Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

In the Americas, that's not a problem as you don't need a job. You just incurr more and more debt and wait for someone else to pay it off for you.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Awesome posters. They are spotlight examples of typical feminist inspired propaganda posters that are meant to imply general social problems, yet use cherry-picked isolated examples and assert widespread social problem without providing any evidence that what they claim is a widespread problem.
      Moreover, the clever wording and placement of statements such as "Some men still control their spouses" (that may be true in isolation, but not in general) are meant to incite the reader to form an opinion that is completely misdirected and wrong.

Let's start with the frirst poster, shall we?

-An average looking woman, frustrated. (Chosen to symbolize that her problems are those of average women, YET no such evidence is provided - FEMINIST PROPAGANDA TACTIC

-She married at 17 and her husband does not allow her to work. (Meant to imply that average Armenian women marry at 17 and are controlled by their husbands - YET no evidence is provided that this is the case in the Armenian society at large - FEMINIST PROPAGANDA TACTIC

The next statement pretty much proves that her isolated case is meant to create a generalization. I will break it down now.

: In Armenia, this is still an issue. - Incorrect assertion - - How does one woman's story reflect the condition of an entire country? - Typical Feminist Propaganda tactic

: Some men still control the destiny of their spouses - This statement is placed right after "In Armenian, this is still an issue" to encourage the reader to make the assumption that this is indeed a large-scale problem in Armenia; HOWEVER, the following are also true statements

-> Some Armenian women cheat on their husbands (as a one woman example, a woman in my neighborhood slept with most youngsters around when her husband was in Russia working to support her)
      -> Some Armenian women murder their children
      -> Some Armenian women commit violent crimes
      -> Some Armenian women abuse their children (as a one woman example, my childhood friend used to get daily beatings from his mom and aunt - usually with a heeled show).

But, just because these statements are true, can anyone use them to claim that there are widespread problems in Armenia related to women committing violent crimes, and abusing their children?
      NO, but why does the creator of the poster feel that generalizing isolated cases is ok? - Typical Feminist Propaganda tactic

: they don't want to see their wives communicate with other men - Nothing, even on the poster, to support this. Apparently the creator of the poster feels that it's ok to write assumptions based on no evidence, as long as something related to it has been stated already. - Typical Feminist Propaganda tactic This is what feminists are really good at. They somehow try to assert one statement, and with their assumed veracity of the said statement imply the veracity of other statements that are somewhat similar.

: Today, Heghine's biggest wish is to see her 16 year old daughter go to University and find a job - This may indeed be the woman's wish; however, it is placed right after the preceding statements to imply that most women in Armenia currently do not have the ability to go to University nor find a job. - This implication is completely incorrect, butWhat a clever way of guiding the reader towards a conclusion. - That's right - Typical Feminist Propaganda tactic

: Things are slowly changing - Meant to imply that there is a LOT of work left to do. Great tactic to guide the reader to feel sympathetic for the woman, and as a result to convince the reader that there is a widespread problem and something needs to be done. - Again, a Typical Femenist Propaganda tactic

- Please do note that women in Armenia do go to University in around the same numbers as men, and most men in Armenia have no problem with their wives working.

Onto the second poster
      This one follows the same pattern as any propaganda poster, and attempts to encourage incorrect generalizations based on facts obtained from one woman.

Before reading further, please note, it portrays an unattractive woman, the importance of which I will explain a little later.

: Lianna is 36, and a mother of 2. - This is meant to imply a connection with the woman in the previous poster, as she too was a mother of two and of the same age group. - I'm guessing these posters are part of a campaign and are meant to be viewed at the same time. In essence, it is meant to establish a connection between hardships of two women and in turn encourage the generalization that this is common for all women
      - Need I say more? Typical Feminist propaganda tactic

: She had graduated from Yerevan State Pedagogical University before she had kids - Meant to encourage the connection that not just under-educated married women are treated badly. This is in order to encourage the reader to generalize that all women are discriminated against (of course, no evidence of such is given, the generalization is meant for the reader.
      -Typical Feminist propaganda tactic - establish sympathy, then encourage a generalization.

: Today, in order to have a job...., Liana needs to pay a $1000 bribe to the school principal so he gives her a job.

This one is very subtle, so I will point out these subtleties.
      -> The $1000 bribe - Meant to imply that the only way a woman can get a job is by making a bribe. Firstly, if there is a bribe to be payed it would be both for men and women and in the same amount. This is a larger problem of corruption; however, the author of the poster tries to make this a woman only problem - This is very very Typical Feminist propaganda tactic - Choose a problem that affects both sexes, but only concentrate on the women.

-> Notice how the author has cleverly said "to the school principal so he (my emphasis) gives her a job" - This is meant to establish that men hold all the power and women have to give bribes in order to get a job.

-> Now, on to the importance of portraying an unattractive woman. It indirectly implies that since an ugly, overweight woman has to give a $1000 bribe, maybe a pretty girl will get a job by giving other kinds of favors. - Encourage the reader to assume that women are severely discriminated against because of their looks - AGAIN, another typical feminist propaganda tactic

: After the age of 25, an Armenian woman's chances of finding a job decreases dramatically - I honestly, have no idea how this conclusion can be reached from the example of one 36 year old woman.
      - Establish sympathy, then suggest a completely incorrect generalization -Very typical feminist propaganda tactic

: Yes, this is still a problem in this country - Again, how does one woman's hardship translate into a problem for the whole country? It DOESN'T, this is merely another feminist propaganda tactic, that establishes sympathy, suggests a generalization, then establishes a conclusion. This is NOT Logical, yet works great on the general population.

Now, onto poster #3
      This is the finishing poster of the campaign as it is meant to establish that a middle-aged Armenian woman, who had a good career, when she was younger, is doomed to be divorced and make a measly monthly salary.

- Notice that the woman in the poster also has 2 children - establish a connection between the women in the previous two posters - very important feminist propaganda tactic as it encourages a very large generalization.

- She is no longer attractive, but it's evident that she was rather attractive when she was younger - This encourages generalization that only attractive young women in Armenia can have successful careers, and only while they are young (connection with a message in poster #2) - (NOT the case in Armenia)

- She is divorced - meant to imply that Armenian men are only interested in being with younger women, and divorce their wives when they get older (Not the case in Armenia

- She no longer works as an engineer, but as a full-time babysitter. - This, along with the above is meant to imply that Armenians no longer see use in middle aged, unattractive women, no matter what their education and experience. A direct implication that men only see women useful in their youth, and only when they are attractive. This is a feminist lie that feminists like to repeat over and over again, yet never seem to find any conclusive evidence to support it. In essence, they are just spreading propaganda, hoping that nobody will question the veracity of the statements and conclusions they push forward. This, is the holy grail of feminist propaganda tactics

- Also note, that by painting a picture of an under-salaried, divorced woman the poster

Aims to create sympathy in order to encourage a generalization and guide the reader towards an incorrect conclusion
      -----------------------

Now that I've analyzed these posters, I have a few comments which some of you sensitive souls should refrain from reading.

The people who are creating such posters and are actively distributing them, DO NOT have Armenia's BEST INTERESTS at HEART. They are spreading false generalizations, and propagating incorrect assumptions and conclusions. They are doing this to create a gender divide in our beloved homeland, so that we, as a people, as a nation lose our numbers, lose our strength and be ripe for complete and total destruction and assimilation.

Let all such people take their vile crap and stick it up their gaping behinds, where it belongs. **** all of them to hell.

Siggie, I sincerely hope that you are neither involved in the creation nor the active distribution of these kinds of propaganda materials.
      Last edited by levon; 02-24-2010, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Great post Levon. I too am of the opinion that there is more at work than we are led to believe in these and other so called 'westernization' or liberlization drives in Armenia and other parts of the world.
        For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
        to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
          I'll simply add again that if there are women capable of maintaining a career and at the same time raising their kids and being a good wife (I consider all of the above as responsibilities) then no one can prevent them from doing/being so.
          This is fine if it's an individual choice, but I do not think it is healthy for any society to aggressively push women to leave their kids at home and become supermoms. On an individual level, there are plenty of women in Armenia who are such, and I don't see any need in changing social policy to encourage it.

Yea I call that prostitution and a disguised one at that. At least the real prostitutes have the honesty/courage to show what they are for…
          I think you misunderstand the meaning of prostitution. A man pays a prostitute so that after sex, he may never have to hear from her again. A man with money doesn't need a prostitute for sex, there are many other avenues, but they come with the danger of the woman wanting too much and causing problems.

and I'm not talking about being with a 'bum… there are many girls today who are not satisfied with a modest income, they simply do not find it attractive
          A woman, as well as a man is free to decide what qualities they desire most in their partner. If a woman desires a rich man, is it any more wrong than a woman who desires an extremely smart man, or an extremely handsome man? Or is it any more wrong for a man to desire a rich woman, an extremely intelligent woman, or an extremely attractive woman? I don't see why going after money is any more wrong than going after genetic qualities. One wants the money, the other wants the sperm. Same sh*t!!!

… as a consequence the nice, intelligent guy with all the qualities in the world but with a an average earning is being rejected in favour of a rich man with whatever infirmity/disabilities...
          Life is not meant to be fair, no reason to assume that some qualities should be more "honorable" than others.

Just a side note, I know many "nice, intelligent guys" who are alone, because they can't bring themselves to realize that maybe, just maybe their brains and niceness will almost never bring them any women (at least attractive ones, but there are always some exceptions)

And "you are a nice, intelligent guy with all the qualities in the world, you'll find someone who'll appreciate you for who you are" is something a mom or a female friend says to a guy who has no idea why girls keep rejecting him.

and the woman goes at any lengths to adapt herself to his lifestyle, his caprices, merely to lead a comfortable life.
          If that's what she wants out of her life, and he that's what he wants out of his life, then she's happy and he's happy. What's wrong with that???

I can go into more details concerning the games women may play with men on different levels of their relationship.. That's plain disgusting
          Hey, if a guy gets played by a girl, then he was naive and should smarten up. Similarly, if a girl gets played by a guy then she was naive and should smarten up. Part of life.

Vaaay Levon, the omelet thing was just an example. What has it got to do with lust?
          You mentioned attraction and I wanted to know what you mean by it. As KanadaHye explained there are two kinds, and I believe that doing chores makes one marriage-material and not the other kind of attractive.

You wouldn't help your wife to do the chores. Please do so, it is not a pleasant job to do every single day, it's boring.
          Many responsibilities aren't pleasant to do, but then again that's why they are called responsibilities and not "happy time"
          Last edited by levon; 02-24-2010, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
            Great post Levon. I too am of the opinion that there is more at work than we are led to believe in these and other so called 'westernization' or liberlization drives in Armenia and other parts of the world.
            Thanks aper jan. If their views weren't pushed through such obvious deceitful propaganda, I might have become of the opinion that there was nothing more than genuine concern in their agenda. But as you said, most obviously there is much more than that.

Comment

Levon, what do you think about involving more Armenian women into our military structures?

Comment

Damn Levon... you pretty much wrote out my entire view on the systematic and organized propaganda that is being perpetuated by feminists (which, for the most part, probably aren't even women!).
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
                  -...Typical Feminist propaganda tactic - establish sympathy, then encourage a generalization.....
                  Of all the lowdown backstabbing dirty tricks...........unbelievable
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
                    Without getting much into the rest of the discussion, I just want to point out that quality daycare and babysitters are options as well. Daycare is good because the child can learn social skills through interacting with other children and it helps with the transition to preschool/kindergarten.
                    That all sounds good in theory but arranging to drop off and pick up the kids at the proper times interferes with work schedules. Daycares charge extra for being late. I work with a woman who ends up paying more to the day care than the overtime she puts in at work towards the end of the day. However, she has no choice since she can't just leave work in the middle of an important meeting. The amount of stress that she goes through is rediculous and she's constantly on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Lucky for her, she's in an environment that understands her troubles. Some other places I've worked wouldn't have tolerated the mistakes she makes due to her mind being elsewhere all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
                      Levon, what do you think about involving more Armenian women into our military structures?
                      The guy doesn't think women should be working so do you really need to ask him this question?
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X