hadrut is bs because,we can't simply keep that a secret

Azerbaijani defense minister visits frontline

Baku – APA. Azerbaijani Defense Minister, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov visited the military units on frontline on April 26.
          Hasanov met with the military personnel, who are on duty on the recently liberated territories, and got acquainted with their combat, moral and psychological training, the Defense Ministry told APA.

The defense minister watched the enemy positions from the common post of one of the units on the frontline, after which he was briefed on the operational situation and activities carried out on the defense line.

The military personnel stated that they faithfully serve the motherland and the people and are ready to fulfill the task of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief to liberate the occupied Azerbaijani territories.

Comment

Originally posted by argin View Post
            these xxxxers keep mentioning 'liberated' territory,they keep implying on various other articles that they posses heights around tallish,and sulsilan village,which I'm unsure of,i know supposed capture of hadrut is bs because,we can't simply keep that a secret

Azerbaijani defense minister visits frontline

Baku – APA. Azerbaijani Defense Minister, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov visited the military units on frontline on April 26.
            Hasanov met with the military personnel, who are on duty on the recently liberated territories, and got acquainted with their combat, moral and psychological training, the Defense Ministry told APA.

The defense minister watched the enemy positions from the common post of one of the units on the frontline, after which he was briefed on the operational situation and activities carried out on the defense line.

The military personnel stated that they faithfully serve the motherland and the people and are ready to fulfill the task of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief to liberate the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
            It's all for internal consumption. It's like North Korean news. You just gotta laugh at it, because they really believe this stuff.

Comment

Senior Armenian Military Officials Sacked

President Serzh Sarkisian dismissed three senior Armenian military officials on Tuesday more than three weeks after the outbreak of heavy fighting around Nagorno-Karabakh that nearly escalated into a full-scale Armenian-Azerbaijani war.

Sarkisian’s press office gave no reasons for presidential decrees that relieved Deputy Defense Minister Alik Mirzabekian, General Arshak Karapetian, the military intelligence chief, and General Komitas Muradian, the commander of the Armenian army’s communication units, of their duties.

Mirzabekian also headed the Armenian Defense Ministry’s Department on Material-Technical Procurements charged with supplying Armenia’s Armed Forces with weapons and ammunition.

The presidential office could not be reached for comment. The Defense Ministry spokesman, Artsrun Hovannisian, declined to comment on the sackings.

Koryun Nahapetian, the pro-government chairman of an Armenian parliament committee on defense and security, confirmed that they resulted from “shortcomings” in the Armenian military’s response to the April 2 Azerbaijani offensive in Karabakh. About 80 Armenian soldiers and volunteers were killed during four-day hostilities stopped by a Russian-brokered ceasefire.

“It is obvious that the four-day war exposed new problems that need to be addressed promptly,” Nahapetian “Also, time is needed for a comprehensive analysis of shortcomings and omissions that exist in our national security system.”

The Azerbaijani assault seems to have taken Armenia’s and Karabakh’s armed forces by surprise. Azerbaijani troops captured several heights at northern and southern sections of the Karabakh “line of contact” but failed to advance farther. According to independent sources in Baku, at least 92 Azerbaijani soldiers, many of them members of special forces, died in action.

The hostilities raised questions about the Armenian army’s apparent lack of prior knowledge of the assault. Critics also suggested that Armenian frontline troops did not have sufficient modern weapons and other military equipment when they came under attack.

Sarkisian insisted on Monday that the Azerbaijani offensive failed because it was aimed at achieving significant territorial gains that would have led to a “military solution” to the Karabakh conflict.” But he admitted that Armenian military intelligence failed to get “precise information” about it beforehand.

“Had we had [such intelligence] the Azerbaijanis would have suffered much greater losses and failed to seize those several meters [of land,]” Sarkisian told the Bloomberg news agency.

Levon Zurabian, a leader of the opposition Armenian National Congress, called for more sackings. “Many heads must roll now,” he told RFE/RL’s Armenian service (Azatutyun.am).“It’s only natural that such a process has begun.”

Zurabian stressed that the Sarkisian administration must not confine itself to personnel changes within the military. “We need to radically change the nature of our state,” he said. “What we have now is a criminal-oligarchic, corrupt system which has demonstrated its inadequacy in the face of external threats.”

President Serzh Sarkisian dismissed three senior Armenian military officials on Tuesday more than three weeks after the outbreak of heavy fighting around Nagorno-Karabakh that nearly escalated into a full-scale Armenian-Azerbaijani war.
              Last edited by armnuke; 04-26-2016, 10:42 AM.

Comment

I'm no military expert and I can feel the absence of the following in our military:

- Thermal imaging devices
                - Night vision goggles
                - Early detection radars
                - Drones
                - Camo netting

If I can feel the absence of these, how can our military not?
                Last edited by armnuke; 04-26-2016, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
                  I'm no military expert and I can feel the absence of the following in our military:

- Thermal imaging devices
                  - Night vision goggles
                  - Early detection radars
                  - Drones
                  - Camo netting

If I can feel the absence of these, how can our military not?
                  They were adressing the camouflage netting issue by producing under license some polish netting.

Thermal and night vision devices have been shown but they seem to be in very limited quantities. Main issue with these is they cost a lot not only to buy, but to maintain. A question to ask oneself is could that money go towards something else that could affect the military balance more significantly. The issue is limited funds available to the military forcing them to pick between night fighting equipment or other important systems. If they had the money I'm sure they would buy them.

Long story short the military has always known these shortfalls, the issue has always been funds.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by gokorik View Post
                      They were adressing the camouflage netting issue by producing under license some polish netting.

Thermal and night vision devices have been shown but they seem to be in very limited quantities. Main issue with these is they cost a lot not only to buy, but to maintain. A question to ask oneself is could that money go towards something else that could affect the military balance more significantly. The issue is limited funds available to the military forcing them to pick between night fighting equipment or other important systems. If they had the money I'm sure they would buy them.

Long story short the military has always known these shortfalls, the issue has always been funds.
                      I do hope this issue will be taken care of soon. I'm trying to imagine how can our guys shoot at incoming forces at night without night vision.

Comment

Working...
                      X