Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by DieHard69 View Post
    I'm not sure why you morons feel offended about my opinion of what our government is spending its budget.

But thank you federate for understanding what I mean I have been living in Armenia for almost 6 years and I have seen so much development in this country from social economic to military though we have a lot more work to do.

And speaking of work I'd like to thank everyone in this forum for giving out news and talking about our military for almost 8 years and still going strong thank you.

That's you on page 2116.

Enough with this nonsense, we will put in every information regardless of what source it is just to please some of your complaints alright can we please stop bickering and get back to fighting Azerbaijan.
    Now you're name-calling others for their perfectly reasonable reply?

Comment

Experts: Idea to create combined Russian-Armenian army group very dangerous

Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloglu – APA. The approval by Russian President Vladimir Putin of the agreement on creating a combined Russian-Armenian army group is a very dangerous tendency that is going to pose a threat to the South Caucasus, political analyst Gabil Huseynli told APA.

He noted that Russia equips Armenia with arms for free and has recently sent to this country mid-range Iskander M ballistic missiles, TOS heavy flamethrowers, and other weapons.

“Armenia’s air defense system is completely subject to Russia and is planned by Russian experts,” Huseynli said, adding. “Russia had been protecting Armenia’s borders. Many of Armenia’s factories have also become subject to Russia because of debt.”

According to the political analyst, Armenia is gradually losing its sovereignty.

“Now the idea of creating a combined Russian-Armenian army group has come up. Allegedly, the command of this combined army group will be given to Armenia but Russia will take the lead in case of war. In short, the situation is very critical. Russia is creating conditions that threaten the South Caucasus. This threat is aimed at both Georgia and Azerbaijan,” he added.

The politician noted that as an OSCE Minsk Group country that deals with the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Russia is reluctant to help change the status quo.

“Despite the promises made to Azerbaijan after the 2-5 April events, there has been silence so far,” said Huseynli. “Now the risk of military escalation is gradually increasing in the region due to the direct participation of Russia. This is a very dangerous tendency. They claim that these troops won’t enter Nagorno-Karabakh. However, it’s clear that soldiers of the Armenian army are serving in Nagorno-Karabakh.”

Elkhan Sahinoglu, director of the Atlas Research Center, told APA that it was Russia which caused the April battles between Azerbaijan and Armenia not to last more than four days, and Moscow called on both sides to respect the ceasefire again.

“However, the Azerbaijani army had opportunity to move forward. It led to such an impression among ruling circles and one part of society that Kremlin will speed up the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict as Russia concerns about the prospect of expansion of military confrontation. As a first step, Kremlin will put pressure on the Armenian authorities so that Yerevan should liberate a few districts adjacent to Nagorno-Karabakh. These forecasts were not justified. On the contrary, the Russian government, with its two steps, clearly supported the latter in the confrontation between Azerbaijan and Armenia. Firstly, Russia sent Iskander missiles to Armenia that Azerbaijan won’t defeat Armenia in military balance. Secondly, Russia built joint armed forces with Armenia. It means that the Armenian army would be controlled by Russian Defense Ministry from now on. These two steps are against Azerbaijan. Russia proves with these steps that it is not interested in fair solution to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and ensuring Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity,” he added.

Shahinoglu stressed that the Azerbaijani government doesn’t want to have problems in relations with Russia.

“It doesn’t mean that we should turn blind eyes to Russia’s increasing military support to Armenia. Of course, the signing by President Putin on creating a combined Russian-Armenian army group triggers concern. This casts a shadow on the impartiality of Russia as the OSCE Minsk Group co-chair in the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Russian military support to Armenia must make us to review balanced foreign policy. The misbalance can be eliminated through highest military cooperation between Azerbaijan and Turkey,” he added.

Comment

Armenian Air Force

Comment

Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) provided new equipment to RA Ministry of Emergency Situations

Comment

Originally posted by Spetsnaz View Post
            Experts: Idea to create combined Russian-Armenian army group very dangerous

Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloglu – APA. The approval by Russian President Vladimir Putin of the agreement on creating a combined Russian-Armenian army group is a very dangerous tendency that is going to pose a threat to the South Caucasus, political analyst Gabil Huseynli told APA.

He noted that Russia equips Armenia with arms for free and has recently sent to this country mid-range Iskander M ballistic missiles, TOS heavy flamethrowers, and other weapons.

“Armenia’s air defense system is completely subject to Russia and is planned by Russian experts,” Huseynli said, adding. “Russia had been protecting Armenia’s borders. Many of Armenia’s factories have also become subject to Russia because of debt.”

According to the political analyst, Armenia is gradually losing its sovereignty.

“Now the idea of creating a combined Russian-Armenian army group has come up. Allegedly, the command of this combined army group will be given to Armenia but Russia will take the lead in case of war. In short, the situation is very critical. Russia is creating conditions that threaten the South Caucasus. This threat is aimed at both Georgia and Azerbaijan,” he added.

The politician noted that as an OSCE Minsk Group country that deals with the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Russia is reluctant to help change the status quo.

“Despite the promises made to Azerbaijan after the 2-5 April events, there has been silence so far,” said Huseynli. “Now the risk of military escalation is gradually increasing in the region due to the direct participation of Russia. This is a very dangerous tendency. They claim that these troops won’t enter Nagorno-Karabakh. However, it’s clear that soldiers of the Armenian army are serving in Nagorno-Karabakh.”

Elkhan Sahinoglu, director of the Atlas Research Center, told APA that it was Russia which caused the April battles between Azerbaijan and Armenia not to last more than four days, and Moscow called on both sides to respect the ceasefire again.

“However, the Azerbaijani army had opportunity to move forward. It led to such an impression among ruling circles and one part of society that Kremlin will speed up the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict as Russia concerns about the prospect of expansion of military confrontation. As a first step, Kremlin will put pressure on the Armenian authorities so that Yerevan should liberate a few districts adjacent to Nagorno-Karabakh. These forecasts were not justified. On the contrary, the Russian government, with its two steps, clearly supported the latter in the confrontation between Azerbaijan and Armenia. Firstly, Russia sent Iskander missiles to Armenia that Azerbaijan won’t defeat Armenia in military balance. Secondly, Russia built joint armed forces with Armenia. It means that the Armenian army would be controlled by Russian Defense Ministry from now on. These two steps are against Azerbaijan. Russia proves with these steps that it is not interested in fair solution to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and ensuring Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity,” he added.

Shahinoglu stressed that the Azerbaijani government doesn’t want to have problems in relations with Russia.

“It doesn’t mean that we should turn blind eyes to Russia’s increasing military support to Armenia. Of course, the signing by President Putin on creating a combined Russian-Armenian army group triggers concern. This casts a shadow on the impartiality of Russia as the OSCE Minsk Group co-chair in the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Russian military support to Armenia must make us to review balanced foreign policy. The misbalance can be eliminated through highest military cooperation between Azerbaijan and Turkey,” he added.

http://en.apa.az/azerbaijan-politics...dangerous.html
            We should be very careful, as during the next period I believe Azerbaijan will make effort to destabilize the Armenian-Russian relations.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post

That's you on page 2116.

Now you're name-calling others for their perfectly reasonable reply?
              Sorry Arm nuke if I'm being completely incompetent but the reason I'm calling some of our guys morons because they might of not understood my opinion and instead they ended up challenging my opinion (though they may freely do, I can learn a few things) also read the first few words I said about the source.

"I'm not sure whether some of you would like it or not but here it is"

That was the reason why I said what I said, some of us Armenians might not like the increased military spending (even if it is necessary for our protection) because that military spending could of went on our economy or better yet to the people of Gyumri where they so dearly need, 500 million USD is a lot of money and trust me there will be those Armenians who will criticise our government for being to North korea.

Also when I say I'm a man of democracy and human development I mean it, and yes I will xxxxing hate anyone in this forum for being to hateful or discriminatory to Azeris and Turks and trust me some of the things our guys said in this forum or any other place seem slightly literal and genocidal and it feels terrible seeing that sometimes especially to our good nature, and I don't care what I said back a few forum pages ago I've learnd my mistakes, so when I say I'm and man of democracy and human development, I mean it. So now are you one or will you hate.

Sorry for long reply I was temporarily not able to post replies or anything for some reasons I sent a complaint to the forum but they have heard my call.

Comment

I will xxxxing hate anyone in this forum for being to hateful
                I agree with you and it makes sense! xxxxing hate is always better than "to hateful".

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
                  One of my wishes for 2017 is to stop seeing such news. It is possible to bring death numbers down, or to eliminate them completely.

Soldier dies in Nagorno Karabakh

On December 8, at 02:45, Defense Army soldier Albert H. Postolokyan (born in 1996) was mortally wounded in one of the military units of the Defense Army located in the north-eastern direction (Martakert).

This one sounds like a non-combat loss.
                  Armenians drive like lunatics. Sure, we are a mountainous country and there might be more risk of accident but that should only make us take more precautions as drivers and the government really needs to improve safety. Barring the exceptional fighting we had this year, we typically lose more soldiers to road accidents than combat on a yearly basis. Not just soldiers but every day citizens too. Our rate of road accident deaths are almost double that of Azerbaijan and significantly higher than of Georgia. It's a national epidemic.
                  Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

PRESIDENT SERZH SARGSYAN WILL VISIT THE SOUTHEAST SEGMENT OF THE BORDER AND THEN ARTSAKH

The President of Armenia, Commander-in-Chief Serzh Sargsyan today has left on a working visit to one of the military units located at the southeast segment of the RA border.

Accompanied by the RA Minister of Defense and the highest echelon of the Armed Forces, President Sargsyan at the site of the permanent location of the unit familiarized with the combat readiness of the unit, listened to the report of the commander, conversed with the troops. Later, he toured the newly constructed barracks, familiarized with the conditions and at the canteen dined with the soldiers.

President Serzh Sargsyan commended a number of servicemen who excelled during their service.

Afterwards, the President of Armenia has left on a working visit to the Republic of Nagorno Karabakh.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X