Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
    I don't like the rhetoric of this video. Like it or not, NATO is not our enemy, but Russia's enemy. Turkey is our enemy, but the video keeps repeating that these forces are in Armenia to counter NATO.

Yeah its talking as if Armenia is nothing but a russian colony, which unfortunately to some degree has some truth in it. Also to be fair, Turkey is NATO.

Comment

Haykakan I agree with you 100%. This government has thrown country into stagnation of a worst kind.
      When people talk about Armenia's GDP as whatever it is 24 Bln? I cannot even trust it because we know that this kind of people in soviet times have perfected book forging skills to an art form that can fool even world bank. So I don't even belive that number. In reality the real GDP could be something like 6-8 bln. And that 4 bln loan, I am sure, is resting in individual's offshore accounts. I don't see any 4 bln improvement in anything in Armenia. Any public sphere. No roads, no housing, no free health care, no investment in economy (only the cases of embezzlement for some oligarlh's monopoly).
      What dictator can be worse than this?
      Compare it to a Njdeh type dictator.
      I don't believe that I am saying this words. Someone knock me back to senses if I am overreacting.
      But it has come to this.
      But again. I don't agree that this slime government is the result of being a colony or anything like that. On the contrary, feelings of colonized is the result of this kind of government and public conscioseness that accepts this kind of rulers and their cronies.
      Has anybody noticed the wave of murders and mysterious suicides, burnings, drownings (most unsolved) lately in Armenian news? I have not seen this much since 1994-96.
      Society is resonancing with bad vibes.
      The times when suddenly most of independent gas stations were being locked up and only a company under the name of a relative of leader could freely import and sell gasoline at double the price within a week time, and then this shady businessman opened up an airline then bancrapted it by pocketing large amount of money(government funds and subsidies) without even paying labor. And we know that the real person behind this fraud is the head of government. Instead of getting up and chopping heads or uniting in a front we were waisting our time and social energy debating "Europe or Russia", without ever guessing that whatever external factors, but internally it was just an attention diverter by government or by opposition. The real debate instead should have been about thievery inside.
      It's like closing eyes over patient being eaten inside out by maggots and debating if he needed western eye contact or Russian hearing aid.
      It is inside. We see it by the example of Ukraine. West or Russia is equally complacent in inability or unwillingness to stop their protege's internal hemorrhage. It's the people themselfs that has to do it.
      Last edited by Hakob; 06-12-2016, 12:29 PM.

Comment

The Armenian GDP has lots of room to expand. $10B is nothing.

Comment

I know that a lot of loan money has gone into balancing the budget over the years (specially last year and this one) and keeping the currency going.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
            Oh come on man..you spoke highly of the 'ruling elite' when they ditched the trade agreement with the EU and made us join the Russian-led Eurasian Union. It took you just one meeting with the EU ambassador in Armenia to end your love fest?
            You're still debating Europe or Russia?
            Am I complaining or changing my mind about west?
            Read my post again please...
            You are talking about my assessment of government's decision about Eurasian Union. That has not changed.
            I am talking about the nature of our government and our focus.
            About a government which had to be scrutinized for behavior at home.
            Instead we fell into debating EU or EEU. You want to still debate that?
            Like Haykakan said, seing how our government handles internall problems or has become a part of those problems, the external policies or strengths or anything positive stops being support factor to close eyes or not to condemn.
            I say even unfinished war with Azerbaijan should not hold from taking government to answer anymore.
            Last edited by Hakob; 06-12-2016, 12:47 PM.

Comment

We should stop letting some forces in leading us tru pulling our nozes into worrying if Europe or Russia will save or help us.
              We should focus our selfs into what our government (and opposition) does or does not in Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishap90 View Post
                Yeah its talking as if Armenia is nothing but a russian colony, which unfortunately to some degree has some truth in it. Also to be fair, Turkey is NATO.
                Southfront is a Russian propaganda outlet and its pro-Armenian, simply look at its analysis of the Four-Day War.

Their content is pretty cynical and is "realpolitik" sort of garbage.

This talk about the EU - Dumbest thing I have ever heard. The EU would have been one of the worst decisions the state could have made.

There are 1.2 million Armenians in Russia, to abandon Russia is to abandon them. EU-Wet dream is just that - a dream.

Also, joining the EU is not magically going to solve any problems. Look at Romania, its still as corrupt as ever.
                Last edited by Lori; 06-12-2016, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I will still stand up and resist if someone comes and tries to convince that my internal problems will be solved if I go knock europe's door.
                  I now firmly believe that maybe 90% of our problems are from inside our country, inside us. Something must be done about that.
                  Europe or Russia, blockade or open borders. Recognition of genocide or no recognition. However important, those things are not as crucial as Armenia's socio economic problems that are generated from bad government.
                  Last edited by Hakob; 06-12-2016, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Imagine, instead of, or along with taking a loan from Russia to buy weapons, a government that has streamed and created conditions of certain growth or prerequisites and guaranteed a 1 billion international loan the same way it secured previous 4 billion and then taken that money and waived at world soliciting weapon sellers all over for what it needs to shut a neigbour up?
                    Instead, it is this government's responsibility that we ended up bowing for some weapons to protect us.
                    Get this people, I believe it is not important that one will give us weapons for free or another will promise 10 times better quality or whatever.
                    I am just fed up of my government that makes me bow, to get what I need from east or west.
                    I now start to believe that as long as I have this government over my head, I will have to bow to 4 corners for my needs no matter whom I turn to.
                    Last edited by Hakob; 06-12-2016, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
                      You're still debating Europe or Russia?
                      Am I complaining or changing my mind about west?
                      Read my post again please...
                      You are talking about my assessment of government's decision about Eurasian Union. That has not changed.
                      I am talking about the nature of our government and our focus.
                      About a government which had to be scrutinized for behavior at home.
                      Instead we fell into debating EU or EEU. You want to still debate that?
                      Like Haykakan said, seing how our government handles internall problems or has become a part of those problems, the external policies or strengths or anything positive stops being support factor to close eyes or not to condemn.
                      I say even unfinished war with Azerbaijan should not hold from taking government to answer anymore.
                      No man, I'm talking to Haykakan, not you.

Comment

Working...
                      X