Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Azad View Post
    They did not liberate a village they took over a hill that made an older village "safe" to rebuild.
    irregardless, It just doesn't settle well with me knowing we lost territory and it is being spun as some kind of victory some thing not right about that kind of propaganda

Comment

Originally posted by ayrudzi View Post
      That article states they "liberated" a village.
      See attached image. The white line is the old border. The light area is roughly the hill they took over that will make their parasitic expansion of a village "safe" to build and call it Liberated for their propaganda machine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shuthole.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	539308

Comment

irregardless, It just doesn't settle well with me knowing we lost territory and it is being spun as some kind of victory some thing not right about that kind of propaganda
        What shall we do? Go to full fledge war for the small area they took over? They are like parasites they love to multiply all around our borders. The Sultan made it his mission to build large cities all around our borders.
        Most likely this spring they will do another kamikaze attack. Probably much larger due to their desperation with their economy and frustration. Let us hope our military will teach them a royal lesson once for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
          What shall we do? Go to full fledge war for the small area they took over? They are like parasites they love to multiply all around our borders. The Sultan made it his mission to build large cities all around our borders.
          Most likely this spring they will do another kamikaze attack. Probably much larger due to their desperation with their economy and frustration. Let us hope our military will teach them a royal lesson once for all.
          So they chip away at Artsakh one hill at a time? If next time Armenia doesn't get serious with a counter attack and does seriouse damage (more lands taken, kills, destroyed military infrastructure) I will sincerely believe that current government and ones in charge of Armenia are enemies of the state

Comment

Comment

I will sincerely believe that current government and ones in charge of Armenia are enemies of the state
              I do not get involved in local politics since I have no clue. Having said that, if pro western is in control they will hand all of Artsakh to the azeris.
              Also, I heard many times Armenians mocking the ruling "Artsaktsi". If the natives of Artsakh are "enemies of the state" as in they do not care, whom will? It is war, we are facing a large turkic expansion from all sides with lots of Petro dollars pouring in while they buy advance armaments. We need to stay united to survive in that environment. Let us not mix corruption with national interest. My two cents.

Comment

So they chip away at Artsakh one hill at a time? If next time Armenia doesn't get serious with a counter attack and does seriouse damage (more lands taken, kills, destroyed military infrastructure) I will sincerely believe that current government and ones in charge of Armenia are enemies of the state
                Give alternatives.
                I'm tired of hearing this everytime. What can we do ? What should have been done in April ? Tell me .

Comment

Originally posted by haydavid View Post
                  Give alternatives.
                  I'm tired of hearing this everytime. What can we do ? What should have been done in April ? Tell me .

The initial April offensive was a surprise and its not surprising the enemy made certain inroads.
                  It appears the sloppy management of our army contributed to the above.
                  I stress the management and not the fighting spirit of our boys.

Our side took a day or two to counter attack causing significant casualties to the enemy.
                  Considering the desperate pleas of the sultan for cease fire, one has to confidently assume
                  the enemy was wrong footed and would not be able to handle what would follow.

There is no dispute to the above.

What followed.
                  Our chief of staff was called to Moscow to have a meeting with his opposite number for cease fire.
                  If I remember correctly our chief of staff said, “Putin asked ( or ordered ) a cease fire therefore we stopped the fight.”
                  No demand in exchange for cease fire at least withdrawal to the original line of contact.

It also appears all this happened above the heads of Serj Sargissyan and Bako Sahagyan.
                  Then started the clumsy lies justification with more lies etc.

Negotiators are conditioned to defend their interests as an instinct.
                  And yet our chief of staff made agreements without any consideration of the reality on the ground.

What could have been done?

How about insist enemy withdraws to the original LOC.
                  Use delaying tactics to secure one or two strategic positions to disable the enemy with its adventurism.

Accepting a cease fire while the enemy is in pain to our disadvantage is simply stupidly incompetent.

One has to ask, haven't these Generals been in a fight as kids because kids wouldn't have done such a mistake.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                  Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                  Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                    The initial April offensive was a surprise and its not surprising the enemy made certain inroads.
                    It appears the sloppy management of our army contributed to the above.
                    I stress the management and not the fighting spirit of our boys.

Our side took a day or two to counter attack causing significant casualties to the enemy.
                    Considering the desperate pleas of the sultan for cease fire, one has to confidently assume
                    the enemy was wrong footed and would not be able to handle what would follow.

There is no dispute to the above.

What followed.
                    Our chief of staff was called to Moscow to have a meeting with his opposite number for cease fire.
                    If I remember correctly our chief of staff said, “Putin asked ( or ordered ) a cease fire therefore we stopped the fight.”
                    No demand in exchange for cease fire at least withdrawal to the original line of contact.

It also appears all this happened above the heads of Serj Sargissyan and Bako Sahagyan.
                    Then started the clumsy lies justification with more lies etc.

Negotiators are conditioned to defend their interests as an instinct.
                    And yet our chief of staff made agreements without any consideration of the reality on the ground.

What could have been done?

How about insist enemy withdraws to the original LOC.
                    Use delaying tactics to secure one or two strategic positions to disable the enemy with its adventurism.

Accepting a cease fire while the enemy is in pain to our disadvantage is simply stupidly incompetent.

One has to ask, haven't these Generals been in a fight as kids because kids wouldn't have done such a mistake.

Sure , and the Azeris would have given back the lands. That's not how it works.
                    If we didn't accept the ceasefire we still would be a war.
                    Our government may be corrupt and arseholes but they are not stupid. If that hill was so important we would not have accepted the ceasefire.
                    We only lost ONE hill against a full-scale assault that was unexpected. I don't even blame the managment. It's a wonder we haven't lost more.

Comment

You fell for it. That's what the Azeris want and they're using their media for that purpose.

Comment

Working...
                      X