Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

IRAN declared itself a nuclear nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IRAN declared itself a nuclear nation

Originally posted by Muhaha View Post
    Also, it isn't my "Assumption" that people have gone to wars over Religion and fairy tale stories. That's simply the facts of the region and the world.
    Originally posted by Siggie View Post
    Also, I don't think Ashot's saying that religion hasn't been a factor, so the fact that there have been religiously motivated wars or acts of violence doesn't change his point. Christians have blood on their hands too.
    I was referring to the particular recent events that were labeled as acts of revenge because of religion and "insulting one's prophet" that the world has experienced. I was not referring to wars, massacres, genocides, violent events, etc. because of religion in history, which I know have been many, have been and are actually a major trigger in conflicts, and that no religion in the world can claim its hands are clean of blood.

You clearly misunderstood me, if I gave my idea in a rather not clear war, I'm sorry.

So what's your point?
    My point is that people have somehow forgot that it was the USA that launched the first nuclear bomb and started the worldwide nuclear terror. Not even Nazi Germany, also was known to be developing nuclear armory at the time of WWII, not even the USSR, with the worldwide terror older generations were given as of the 'nuclear apocalypse' the unleashing of an actual war could happen during the period of the Cold War, or more recently Iraq and Cheney's imaginary "weapon's of mass destruction", have made the world stare at the horror of a nuclear disaster as it was in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. In my opinion, the US government claiming that other countries (funny enough only Muslim countries) "may" have this kind of weapons and "may" be threatening world peace, when they have wide experience on both issues their own, it's just hypocritical.

That's my point.
    Last edited by ashot24; 02-14-2010, 09:54 PM.

Comment

So we should say "sorry, you can't take advantage of the cheapest and safest energy source because we don't trust Islamic countries not to do more with it?"
      Yes.

Having nuclear energy doesn't equal being able to make and launch a nuclear bomb.
      I know it doesn't, but it's a step in that direction.

Also, I don't think Ashot's saying that religion hasn't been a factor, so the fact that there have been religiously motivated wars or acts of violence doesn't change his point. Christians have blood on their hands too.
      Of course Christians have blood on their hands, that's why I'm also opposed to any nations that are run by Priests/Popes getting their hands on Nuclear weapons. I don't have anything special against Muslims that I don't have against Christians, xxxs, Buddhists, etc. The only reason I'm emphasizing Islam right now is because it's the loudest of today's religions and it's supporters are the most passionate. I also emphasize the Middle East because it has the largest concentration of Religiously run nations. The only other state that's run by Religion that's not in the Middle East that I can think of is the Vatican.

Comment

Originally posted by SevSpitak View Post
        Again, what does this have to do with Muslims or the Middle-Easterns? Can you name me ONE person in power (as in presidents, politicians, prime ministers, etc.) who aren't bad?
        Russia, China, France, etc aren't going to start lobbing nukes over religion anytime soon. That's what I mean by 'bad'.

Comment

How are you so sure they will never use it? How do you know they won't have an irrational leader in 5 years or 10 years or tomorrow?

And also, Iran's history is FAR from just being defensive. If I remember correctly, I think Armenians have had to fight them off on a couple of occasions....
          In the last 200 years the Persians haven't attacked any one they were the ones who were being attacked. And those wars were so long ago that they don't matter for today.

And no one can be more irrational than Kim Il of North Korea and he's got an A-bomb do you see him using it? No, because he knows the moment he uses it, it will be the moment that his country will be attacked and bombed back o the stone age by every nation on this planet.

Only ones has a A-bomb been used in the last 60 years, if the Russians and Americans didn't use it on each other Iran isn't going to use it either.

Comment

In my opinion Iran is a long way from manufacturing nuclear weapons (anybody thinks they wouldn't want nukes are kidding themselves). You need to enrich Uranium to 90% before you can have a bomb. Currently USA, Russia, and France have suggested a deal to Iran for Russia to enrich Uranium to the 20% needed for nuclear power with France being one of the few nations capable to make the sophisticated fuel rods for Iran’s power generation and medical use. At 20% the Uranium can no longer be enriched to weapons grade. Iran has refused so far and stated that they can manage to make the rods themselves and they already are capable of enriching to 20%.

If the West decides to take out the Iranian facilities they face many problems. First of all Israel cannot do it by itself and it will fail badly due to large area that has to be covered. There are three ways to get to Iran that Israel considers. Through Iraq by obtaining clearance from the US controlled Iraqi airspace. Through Syria or through Turkey (which seems doubtful with their latest fiasco).

Also the latest pentagon intelligence states that in order to be successful in reaching the deeply buried facilities scattered around the large country tactical nukes have to be used. First a bunker buster bomb will make a hole and then the low radiation tactical nuke to take out the facilities (which are very close to populated areas btw). The other way would be to take out power generators and water factories (both needed in great quantity for nuclear power/weapon construction) which would also adversely affect the people of Iran. This will only set them back for two years according to the studies.

I personally think that a nuclear Mullah is a very very bad idea but are they going to use it on Israel or say Saudi Arabia? I say No. Destroying the futures state of Pals or damaging Al Aqsa mosque or killing Arabs in big numbers will be met with great reaction from the Arab word, not to mention Western powers retaliation.

The biggest nuclear threat that I see in the world is Pakistan with Al Qaeda growing influence in that unstable country. If the authorities’ loose control there is a chance that jihadists will get their hand on at least a dirty bomb and decide to light it off in USA.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Muhaha
              Russia, China, France, etc aren't going to start lobbing nukes over religion anytime soon. That's what I mean by 'bad'.
              What about Israel? Their state ideology is based on Old Testament stories from the Bronze Age, which is even crazier than an Islamic theocracy. Nontheless they have hundreds of nukes stockpiled in secret silos. Do you know how Israel obtained their nuclear weapons? They developed them secretly, and nobody would have known about it if it weren't for a brave J ewish whistleblower named Mordechai Vanunu, who was later kidnapped in Italy by Mossad agents and thrown in an Israeli dungeon where he is still rotting. If he didn't sacrifice his own life by opening his mouth, no one today would have known that Israel has nukes. Yet Israel is treated as a legitimate nation.

And how did the world react to Israel's secret nuclear program? Instead of punishing or sanctioning them, they gave them jets that were capable of carrying and dropping their nukes hundreds of miles outside of Israel. But somehow, its Israel out of all countries thats worried about Iran, and the west is mostly concerned because Israel feels threatened. Israel is like the west's high-maintenance girlfriend who always gets in trouble with strange men.

And realistically, Iran's leaders are not stupid, they're not going to start dropping nukes on people, and they're not going to sell their nukes to people on the blackmarket who can turn around and use them on Iran. Nukes are simply a weapon which discourages people from attacking your country. Iran doesn't want to be the next Iraq, which is what the west is planning for them REGARDLESS whether they have nukes or not.

Comment

btw armenia can use iran as advantage again.we can get nuclear things from them and prospect armenia to be stronger against turkey and azerbaijan

Comment

Originally posted by Parskahay View Post
                  btw armenia can use iran as advantage again.we can get nuclear things from them and prospect armenia to be stronger against turkey and azerbaijan
                  nuclear things from Iran?? What do you want Armenia to get carpet bombed and economically isolated by the West? Armenia should stay away from Iran's nuclear program. Iranian people much more support muslim Azerbaijan than Armenia, mostly because of religion and the fact so many Azeris are in Iran.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
                    What about Israel?
                    One of the first things I said in this thread was that Israel should also be disarmed and I've already stated numerous times my beef isn't with only Muslims or Iran. It's with any nation run by a group of people who think there's an invisible man in the sky giving people orders.

The only reason I'm emphasizing Islam is because it's the loudest and most passionate of today's religions.

Comment

Not to mention Armenia...

Isn't ANYBODY worried a nuclear weapon might be smuggled by one of the millions of azeris living in Iran into Azerbaijan and then used on Armenia? I'm sure Iran's military contains a high number of people who support Azerbaijan, and would love to pass one over to Alyiev.

No matter how you look at it, it just creates way too many problems for everybody if Iran gets nukes.
                      Last edited by Muhaha; 02-15-2010, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X