Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
    it's around 1 AM in Yerevan. Any clue about the situation on the front lines?

I'm sure there's something happening. Azeris are probably sniping and lobbing shells, missiles, etc.
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Comment

Would be nice but I actually think which ever side launches such large scale attacks will suffer huge losses and get bogged down- (at least in terms of the land east of the front near Hadrut/southern sector and east of Aghdam/middle sector)- though we can start to make those cities unlivable. Perhaps pressuring some of those cities east of the northern sector and north of the Mrav range might work. I have no doubt NKR forces can prevail in a large offensive but it will be costly.
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
          Would be nice but I actually think which ever side launches such large scale attacks will suffer huge losses and get bogged down- (at least in terms of the land east of the front near Hadrut/southern sector and east of Aghdam/middle sector)- though we can start to make those cities unlivable. Perhaps pressuring some of those cities east of the northern sector and north of the Mrav range might work. I have no doubt NKR forces can prevail in a large offensive but it will be costly.
          I have the same view concerning a large offensive, and yes we should make those cities unlivable.

Comment

I have the same view concerning a large offensive, and yes we should make those cities unlivable.
            Anything east of the Aghdam and Hardut can be taken at a high cost and also be held at high cost. It is flat, barren, and desert-like.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
              About Azery losses. We are comparing two different things here(wrong to do so).
              Our government is transparent about our losses. Azeri government keeps it secret. That 100 Azeri dead are proved by our government. Do you guys think that it is possible to say how many Azeris lost? Not untill they publish oficially(so it's not going to happen).
              What is left if to rely to estimates, military strategists guesses, our soldiers accounts and most of all bits and pieces of Intel, like Azeri phone conversations, coming from enemy. Above all it is a matter of belief.
              Anybody that refuses to accept anything other than Azeri official numbers actually helps Baku in coverup and propaganda.
              The real important point is what our and especially Azeri public believes. By listening to that phone conversation I could tell that some Azeris believe their dead are truckloads, hundreds and maybe thousands.
              Right after our MOD spokesman wrote (very briefly,unfortunetly) 2000 Azeri killed in his facebook, their Azeri opposition took that number in severely criticizing government.
              Because Azery official government keeps their dead a secret, we have a golden opportunity to declare and insist on a number (with our government and all media) that will spread more dispair and fear among Azeris. That will be great help to our army.
              Now, despite believing Azery dead number around 2000, I insist that actually they lost 1000 for sure. Prove me I am wrong.
              My proof is in the fact that their government keeps the info secret...

The war has already been going on. What you have after April 5 is a verbal lull agreed by our government to allow Azerbaijan to catch its breath after shock.
              Now that ease to Baku was given by our diplomatic weakness and Russia's largest nfluence. But it is abvious that both Baku and Moscow have used a valuable asset that cannot be used over and over if we are smart.
              Both Azerbaijan and Russia are going to have less and less room to maneuver. That guarantees intense war, but also, since our military performs brilliant so far, will give us more Political capital. If we are unified and smart.
              I agree completely.
              (1) we were caught by surprise, hence 3 top generals fired. The enemy made some advances at initial attack. Then we started rolling. The casualties suffered by our enemy that are beyond LoC can only be known to the enemy. We all know they are not going to tell the truth but rather hide the truth.
              Cannons are usually behind front line and often hit beyond front line. As Hacob and others have pointed out, artillery is truly devastating.thats provided our (OUR) aim is accurate. Anyone dought our people's shooting accuracy ?
              A hundred dead on their side is ridicules. But then is there any dought about how ridicules azer claims of virtually any sort are ? How about their claim to original ancestry of our lands ? How about their denial of being genocidal ?
              Their losses that were returned by us, plus us allowing them to gather other dead while we held fire are only the close up dead, not beyond our sight, but within artillery range (easily).
              Again I say ... The dead enemy is far greater (and) the wounded is emmense on their side.
              Please remember, traditionally Hayr aim first and then fire. We are not spray and pray people.
              Between the dead and wounded enemy, the loss is much greater than we will ever know. They (azer govt) will and is actively covering up, FOR SURE.
              The azur population --- does know --- their losses.
              Let us not bolster the turcic azer propaganda by agreeing with stupidly low enemy death count of only a hundred or so. That's their propaganda. Notice how they have basically copied our dead and wounded numbers.
              As Hacob pointed out, artillery is devastating. Anyone know how many artillery rounds we fired ?
              Again, as Hacob pointed out ... The azer turc didn't go running to russia to stop us for nothing.
              They (azer turc) were getting their "clocks cleaned" and in the initial stage of panick. That's why they RAN to Russia.
              The azur families know as well as hospitals. That's where we need to penetrate to find more realistic numbers. Not official azer coverup.

Comment

Comment

Azeris are tweeting that there are Armenian shells falling on Terter.

Comment

Artashes Jan, thanks for agreeing with me, and I fully agree with you except, we should not even bother what they say. We should force our belief and point of view to the world and most importantly to Azeris.
                    Trying to argue about scientific truth is ridiculous.
                    Our belief has to be most beneficial to us.
                    Can you imagine if at in the middle of war our government would factualise about very very large operational losses of azeris(no numbers, numbers should be pushed by us)?
                    Azeris were already in an animalistic panic.
                    But we sit down in our news media and forums and count what is correct and absolutely undeniable(irrelevant numbers) that we have proof of, and we are scientifically snd politically correct.
                    Our number can mislead us first of all. International community takes the most ridiculous Azeri news equal to our "honest thruth".
                    If there is an Azeri that has no immediate killed relative will think " our government says only 38. Even enemy says only 100. Thanks god it's not a disaster. Kill Armenians".
                    But a "disaster" it was for Azeris.
                    Why cannot we talk with them with their own language?
                    Last edited by Hakob; 04-27-2016, 03:04 PM.

Comment

While I don’t believe the Azeris quite threw the proverbial "kitchen sink" at the NKR forces (as they held back their air assets after losing 2 choppers and did not press the attack toward Aghdam), this was a large scale/three pronged offensive in which they gained a few pieces of high ground about 150 meters from their lines ( though losing any ground to them at all sucks, ultimately their new positions are not secure there and they paid a heavy price for it)- the Azeris have shown that they are not yet capable of launching a multi-pronged and coordinated offensive. They downgraded their objectives very quickly. As we've repeated ad nauseam, this was a learning experience- NKR forces will now be more vigilant and all measures and contingencies will be accounted for.

Another offensive will likely be coming this summer.
                      Last edited by Joseph; 04-27-2016, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X