Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Free, Independent, and United Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Free, Independent, and United Armenia

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
    When we had the war with Azeris, why did most Dashnaks stay put in the diaspora? What happened to all the war songs? The patriotism?
    Artsakh’s liberation was an all-Armenian struggle for justice, and Armenians from all walks of life and all political persuasions were present on the battlefields, including ARFD, thousands of them. Unfortunately I was way too young to be there, but what I’d like to know is what’s with your cynical questions? I mean, pardon me, but who the hell are you to question the patriotism of arguably the most patriotic Armenian organization in the world? Did you somehow managed to miss the modern history of the Armenian people? Because for the past 120 years ARFD has been an integral part of it, good or bad it’s been always there and despite the chorus of wicked ill-wishers it will always be there. Now, what you, as an individual and as a Diaspora Armenian, have done for the good of our Nation and Homeland? Let’s start with a small thing (you) before we discuss things that are much greater than you and me put together.

…but you also insult the measures the actual population and leadership of Armenia have taken to bring security and vitality to their own lands.
    The actual population had no say and the leadership has never asked the opinion of the population. National referendum is the only just way to decide on issues of national importance but there was none so, don’t speak of the actual population.

Njdeh turns in his grave for you as well.
    Garegin Njdeh was God’s gift to the Armenian Nation. Like a prophet with a divine message he formed the ultimate national ideology, a nationalist religion, which was way above any politics and parties. That’s why he left ARFD, which he dearly loved all his life long, even after leaving it. So, rest assured, Njdeh would not turn in his grave because of us.

Choosing hate…
    There is no blind hate, there is a true understanding of the present based on the past and with a view to the future.

Comment

Choosing hate as a means to block out the seductions of the enemy to me is being afraid to use your higher, non-emotionally disturbable faculties to do an even better job at destroying them. You will never find immortality, happiness, justice or wisdom by clinging onto hate.
      jgk3, I don't choose hate. you ask in another thread about Dashnak involvement in Artsakh, I have 2 who'll never come back,it's sometimes hard to remember their faces.
      I won't be seduced by the enemy, others will and some have been already.
      Hate keeps focus for me, it's not an emotional hate, it's deeper.
      I doubt immortality is in my fate, happiness I have now. Justice. What's justice? Wisdom. He who professes wisdom is probably the least wise.
      Finally I don't cling to hate, like a prop, it's there.........
      jgk, we've all got our own demons and deall with them as best we can.

Comment

for both of you, I understand.

But Dashnak, I can question why most Dashnaks in the diaspora, in Montreal, mainly care about genocide recognition (especially the youth movement), which is fine, but have no intention of ever fighting on a battlefield, contrary to what their war songs would teach. I am puzzled by this phenomenon. I praise what the Dashnaks have done, I am only cynical of this important detail, as in an ever modernizing diaspora, I wish to check this influence of forgetting one's warrior spirit with scrutiny. The Dashnaks are the most patriotic, they must continue to set the best example for all diasporans.

I believe that dedication to being a warrior-like people is the key to triumph. I know I will act when I am needed. I already feel the need now to become closer to the Armenian people and am working towards this in my own way.

As for me not being eligible to criticize? I want the best for our people, when I see shortcomings, I will give my suggestions, I will give my criticism, and I will lead by example when the time calls for it.
        Last edited by jgk3; 04-28-2009, 06:05 AM.

Comment

"I already feel the need now to become closer to the Armenian people and am working towards this in my own way."
          This is something we all should be doing. Our culture is so rich that the closer you get to it the more you want it and the more you appreciate its richness. Armenia itself is a wonderfull place to explore full of history and culture. While i was at a friends summer retreat near ARA LER i found stone tools and arrowheads just laying there from prehistoric times. People have lived in this part of the worls since befor the dawn of civilization and you will be amazed at what you can discover there on your own journey.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            "I already feel the need now to become closer to the Armenian people and am working towards this in my own way."
            This is something we all should be doing. Our culture is so rich that the closer you get to it the more you want it and the more you appreciate its richness. Armenia itself is a wonderfull place to explore full of history and culture. While i was at a friends summer retreat near ARA LER i found stone tools and arrowheads just laying there from prehistoric times. People have lived in this part of the worls since befor the dawn of civilization and you will be amazed at what you can discover there on your own journey.
            thank you for sharing with us your encouraging experience, I can definitely relate with the sentiment you're talking about even though I've never yet been to Armenia.

Comment

For those who can't visit, here are some pics of Ara Ler, absolutely incredible.

http://armenia.galstyan.com/displayi...?album=2&pos=0
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

for both of you, I understand.

But Dashnak, I can question why most Dashnaks in the diaspora, in Montreal, mainly care about genocide recognition (especially the youth movement), which is fine, but have no intention of ever fighting on a battlefield, contrary to what their war songs would teach. I am puzzled by this phenomenon. I praise what the Dashnaks have done, I am only cynical of this important detail, as in an ever modernizing diaspora, I wish to check this influence of forgetting one's warrior spirit with scrutiny. The Dashnaks are the most patriotic, they must continue to set the best example for all diasporans.

I believe that dedication to being a warrior-like people is the key to triumph. I know I will act when I am needed. I already feel the need now to become closer to the Armenian people and am working towards this in my own way.

As for me not being eligible to criticize? I want the best for our people, when I see shortcomings, I will give my suggestions, I will give my criticism, and I will lead by example when the time calls for it.
                I like this post, thanks jgk3.

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
                  I like this post, thanks jgk3.

I second that, well said jgk3.

Hey KanadaHye, those are amazing pictures man.

and Haykakan: unbelievable to be able to walk through the land and just find what our ancient brothers made with their hands………….you found an Arrowhead?!! Dude, I am fascinated with Archery, to find one of our ancient Arrowheads would be out of this world for me. That is too cool.
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

thank you guys. And yes, Kanadahye, those are inspiring pictures... Those forests Ara Ler mountains are so different from anything I've ever seen, I would love to hike there!

Comment

Like Heaven!
                      "All truth passes through three stages:
                      First, it is ridiculed;
                      Second, it is violently opposed; and
                      Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Working...
                      X