Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    I agree that there are sensible, modest, Armenian women who respect family values and their culture. but their numbers are decreases very fast.

What is needed is basic laws which will partial curb corruption in Armenia, I've already lost hope for Armenians outside. For example, strict laws against prostitution, laws against Armenian women working at strip clubs, laws against premarital sex for women, restricting marriage with other nationalities especially other religions, and possibly putting some limit on dress (though I do admit this will be difficult to do, and not the best thing to do).

These are all sensible laws, that reflect BASIC morals of family. Unfortunately Armenian women are at great risk given the Persian hooligans, women trafficking, and the great desire to go live outside.

You want to see the dangers of western culture go to California. I went there once in my life and vowed never to return. Just seeing how the west had corrupted many once smart and respectable Armenians. What is this thing with gangs and this whole obsession with blacks? Most downgrading things I've ever seen there.
    This isn't something that can be reversed by men making laws and dictating their behavior. This is a movement that has to be initiated among the women in a culture, particularly in the form of media and role models. They have to see that what they are doing to themselves is degrading. In western culture, it's not degrading to them because they benefit from the liberal laws and corrupt corporate culture. It will get worse before it gets better.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      This isn't something that can be reversed by men making laws and dictating their behavior. This is a movement that has to be initiated among the women in a culture, particularly in the form of media and role models. They have to see that what they are doing to themselves is degrading. In western culture, it's not degrading to them because they benefit from the liberal laws and corrupt corporate culture. It will get worse before it gets better.
      You need to sometimes give women guidance. Such laws will give women guidance. For breaking these laws they won't be hanged (this not Iran) but at least they will know that they are breaking the law and thus reflect upon their actions.

The problem is most importantly how these women grow up from little children and up. Education must be revised, and religion has to become a bigger part of their lives. I've seen the more educated women in Yerevan to be the more modest and aware of the culture.

We're not Americans, Russians, or Japanese in quantity. We can't afford this to happen. We have to take drastic action. The problem is even worse for us given our large diaspora. Georgia for example is in better position than us given they have much smaller diaspora.
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

The problem is most importantly how these women grow up from little children and up. Education must be revised, and religion has to become a bigger part of their lives. I've seen the more educated women in Yerevan to be the more modest and aware of the culture.
        I agree with this part, indeed and not just for all peoples, reforms in education should be implement for all in order to teach them values such as morals, dignity and self-respect, also reforms in order to make us embrace, feel proud, protect, and pass our culture and our history to the next generations. Also, religion has to become a bigger part of the lives of all of US. People don't live under Christian values anymore, and it is such a shame, specially for the Armenian people. We have to restore Christian values in our families and in our lives, but really restore and embrace them, and that has to born from the inside...people has to wake up.

We're not Americans, Russians, or Japanese in quantity. We can't afford this to happen. We have to take drastic action. The problem is even worse for us given our large diaspora. Georgia for example is in better position than us given they have much smaller diaspora.
        Well, the SOBs never had anybody trying to eliminate them...
        Last edited by ashot24; 02-27-2010, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Armenian race has gotten through a lot, probably more than any other race. It is a miracle and by God's grace that we exist as a people today. A pure miracle. We cannot just let ourselves go at this point, we cannot let our people degrade themselves abroad. We've gotten to far, our ancestors have sacrificed so much, just so we can be Chrisitan and call ourselves "Hye" today. And it breaks my heart when I see Armenians both in Yerevan but mostly abroad throwing that to oneside and forgetting all this. Just submitting themselves to the western society. Forgetting their culture, disrespecting their families. We need better education and we need to somehow restore these fundamental family values back into our youth soon to become youth. God willing we can achieve this.
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Levon your understanding of society and the man/woman relations are rather crude and limited. The tribes i mentioned would fight to the death to protect their society because the whole tribe is their family. The family unit that we are used to today is a byproduct of money. Once money is introduced into society then people get possesive and they want my money, my home, my woman, my child, my cattle, my car... where in the tribe everything was ours and nothing was mine. Most of the stress/mental disorders of today are a product of the unnatural way of life the "wage slave" and the stay at home momy roles imposed on people. People are simply more versetile then that and versitility is what makes us human-it is what has allowed us to survive and thrive. The femanist examples you brought up have nothing to do with the conversation we are having. I never advocated for anything violent, i simply said placing needless limitations on people (male or female) is just counter productive and needless. That same statement goes for Mos to. Mos hates the Iranian society but he advocates turning Armenia into exactly that with the moral order and dresscode to boot. I guess he sees it justified since it would be the catoghicos instead of the mulah runing the show but i dont make any such distinction-they are all the same crap. The more limitations you start putting on society and people the more miserable life becomes-that is why people fight for freedom. Armenia is already too homogenous and conservative for its own good. What it needs more then anything else is peace and security. If peace and security are achieved then the rest will fall into place. The whole narcistic culture which is spreading today all over the world is a direct product of judaism and its emphasis on self and thus selfishness. People are meant to live in a tribal setting, being alone or even in a single family unit is not our natural form of existance. Sure we can exist in many different ways since people are versetile but these ways are not good for us. The killer of the natural way of life for humanity is its own creation "MONEY". Once money is introduced into any tribal society they become poseesive self centered a holes and quickly abandon the tribe mentality. The resulting societies are not better, sure they may achieve more as far as technology etc but they totally destroy our humanity and turn people into money chasing idiots who forget that it is not the big house or the new car that makes us happy and fulfilled. Money makes people lose touch with their own humanity and natural state of existance and it also makes people suseptible to control and manipulation. It is interesting how humanity falls victim to its own creation (be it money, family, religion..) and if one could look at it with objectivity, as a unconserned party, i think it would even be a funny observation.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Personally I think both parent's should be involved with their children. I don't agree with the mother staying at home/working all the time and the father going out to work and never spending much time with the children. It's terrible for a child growing up to have only one parent with them, or to have very little time with the parents at all and just be sent to daycare. Both my parents worked but had time to be with me, and especially since I was dyslexic without my parent's support I would have never learned how to read or write, let alone attend university.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                That same statement goes for Mos to. Mos hates the Iranian society but he advocates turning Armenia into exactly that with the moral order and dresscode to boot. I guess he sees it justified since it would be the catoghicos instead of the mulah runing the show but i dont make any such distinction-they are all the same crap. The more limitations you start putting on society and people the more miserable life becomes-that is why people fight for freedom. Armenia is already too homogenous and conservative for its own good. What it needs more then anything else is peace and security. If peace and security are achieved then the rest will fall into place. The whole narcistic culture which is spreading today all over the world is a direct product of judaism and its emphasis on self and thus selfishness. People are meant to live in a tribal setting, being alone or even in a single family unit is not our natural form of existance. Sure we can exist in many different ways since people are versetile but these ways are not good for us.
                First of all what I propose and what is present in Iran are two wholly different things. In Iran, it is a theocracy taken to a very extreme level. I'm not advocating theocracy, I'm advocating basic laws which will help guide women away from the worst corruptions that sicken many societies. Look at how many Armenian women have been sickened by the West abroad after having lived so many years.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---

Comment

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post
                  Personally I think both parent's should be involved with their children. I don't agree with the mother staying at home/working all the time and the father going out to work and never spending much time with the children. It's terrible for a child growing up to have only one parent with them, or to have very little time with the parents at all and just be sent to daycare. Both my parents worked but had time to be with me, and especially since I was dyslexic without my parent's support I would have never learned how to read or write, let alone attend university.
                  women should be more involved with their children. Men have to work and can't be tied to the house all the time.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---

Comment

I believe the sickness your adressing is narcissism which is a natural outcome of a money based society. Capitolism is at its core a narcisstic concept and a country with this system will have narcisstic people. This disease is not limited in any way to women. There is a reason why people were way nicer to each other during the soviet days and are totally self involved today and that reason is money. Sure there was money during the soviet times to but life did not revolve around it like it does in a capitalistic society. If you want a better society with both men and women treating each other better then you have to change the economic system. Money will corrupt any society because it is about ownership. People are ill equiped to deal with ownership because it is not in our natural evolution and was introduced much later. People in tribal hunting and gathering societies did not own land nor anything or anyone else. Owning the land was a foreighn concept to them which is why the american indians were so easily duped into signing onesided treaties. Introducing a monitery system into a society effectively takes away the humanity of that society and quickly turns it into what we are experiencing today. The sad truth is that a society based on money will outcompete other forms of societies but it also guerantees its own collapse which is why every civilization using a monitery system has climaxed then faded into history. The monitery system provides a competative advantage but also dooms that same society to failure. We humans have invented money but our own invention has us chasing our own tails in a endless circle. We need to bring this endless chase to a stop if we ever hope to live like humans again. Untill then we will simply be chasing our own tales and living for money-not us. Women are no more at fault then the men are and restricting the rights of either one will never fix anything but it will create resentment and hate and everything else that comes along with it. It is very important to understand what the real problem is instead of chasing its symptoms.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      I believe the sickness your adressing is narcissism which is a natural outcome of a money based society. Capitolism is at its core a narcisstic concept and a country with this system will have narcisstic people. This disease is not limited in any way to women. There is a reason why people were way nicer to each other during the soviet days and are totally self involved today and that reason is money. Sure there was money during the soviet times to but life did not revolve around it like it does in a capitalistic society. If you want a better society with both men and women treating each other better then you have to change the economic system. Money will corrupt any society because it is about ownership. People are ill equiped to deal with ownership because it is not in our natural evolution and was introduced much later. People in tribal hunting and gathering societies did not own land nor anything or anyone else. Owning the land was a foreighn concept to them which is why the american indians were so easily duped into signing onesided treaties. Introducing a monitery system into a society effectively takes away the humanity of that society and quickly turns it into what we are experiencing today. The sad truth is that a society based on money will outcompete other forms of societies but it also guerantees its own collapse which is why every civilization using a monitery system has climaxed then faded into history. The monitery system provides a competative advantage but also dooms that same society to failure. We humans have invented money but our own invention has us chasing our own tails in a endless circle. We need to bring this endless chase to a stop if we ever hope to live like humans again. Untill then we will simply be chasing our own tales and living for money-not us. Women are no more at fault then the men are and restricting the rights of either one will never fix anything but it will create resentment and hate and everything else that comes along with it. It is very important to understand what the real problem is instead of chasing its symptoms.
                      Capitalism has done its damage and it comes as a very important part of the west culture. However, capitalism cannot be put down without a revolution and I for one do not think capitalism is the thing which we should put down nor we can put it down. Since we can't put down capitalism without having socialism we have to take other measures such as laws which will specifically spell out against such behavior. Already in Armenia the customs support these laws (e.g. women can't have sex before marriage) so laws will only be strengthening our sacred customs.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X