Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
    ... makes sure to throw more shade on the west.
    I typically do not jump into these finger pointing. My stand is for what works for Armenia. “Throw more shade on the west” can you state ONE thing that the West did that benefited Armenia? ONE? other than accepting our population into they accelerated melting pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
      I typically do not jump into these finger pointing. My stand is for what works for Armenia. “Throw more shade on the west” can you state ONE thing that the West did that benefited Armenia? ONE? other than accepting our population into they accelerated melting pot.
      You've misunderstood my post completely, I would say I'm anti-west if anything. The purpose of my post was to point out how we have members on this board who have clear agendas to push our opinion toward a specific direction. I am nearly convinced Haykakan is either part russian or is affiliate with russia somehow.

In terms of EEU, it was absolutely a mistake. The beauty of what Sarkisian has done is that he has managed to keep Armenia semi-independent despite being at war and having so much opposition both domestically and abroad. But that being said the international community lost respect for Armenia when he made a complete 180 and signed up for EEU. We are forced to be in a union (EEU & CSTO) with countries who wish us harm.
      Last edited by Shant03; 05-17-2016, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
        You've misunderstood my post completely, I would say I'm anti-west if anything. The purpose of my post was to point out how we have members on this board who have clear agendas to push our opinion toward a specific direction. I am nearly convinced Haykakan is either part russian or is affiliate with russia somehow.
        My apologies if I did. It is always good to have different and opposing opinions. What western "Democracy" is promoted as. Makes this forum more interesting. Would be nice to have civil turks (if any) as well to make it even more lively.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
          It is too early to render judgement on an organization still in the forming stages which is being sabotaged by powerful outside forces. Iran would make a excellent addition to EEU as it can replace Turkey in pretty much every way. Iran's products are very different from Russian products so I am not sure why you say they are not. Things like climate, technology and culture dictate these differences. Many people are used to the western perspective and are blinding themselves to the eastern shift of power. The world is changing and it seems our leaders are much more aware of this change vs most of our people.
          I don't agree with you. We need to look at the big segments of the economy, Iran Petro-chemicals companies are in direct competition to Russia's. Same for the Iranian Automobile industry, steel, Copper, Industrial Machinery, etc.. you get the point. Wages in Iran are lower, Iranian population is younger, and overall more productive.
          Last edited by Zeytun; 05-17-2016, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
            I don't know enough about the eeu to coment, but I fear the USA/eu economic manipulation.
            I do not believe the euro/us economic model was designed to benefit other countries, but rather to benefit the us/euro at the expense of the other countries.
            The. EU/USA economic scam is insidious and hard to perceive by design.
            The EU/USA slogan goes like this ... Let corporate in and your life will be improved greatly !!!
            Anybody believe that ?
            If so please send me $5,000 to mr. La La land . Com and I'll send you 10 grand back real soon.
            So looking forward to helping you.
            Signed ... Captain America.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeytun View Post
              I don't agree with you. We need to look at the big segments of the economy, Iran Petro-chemicals companies are in direct competition to Russia's. Same for the Iranian Automobile industry, steel, Copper, Industrial Machinery, etc.. you get the point. Wages in Iran are lower, Iranian population is younger, and overall more productive.
              Iran has oil and gas but no refineries. Iran has autos but who in Russia will buy them? A productive population is a huge economic opportunity to do business with. Iran has been forced to be a closed economy for a long time, this means there are many untapped opportunities for those who enter it. Trade agreements can and should be based on win/win situations and there are plenty of such situations here. Such a development would serve Armenia well also. Iran is a key country in our region and is attracting a great deal of interest from everyone for good reasons. It has great relations with all of Armenia's friends and bad relations with our enemies. The bad geostrategic/economic position of Armenia is well publicized but the fact is its position brings many opportunities to which she cannot afford to miss out on. I like discussing this but I feel we are drifting off topic. Perhaps a new thread is in order.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                EU/USA economic scam is insidious and hard to perceive by design.
                Attached is a link to our modern communication network notice the importance of that little Island England with the US

The link to shipping routes the last 200 years again that little island England

This explains it all ... World largest bank at least in the US

Scene from The History Channel Production "Men Who Built America" between Junius and Pierpont Morgan.

Comment

It is too early to render judgement on an organization still in the forming stages which is being sabotaged by powerful outside forces
                  In November 2014, I said exactly the same thing and the answer was "too early to judge". Come May 2016, and still no results from the EEU, and no promised investments have been made. Not only that, but if you remember, the main objective of Armenia joining it was 'security', and we all saw what happened. Keep a screenshot of this post and remind me in May 2017. Only someone who is paid would defend something blindly as much as you do.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
                    In November 2014, I said exactly the same thing and the answer was "too early to judge". Come May 2016, and still no results from the EEU, and no promised investments have been made. Not only that, but if you remember, the main objective of Armenia joining it was 'security', and we all saw what happened. Keep a screenshot of this post and remind me in May 2017. Only someone who is paid would defend something blindly as much as you do.
                    I wish I was paid because this really is work. Yes Russia guarantees our security as it has for a long time. You along with most others seem to forget who our main enemy is. There is a reason why Turkey has not attacked us in almost a century and it has nothing to do with it being scared of us. There is a reason why it did not aid its cousins to the east....there are so many factors that people blind themselves to out of sheer misdirected, misguided hatred
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

There is a reason why it did not aid its cousins to the east.

Comment

Working...
                      X