Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Originally posted by levon View Post
    Do you know why those tribes are isolated? Because had they come in contact with a society with strict family values, they would have been completely destroyed, as they have very little reason to fight and die, but the men with families do.

Tribes are the lowest form of society. They advance only when they form a strict family structure, which encourages even the weakest males to exert all their might in order to take care of their families. This is what creates advancement.
    I don't about what kind of tribes are you people talking about, but I have worked with isolated tribes and communities of the Amazon region of my country (Ecuador) and they have a strict family structure inside their "lowest form of society". They are far more advanced than anybody could understand, and they have much to fight and die for.

Comment

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Originally posted by ashot24 View Post
      I don't about what kind of tribes are you people talking about, but I have worked with isolated tribes and communities of the Amazon region of my country (Ecuador) and they have a strict family structure inside their "lowest form of society". They are far more advanced than anybody could understand, and they have much to fight and die for.
      Hey ashot24, that was exactly my point, without a strict family structure, communities don't usually advance, and the men don't have much to fight for.

And tribes are indeed the "lowest form of society," anything below that cannot be considered a society.

Comment

Hey ashot24, that was exactly my point, without a strict family structure, communities don't usually advance, and the men don't have much to fight for.

And tribes are indeed the "lowest form of society," anything below that cannot be considered a society.
        I know, my point was to make that they are far more advanced than what people believe they are.

I am also curious, does anyone know about a tribe or community in history that hadn't some sort of family structure? I believe there cannot be one, in all modern human societies the family (structured in the way it may be) has always been the nucleus. But do you know about one?

Haha and I don't believe they are the lowest form of society, they follow very strict rules, they have their own morals, then I look how degraded, unmoral and rule-less our society is...

Comment

I am also curious, does anyone know about a tribe or community in history that hadn't some sort of family structure? I believe there cannot be one, in all modern human societies the family (structured in the way it may be) has always been the nucleus. But do you know about one?
          I have read about some tribes in which the men pass on their belongings to their sister's kids, as they have no idea who their kids are. However, I cannot recall the names of these tribes.

Haha and I don't believe they are the lowest form of society, they follow very strict rules, they have their own morals, then I look how degraded, unmoral and rule-less our society is...
          Well, US mainstream culture isn't exactly family oriented, so it's no surprise that it's degraded, and immoral. And by lowest, I mean it is the smallest form of organizational structure, with a 2-level hierarchy. Anything other than that cannot be considered a society.

--------------------------
          Haykana, here is a quote for you from one of the crazies of the modern feminist movement. The fat and ugly whale that belongs more in the ocean than on land - Andrea Dworkin.
          "The cultural institutions which embody and enforce those interlocked aberrations - for instance, law, art, religion, nation-states, the family, tribe, or commune based on father-right - these institutions are real and they must be destroyed."

Some more quotes by others (from the group of your beloved feminazis)

"The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race."-- Sally Miller Gearhart

"The destruction of the biological family, never envisioned by Freud, will allow the emergence of new women and men, different from any people who have previously existed." -- Alison Jaggar

"Being queer means pushing the parameters of sex, sexuality, and family, and in the process, transforming the very fabric of society." -- Paula Ettelbrick

"A middle ground might be to fight for same sex marriage and its benefits, and then, once granted, redefine the instution completely, to demand the right to marry not as a way of adhering to society's moral codes but rather to debunk a myth and radically alter an archaic institution." -- Michelangelo Signorile

"[Marriage] enforces women's dependence on men, it enforces heterosexuality and it imposes the prevailing masculine and feminine character structures on the next generation." -- Alison Jaggar, Feminist Politics and Human Nature

Oh, and don't forget the S.C.U.M. manifesto - S.C.U.M. = Society for Cutting Up Men

Now, tell me that feminism isn't a hate movement that is bent on destroying family, society, and bringing in total anarchy?
          Armenia has absolutely nothing to gain from any ideas that originate from feminizis (but has much to lose).

Comment

Haykana, here is a quote for you from one of the crazies of the modern feminist movement. The fat and ugly whale that belongs more in the ocean than on land - Andrea Dworkin.

"The cultural institutions which embody and enforce those interlocked aberrations - for instance, law, art, religion, nation-states, the family, tribe, or commune based on father-right - these institutions are real and they must be destroyed."
            Andrea Dworkin was Hrya... no surprise there.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Well, US mainstream culture isn't exactly family oriented, so it's no surprise that it's degraded, and immoral. And by lowest, I mean it is the smallest form of organizational structure, with a 2-level hierarchy. Anything other than that cannot be considered a society.

Now, tell me that feminism isn't a hate movement that is bent on destroying family, society, and bringing in total anarchy?
              Armenia has absolutely nothing to gain from any ideas that originate from feminizis (but has much to lose).
              I agree. US mainstream culture shouldn't even be considered culture. You will find the largest degeneration of man in America. Why else are Americans the most hated people in the world?

This whole feminism movement and "Sexual revolution" is an excuse for prostitution and out of marriage affairs. The more women gain freedom the more prostitution and the immorality of society increases. Armenian women have disgraced the Armenian race enough outside of Armenia. They should be kept on tight leash because God knows what will happen if not.

We need our laws in Armenia to reflect this and prevent any women liberalism. We need to make sure women who go over the line are punished. I for one will make that my priority when I return to Yerevan shortly to address this. I have both friends and relatives that have connections in the government (my uncle is in parliament and is friends with Serzh and Tigran Sargsyan but I won't say the name). This won't take overnight, but will be a slow and gradual process.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                This whole feminism movement and "Sexual revolution" is an excuse for prostitution and out of marriage affairs. The more women gain freedom the more prostitution and the immorality of society increases. Armenian women have disgraced the Armenian race enough outside of Armenia. They should be kept on tight leash because God knows what will happen if not.

We need our laws in Armenia to reflect this and prevent any women liberalism. We need to make sure women who go over the line are punished. I for one will make that my priority when I return to Yerevan shortly to address this. I have both friends and relatives that have connections in the government (my uncle is in parliament and is friends with Serzh and Tigran Sargsyan but I won't say the name). This won't take overnight, but will be a slow and gradual process.
                That is an exaggeration, and an insult to our women. Yes, there are every kind of people in this world, but you shouldn't generalize...there are women who have self-respect.

What we need is the return of family values, morals, dignity, and self-respect, not laws prohibiting anything to anybody, because the more you prohibit or punish someone for something, the more people is going to look after it, specially nowadays with all the possibilities to break the law we have.

You complain about the Iranians to be backwards peoples, yet you promote the institutionalization of laws prohibiting women of doing certain things and enjoying their right to liberate and be independent, the same laws this country and people you say are backwards have in their societies in order to prevent women from doing what you are saying, but guess what...they do it, but in silence...isn't that worst? We're creating hypocrites this way.

What we need is morals, not laws prohibiting anything.
                Last edited by ashot24; 02-27-2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Yes he's exaggerating.... but feminism is wrong and polluting the minds of young girls everywhere.
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Oh yeah I know, I don't support any of that, nor feminism nor machismo...both are wrong in my opinion, every extreme is wrong and those are extremist arguments they come with...but people loves the extremes.
                    Last edited by ashot24; 02-27-2010, 09:06 PM.

Comment

That is an exaggeration, and an insult to our women. Yes, there are every kind of people in this world, but you shouldn't generalize...there are women who have self-respect.

What we need is the return of family values, morals, dignity, and self-respect, not laws prohibiting anything to anybody, because the more you prohibit or punish someone for something, the more people is going to look after it, specially nowadays with all the possibilities to break the law we have.

You complain about the Iranians to be backwards peoples, yet you promote the institutionalization of laws prohibiting women of doing certain things and enjoying their right to liberate and be independent, the same laws this country and people you say are backwards have in their societies in order to prevent women from doing what you are saying, but guess what...they do it, but in silence...isn't that worst? We're creating hypocrites this way.

What we need is morals, not laws prohibiting anything.
                      I agree that there are sensible, modest, Armenian women who respect family values and their culture. but their numbers are decreases very fast.

What is needed is basic laws which will partial curb corruption in Armenia, I've already lost hope for Armenians outside. For example, strict laws against prostitution, laws against Armenian women working at strip clubs, laws against premarital sex for women, restricting marriage with other nationalities especially other religions, and possibly putting some limit on dress (though I do admit this will be difficult to do, and not the best thing to do).

These are all sensible laws, that reflect BASIC morals of family. Unfortunately Armenian women are at great risk given the Persian hooligans, women trafficking, and the great desire to go live outside.

You want to see the dangers of western culture go to California. I went there once in my life and vowed never to return. Just seeing how the west had corrupted many once smart and respectable Armenians. What is this thing with gangs and this whole obsession with blacks? Most downgrading things I've ever seen there.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---
                      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Working...
                      X